Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: People who know football know Cassell is not the problem.

Default People who know football know Cassell is not the problem.

While I don't believe that Matt Cassell is as good as touted it is clear to me that he has the most heart of anyone on the team. And probably want's to win more as well. I saw him scramble for a first down, not slide, and jump up fired up! I don't see any player or coach doing that. He is constantly under pressure every single snap due to what I believe is the real problem our offensive line. The defense rocks! Crennel is a great guy but not a head coach. I'm on the fence with Pioli. We will really see how devoted Hunt is to turning this thing around if he goes after a big name coach. That and focusing on the O line could make this team competitive overnight....with Matt Cassell.

Anybody can make a few good passes, including Cassel. But good quarterbacks make ALOT of good passes!

I agree that he scrambles pretty well in the last 2 games but we don't need a scrambler, we need someone to hit OUR RECIEVERS!!! No other quarterback has thrown that many interceptions he doesn't take many sacks which you would say is good but if the other outcome is an INT go down with it man!!!

I agree that tonight we should have won. The holding on Albert is BS. The PI on Moeaki doesn't get called on players like TG, Gates, Graham, etc. If succop makes that fg, if Bowe catches the 2 passes he dropped, if Crennel challenges the catch that Baldwin got knocked out on (in the replay, it looked like JB had the ball in his arm on the ground and THEN Taylor pulled it out), if the defense didn't do a group celebration ... If some of those things happened, Cassel wouldn't have been in OT, and that INT would have never happened. Did he play great, no. Dd he play ok, yes. Do we need a different QB, yes. But this loss isn't all on Cassel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Richards View Post
    Anybody can make a few good passes, including Cassel. But good quarterbacks make ALOT of good passes!

Good quarterbacks take control of tight games and then win those games. That or they just put 30 points on the scoreboard.

Quote Originally Posted by therick58 View Post
    While I don't believe that Matt Cassell is as good as touted it is clear to me that he has the most heart of anyone on the team. And probably want's to win more as well. I saw him scramble for a first down, not slide, and jump up fired up! I don't see any player or coach doing that. He is constantly under pressure every single snap due to what I believe is the real problem our offensive line. The defense rocks! Crennel is a great guy but not a head coach. I'm on the fence with Pioli. We will really see how devoted Hunt is to turning this thing around if he goes after a big name coach. That and focusing on the O line could make this team competitive overnight....with Matt Cassell.
    I love Cassel's heart and tenacity. That's the main reason why I have constantly defended him. I also agree that he seems to care more about this team winning than any other player on the field. Unfortunately, heart and tenacity aren't enough to overcome his lack of talent.

Look, try watching a Chiefs game with me. I also have a lot of heart and tenacity as well, but you wouldn't want me tossing the rock around Heinz field.

I blame most of Cassel's poor passing stats on the fact that he typically makes good decisions with the ball and plays it very safe. But go back and watch last nights tape. Hen could have easily had 2 interceptions, probably should have had 3. His arm strength has always been poor, but now his decision making is awful as well.

I agree Cassel isn't the only problem. Cassel didn't drop a pass. Cassel didn't have much choice in a lot of the poor playcalling. Cassell didn't muff punts or miss FG's. But I think as a NFL QB, the bar is set higher than just completing 7 short/intermediate pass plays. This isn't his first season. Even if it was, his lack of arm stength and decision making, not to mention his 20 turnovers are plenty of reasons that he needs to hold a clipboard.

Tonight was a turning point for me and Matt Cassel. I thought was one if the worst performances I have seen from him.

Fixed your title:

People who know football know Cassell is not the only problem.

This has to be a troll post.

Really? Even in 2010 he wasn't any good. He padded his stats in garbage time and with short dump-offs to his outlet receiver. He had a couple of pretty decent games. But anybody that actually knows football, and actually watched the damn games and not just the stat lines, knows that he craps his pants under pressure, has difficulty going through his reads, and allows defenses to stack 9 in the box because they do not fear him AT ALL. That's right 9 (NINE), not eight, which is the standard overloaded front, NINE!

He has heart, he is tough, and he is a hard worker. I wish that would win football games. He is a great citizen, but that doesn't win football games either.

Yeah, there are other problems on this team as well, but "people who know football" know that Matt Cassel is a backup quarterback, and if you think any different, then you don't know football.

If we were the Washington Sentinels and our Coach was Jimmy McGinty (who looks a lot like Gene Hackman), then yes I would love Cassel on our team because all we would need to win in the second half is Heart.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Some will hate him and blame him for EVERYTHING

Tonights game is prime example

Bowe was dropping passes that ended drives you don't see some even mentioning that.

Succopp missed a big field goal that would have won the game in regulation and kicked a ball off out of bounds You don't see some even mentioning that.

Don't let it get to them get to you. You will be called an Excuse maker told you no nothing about football told you have a love fest for Cassel if you dare to call out others besides Cassel.
    Bowe....sigh...SMH(shake my head). That is all...

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    If we were the Washington Sentinels and our Coach was Jimmy McGinty (who looks a lot like Gene Hackman), then yes I would love Cassel on our team because all we would need to win in the second half is Heart.
    You know this don't look natural coach!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast