Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Branden Albert to skip all voluntary workouts

Default Branden Albert to skip all voluntary workouts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ntary-workouts

My take on this? GET RID OF THAT LT WANNABE AND DRAFT JOECKEL OR FISHER AND LET'S MOVE ON !!

And if anyone's feelings are hurt by that -- good, then let's continue !!

We need to move past this JackA$$. He does not deserve any of Mr. Hunts or our Money!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    We need to move past this JackA$$. He does not deserve any of Mr. Hunts or our Money!
    My thoughts exactly. After a 2-14 season you'd think the guy would be happy to have a roster spot, let alone a franchise tag.

Albert is smart. He's getting $10M guaranteed this year. There is no sense in risking injury and potentially crippling his future earning ability. I don't blame him one bit.

We traded the best DE in the league to draft him, which was STUPID! And now stuck with a LT that is injury prone at that position. Move him, or trade him, and draft our future RT! Unless we have to have the salary money, I'd stick him at LT, and either watch him play well, or watch his free agency options free fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Albert is smart. He's getting $10M guaranteed this year. There is no sense in risking injury and potentially crippling his future earning ability. I don't blame him one bit.
    Is that so? You're forgetting that by signing the tender, they can trade him or CUT HIM, if they so choose. He's not guaranteed anything !! And the Chiefs have no obligation whatsoever to guarantee him a LT spot. If he stays, he'll play where they tell him to, or they can suspend him without pay for conduct detrimental to the team.

Put away the damn cheerleader skirt and pom-poms regarding Albert and come to the realization that it's time to turn the page and move on.

You cant label him injury prone for one season he dealt with a back injury thats not serious or prolonging. It was just spasms and he has cleared his physical and if it was a conituning problem they wouldnt have tagged him. With that said i think we should trade him. Hes acting selfish and not a team player.

You can lable him injury prone if you want to. He has not completed one full season yet, from Knee injuries, Ankle injuries and now Back issues. That being said the Chiefs told him not to show up.

The Kansas City Star suggests the Chiefs told LT Branden Albert to not show up for the start of offseason conditioning Monday.
    It's possible the organization told Albert to stay at home for fear of risking injury. He's on the trade block, and his base salary of $9.828 million is already fully guaranteed. "I don’t get caught up in that," new coach Andy Reid said of Albert’s absence. "The guys that are here we’ll work with, and that gives the next man the opportunity to get better and get ready to play." Apr 1 - 5:36 PM
    Source: Kansas City Star

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Is that so? You're forgetting that by signing the tender, they can trade him or CUT HIM, if they so choose. He's not guaranteed anything !! And the Chiefs have no obligation whatsoever to guarantee him a LT spot. If he stays, he'll play where they tell him to, or they can suspend him without pay for conduct detrimental to the team.
    Umm, if they cut him it's still fully guaranteed. If they trade him then it would still be fully guaranteed provided he didn't negotiate a new contract with his new team.

"If a player subject to a Franchise Player designation accepts the Required Tender, the resulting Player Contract shall be fully guaranteed if the player’s contract is terminated because of lack of comparative skill; as a result of an injury sustained in the performance of his services under his Player Contract; and/or due to a Club’s determination to create Room for Salary Cap purposes." - Source (Straight from the CBA)
    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Put away the damn cheerleader skirt and pom-poms regarding Albert and come to the realization that it's time to turn the page and move on.
    When did I ever say they shouldn't move on? I said nothing about what the Chiefs should do. I have no idea what you are trying to prove here...He's skipping VOLUNTARY workouts in a year where he is already guaranteed his salary. It would be absolutely stupid for him to risk getting injured in voluntary workouts and risk a potential contract like Bushrod got (5/$35.96M w/ $17.715M guaranteed). If you can't understand that, well get off your soapbox. Bowe did the exact same thing last year. Smart of him too.

If the rest of you would risk a career ending injury in voluntary workouts, well, good for you. Give yourself a pat on the back and a gold star!

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    The Kansas City Star suggests the Chiefs told LT Branden Albert to not show up for the start of offseason conditioning Monday.

It's possible the organization told Albert to stay at home for fear of risking injury. He's on the trade block, and his base salary of $9.828 million is already fully guaranteed. "I don’t get caught up in that," new coach Andy Reid said of Albert’s absence. "The guys that are here we’ll work with, and that gives the next man the opportunity to get better and get ready to play." Apr 1 - 5:36 PM
    Source: Kansas City Star
    Oh...

Hey guys, that wannabe LT Albert gave up 1 sack in 12 games last year! What a bum LT!!!

So much fail in this thread, lol.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 04-02-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast