Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jon Baldwin

Default Jon Baldwin

I'm pumped about having someone on ye other side of Bowe. But reading this article, I hope it's a homerun and not a bust. What's your thoughts?

http://www.bigblueview.com/2011/2/1/...-wr-pittsburgh

I was at the draft tonight. KC's pick did not inspire the crowd. Crickets actually. I'm not shocked that we took a WR in the 1st rd since there was no free agency an it was our single biggest need. The positive is that we gained an early 3rd rounder. I won't be shocked if we draft at least 1 more WR. We also will take a qb with one of those 3rd rd picks. In Pioli I trust.

Why I love this pick:

We get arguably the 3rd most talented WR in the draft, below the two without a doubt top WR picks in Green and Jones. We had a huge need for WR, just look at the playoff game against the Ravens.

I look across the board at this team, and can without a doubt say that WR is the #1 need, NT a close second, and interior offensive line 3rd. Pioli acquired an extra fairly early pick (#70) to move down 6 spots. Given his track record just last year of finding guys in the mid rounds (namely Moeaki, Asamoah, Arenas), I'm even more excited that we are going to pick up some solid players in the rounds to come to fill these holes. With 3 of the next 50 picks, just imagine what we'll bring in...Can't wait.

Surely we solidify OL needs w/ one of these 3 picks, then maybe look to a guy like Fua or Paea for NT.

But in the end, look at the team last year...We have one of the best rushing attacks and a stud in Dwayne Bowe. Add in another WR threat in Baldwin, factor in McCluster and Moeaki...This offense is built to score points. The O-line as it stands now is pretty solid, and we figure to add in some competition in these middle rounds.

On defense Romeo has turned a lot of players into studs. Let's not give up on Tyson Jackson, who I really hope turns the corner like Dorsey and Derrick Johnson did this year. We still need a NT w/ Ron Edwards maybe out of the picture, but there is still some talent out there.

I'M PUMPED AFTER ONE PICK!
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 04-29-2011 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Why I love this pick:

We get arguably the 3rd most talented WR in the draft, below the two without a doubt top WR picks in Green and Jones. We had a huge need for WR, just look at the playoff game against the Ravens.

I look across the board at this team, and can without a doubt say that WR is the #1 need, NT a close second, and interior offensive line 3rd. Pioli acquired an extra fairly early pick (#70) to move down 6 spots. Given his track record just last year of finding guys in the mid rounds (namely Moeaki, Asamoah, Arenas), I'm even more excited that we are going to pick up some solid players in the rounds to come to fill these holes. With 3 of the next 50 picks, just imagine what we'll bring in...Can't wait.

Surely we solidify OL needs w/ one of these 3 picks, then maybe look to a guy like Fua or Paea for NT.

But in the end, look at the team last year...We have one of the best rushing attacks and a stud in Dwayne Bowe. Add in another WR threat in Baldwin, factor in McCluster and Moeaki...This offense is built to score points. The O-line as it stands now is pretty solid, and we figure to add in some competition in these middle rounds.

On defense Romeo has turned a lot of players into studs. Let's not give up on Tyson Jackson, who I really hope turns the corner like Dorsey and Derrick Johnson did this year. We still need a NT w/ Ron Edwards maybe out of the picture, but there is still some talent out there.

I'M PUMPED AFTER ONE PICK!
    As usual, some will argue that we should've gotten Carimi or some OT, but oh well.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I thought we were going to go with Ayer's but hey I'm not complaining about Baldwin!

He does add a much needed aspect to our offense, his potential is through the roof from what I have heard. Another thing that Haley probably likes about him is that He rarely drops balls. The only knocks I have heard is that he tends to be lazy and take off plays when he knows it's not coming his way, and he had a disorderly conduct charge in 2009 (for the area he grew up in, to only have 1 thing on his record is a good thing haha) kinda sounds like Dewayne Bowe to me.

I have a feeling that Haley and Pioli will set this guy down and say listen here: Look at my Resume with WR's (Bowe, Fitz, Boldin, Terry Glen, TO, Marty Booker... all had career years under Haley's watch) I can help make you a superstar WR in this league if you buy into what I am trying to teach you. I expect you to listen and work at the things I ask of you, and I promise you will see success, if you decide to not listen you can remain an average WR and only achieve minimal success in this league. We want to win a championship and feel that if we get you to produce what we feel you are capable of, we should have no problem getting there.

I actually heard we were trying to trade back again, but with the trade going on between Baltimore and Chicago the Chiefs were unsure if a team was looking to grab Baldwin and he was the top guy left on our board.

I think Baldwin will become our main WR cause he has alot to prove and Bowe will get alittle better. I dont care who we pick anymore cause Pioli is the man, I would like to go to Vegas with his skills and play some cards...lol. I now see why NE was so good for so many years other than coaching, Solid Draft Picks!

I'm stoked! I've love huge WR's that with great verticals. I also would have like Carimi, but we can get a solid guy in the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    As usual, some will argue that we should've gotten Carimi or some OT, but oh well.
    I would have loved an OT. But, I also think we can find great talent for the O-line in the 2nd or 3rd, specially if they are looking at Center or Guard. The trade back to get the early 3rd, now opens the door to fill one of those voids.

Plus this WR can be a star. From I have read, it is just a matters of what is between his ears. There is quetions about his work ethic. if he works at it but he has the tools.

I've read reviews that says he does drop easy balls and reviews that say he doesn't drop many, so I'll have to wait and see on that. Almost every review I've read said he the potential to be special. There are questions about his character but Pioli usually is concerned about that so I would guess that Pioli thinks that won't be a problem. He certainly has the physical tools to be what we need. Time will tell how good he is .
    The Chiefs are Back!

I think we could of had this guy in the second or third. There was no real outstanding player that I felt we needed to draft..hopefully we will get some offensive line in there in the next few rounds.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast