Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why did Andy Reid call a time out with 4 seconds left in game?

Default Why did Andy Reid call a time out with 4 seconds left in game?

He asked if they could review the missed FG attempt. He knew there was 7 Chargers to the right of the center on the line of scrimmage. This is illegal as of the rule change in 2013 and a flag should have been thrown and a second attempt made at the game winning field goal.

Can someone post a pic right before the snap.... I can't until later when I get back home.

While I am upset that this abortion of a play "non-call" cost us a game, that is not my main concern. What really pishes me off is that this call is just one more in a long line of lousy calls this year. All season long, almost every Monday the NFL has admitted yet another blown call. Our Chiefs have gotten a few "gimmes" and we've had a few go against us. The zebras in the NFL haven't really looked any better than the zebras did in my high school.

Officiating is not an exact science. I know that. But the officiating has become so pish-poor that it is starting to make people question the integrity of the NFL. And the "non-call" on that FG attempt is just WAY OVER THE TOP! This was not a judgement call. This was not a split second decision. This was over the top BLATANT! That dumb-ash zebra was 13 feet (not yards) away, staring at the illegal formation for probably 10 seconds and he made no call.

Only 3 possible explanations.....

1) The zebra didn't know the rule.....in which case he needs to be FIRED!
    2) The zebra was bought and paid for by somebody.....in which case he needs to be FIRED!
    3) The zebra was told by the NFL to help the dolts if he got a chance.....in which case he and Goodell need to be FIRED!
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 12-30-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Only 3 possible explanations.....

1) The zebra didn't know the rule.....in which case he needs to be FIRED!
    2) The zebra was bought and paid for by somebody.....in which case he needs to be FIRED!
    3) The zebra was told by the NFL to help the dolts if he got a chance.....in which case he and Goodell need to be FIRED!
    Four....

4) Ref overlooked something, when a WHOLE LOT was going on.

If you have ever refereed, or umpired, any sporting event, you know it is impossible to get every call, and that you will (unquestionably) make some bone-headed mistakes. Just as Jerry Rice dropped easy passes, right in his hands, or Joe Montana tossed INTs directly to his opponents, or like Michael Jordan missed free-throws with the game on the line.

Just look at the game thread on here.... only one member noticed the penalty that wasn't called on that FG attempt.

The forth downd in OT though...... THAT was a collasal brain-fart in my opinion. Aside from just making a terrible call.... they opted to let it play, THEN, chose the only option that would not permit their mistake to be fixed by replay.

THAT was just plain idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    ... Michael Jordan missed free-throws with the game on the line.
    Jordan never missed free-throws with the game on the line. YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

Jump shots, yes, but not free throws.

***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Oh yes he did.

The closest to perfect as any athelete I have ever seen. But he missed dunks too.

The old saying is wrong. No amount of practice, makes perfect.

Last edited by chief31; 12-31-2013 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Jordan never missed free-throws with the game on the line. YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

Jump shots, yes, but not free throws.

Didn't Jordan push off the make his final shot with the Bulls
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

By the way... really sorry for that heartbreak yesterday. Rodgers is a jerk!

Oh yes he did.
    Alright. Maybe ONCE in Junior High!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Didn't Jordan push off the make his final shot with the Bulls
    The rules allowed for more contact when he played the game. Tony Gonzalez would have been a GREAT basketball player in Jordan's era!

By the way... really sorry for that heartbreak yesterday. Rodgers is a jerk!
    It's funny, the Bears got hosed by the refs, too. There were two bad calls that the announcers called attention to in the first quarter alone, and another, when a play should have been whistled dead, that allowed the Packers to walk into the end zone for a TD. So bad calls by the refs made it possible for Phillip Rivers and Aaron Rodgers to get into the playoffs in spite of the fact that neither team won 10 games this season. Last year the Bears were the only team to win 10 or more games and not make the playoffs.

It just kinda makes you wonder ...

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Isn't Chicago a bigger market than Green Bay? Same with Pitts/San Diego?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Isn't Chicago a bigger market than Green Bay? Same with Pitts/San Diego?
    It's a QB driven league. Rivers is having the best year of his career and Many believe that Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL. Nobody Likes Cutler. The League may lose some viewers in the Chicago area without the Bears, but they gain many more nationwide with the Packers. Their fans are everywhere. Many think of Ben as a Rapist. The league will take a QB who "wears his emotions on his sleeve" (cry baby) and is having a great season over an old struggling washed up pervert any time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast