Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Geno Crow

Default Geno Crow

I'm eating it. Still rooting for the kid though. Not like he needed anymore motivation...

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I was talking passing numbers note I asked why he hide behind the running

The difference being the rushing play runs through kaep with the read option. His rushing average was more than Smith's ypa in a few of Smith's seasons, how sad is that?
    Last edited by MyManHali; 05-02-2013 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    No, a stupid pick is drafting a non impact position with a top pick.
    Strange NFL gms seem to disagree with that but I'm sure that doesn't matter you're so much smarter then Every gm in the nfl
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

No, a stupid pick is drafting a non impact position with a top pick.
    The NFL is a QB driven league. The #1 overall pick should be reserved for QBs, guys who protect the QB, and guys who get after the QB. If you look at the draft, guys who get paid the most money, and the most important positions on the field, history absolutely supports that assertion. Not sure what you mean by "impact" position.

Strange NFL gms seem to disagree with that but I'm sure that doesn't matter you're so much smarter then Every gm in the nfl

Really? Can you give me an example of when a GM seemed to favor a non impact position over an impact position with a top pick? For every example you could find I can find many more. Even top 3 picks. Most of them are qb's, LTs, DE, CB, RB. Not 3/4 DE, guard, RT etc... Whether they were successful or not remains but one thing is for sure, gm's do prefer impact positions versus non impact.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 05-02-2013 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    The NFL is a QB driven league. The #1 overall pick should be reserved for QBs, guys who protect the QB, and guys who get after the QB. If you look at the draft, guys who get paid the most money, and the most important positions on the field, history absolutely supports that assertion. Not sure what you mean by "impact" position.

Well a LT not a RT

Really? Can you give me an example of when a GM seemed to favor a non impact position over an impact position with a top pick? For every example you could find I can find many more. Even top 3 picks. Most of them are qb's, LTs, DE, CB, RB. Not 3/4 DE, guard, RT etc... Whether they were successful or not remains but one thing is for sure, gm's do prefer impact positions versus non impact.
    Ummmmmm what went the most in this past draft in the first round O LINE. But I'm sure that doesn't matter Our Gm is an example the Rams 97 draft pick (won the superbowl 2 years later) the Dolphins 08 The Jags this year. All Gms who favored these horrible o line players over "impact positions" because apperently it's not an impact position to be able to keep the QB from being drilled as soon as he gets the pall.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Well a LT not a RT
    Fisher can play both
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Ummmmmm what went the most in this past draft in the first round O LINE. But I'm sure that doesn't matter Our Gm is an example the Rams 97 draft pick (won the superbowl 2 years later) the Dolphins 08 The Jags this year. All Gms who favored these horrible o line players over "impact positions" because apperently it's not an impact position to be able to keep the QB from being drilled as soon as he gets the pall.
    But the LT position is impact. The problem is we have a LT in place who we are trying to sign long term. Show me when a RT was selected with the first pick with the intention of starting him at RT, not because he was a bust.

Well a LT not a RT
    Fisher is the future at the LT position for this franchise. An NFL team isn't going to spend the #1 overall pick on a RT. He may play there a year or two at the most, but they didn't draft him to play the right side. I hope that's not what you're saying they did.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Fisher is the future at the LT position for this franchise. An NFL team isn't going to spend the #1 overall pick on a RT. He may play there a year or two at the most, but they didn't draft him to play the right side. I hope that's not what you're saying they did.
    It's very possible Dorsey drafted him with the intention to trade Albert. Now that they realize they aren't getting what they wanted for albert they are stuck, another possible blunder by this regime.