Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 7

Default Windows 7

I just thought we should have a new thread for Windows 7, seeing as it has nothing to do with Linux.
    If you guys need any tips feel free to ask, I have been using Windows 7 since January, and have grown very accustom to it. Some helpful tips/hints to get you started:

#1...STOP USING DESKTOP... It is no longer needed with Windows 7, you can simply pin your most used/favorite programs to the taskbar at the bottom now. That means you dont have to close windows or press the start button to get to the program you want.

#2....When your looking to do ANYTHING at all on your computer, the easiest way minus the taskbar is to press the windows button, and simply type any thing your looking to do in the search box at the bottom. this is the best feature in my opinion. For example if you want to burn a dvd but dont want to go through all the hassle all you have to do is simply>press windows button>type dvd, and its the first thing that comes up.

#3.....Virtual Sticky Notes on your desktop rules, and Gadgets can go anywhere now, not just on a stupid sidebar.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I wish I had the PC inerds to run 64 bits!
    I finally got the 64 bit capability last year, after hearing this brit from work tell me over and over how smoother it was. i didn't believe him at first, but it truly makes an operating system much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    I finally got the 64 bit capability last year, after hearing this brit from work tell me over and over how smoother it was. i didn't believe him at first, but it truly makes an operating system much better.
    Oh yeah dude, at least twice as better.

Default Windows 7 RC gets its first bug, and it's doozy

The first documented bug in the Windows 7 Release Candidate (build 7100) is a doozy.
    Yesterday, Microsoft published Knowledge Base article 970789, which provides details of a problem that affects the 32-bit (x86) English-language version of Windows 7 build 7100. The problem, in short, is that the installer incorrectly sets access control lists (ACLs) on the root of the system drive. The longer version is described as follows:...
    Ed Bott’s Microsoft Report mobile edition

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Yeah I read this somewhere, mine didn't update so 64 bit systems must not have been affected. Did it affect yours Chiefster?

Yeah I read this somewhere, mine didn't update so 64 bit systems must not have been affected. Did it affect yours Chiefster?
    No actually it installed correctly for me; I was unaffected by the bug. I got lucky.

Yeah, 64 bit systems are unaffected by this bug.

Well, I have ended up with one minor problem with Windows 7. Kodak printers won't work worth a darn for it. Kodak said they won't release a new driver set until Win7 goes live so Kodak customers are screwed. Not Microsofts fault though. Kodak is the same company that refuses to make drivers for Linux as well.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Well, I have ended up with one minor problem with Windows 7. Kodak printers won't work worth a darn for it. Kodak said they won't release a new driver set until Win7 goes live so Kodak customers are screwed. Not Microsofts fault though. Kodak is the same company that refuses to make drivers for Linux as well.
    Man, that sucks!

I think it's stupid not to go ahead and release a driver for this OS.

Yeah that's crap. They know Win7 is coming, so why not release some drivers, and all in all it should be an easy fix. Another reason why I will always choose HP for printers.

Yeah that's crap. They know Win7 is coming, so why not release some drivers, and all in all it should be an easy fix. Another reason why I will always choose HP for printers.
    The only reason I even purchased it was for the affordable Wifi functionality. The ink is cheaply priced but also doesn't last near as long as what the overpriced HP cartridges do. Probably a wash on ink I guess. Hp didn't have any reasonably priced Wifi printers at the time though. Too late to change it now I guess.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

The only reason I even purchased it was for the affordable Wifi functionality. The ink is cheaply priced but also doesn't last near as long as what the overpriced HP cartridges do. Probably a wash on ink I guess. Hp didn't have any reasonably priced Wifi printers at the time though. Too late to change it now I guess.

I know that's right, I looked everywhere for a decent priced one and couldn't find one anywhere. I ended up getting the standard non wifi one and just taking my laptop over there each time I wanted to use it.

Just curious how much ink is for the Kodak, I have been getting two multicolor packs for 24.99, and too me thats reasonable. I get two blacks for 19.99, which isnt bad either. I dont print a whole hell of a lot, so i only need ink 3-4 times a year.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast