Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: People who know football know Cassell is not the problem.

Default People who know football know Cassell is not the problem.

While I don't believe that Matt Cassell is as good as touted it is clear to me that he has the most heart of anyone on the team. And probably want's to win more as well. I saw him scramble for a first down, not slide, and jump up fired up! I don't see any player or coach doing that. He is constantly under pressure every single snap due to what I believe is the real problem our offensive line. The defense rocks! Crennel is a great guy but not a head coach. I'm on the fence with Pioli. We will really see how devoted Hunt is to turning this thing around if he goes after a big name coach. That and focusing on the O line could make this team competitive overnight....with Matt Cassell.

He is PART of the problem.

The problem with Cassel is that he isn't improving. He had a great year in 2010 but the rest of the NFL has adjusted to him and he hasn't been able to make adjustments to them. It's time for a change at QB as well. But Cassel isn't the Biggest reason this team is failing. He's a victim of the HORRIBLE coaching staff just like a number of other players.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I failed to mention the offensive coordinator is a joke also.

People who know football, don't defend Matt Cassel as if he can be a dependable starter in the NFL.

For making this post, you do not know football.

And seriously. He's been the QB for 4 years now. CASSEL (one L).

I'm not defending him...in fact I would love to see him replaced. I'm just saying he gets all the blame and it shouldn't be that way.

Cassel isnt the whole probalem no. The coaching is the biggest problem. Matt has shown a huge heart and is very competitive, but he cant consistently pass a football. His arm strength is seeming to be almost zero. The passes that are on target take 3 minutes to get to the reciever. Matt has done some good scrambling recently (but who cares).

Quote Originally Posted by therick58 View Post
    I'm not defending him...in fact I would love to see him replaced. I'm just saying he gets all the blame and it shouldn't be that way.
    Some will hate him and blame him for EVERYTHING

Tonights game is prime example

Bowe was dropping passes that ended drives you don't see some even mentioning that.

Succopp missed a big field goal that would have won the game in regulation and kicked a ball off out of bounds You don't see some even mentioning that.

Don't let it get to them get to you. You will be called an Excuse maker told you no nothing about football told you have a love fest for Cassel if you dare to call out others besides Cassel.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Yes Bowe sucked tonight too!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast