Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ChiefsCrowd.com Article : The Chiefs Must Draft A Starting Safety

Post ChiefsCrowd.com Article : The Chiefs Must Draft A Starting Safety

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Exactly my point!!!
    I'm mostly being sarcastic. I could care less if we get Berry or not, doesn't matter to me who we draft though I do have my preferences. Just as long as whoever it is that we draft brings pride to the Chiefs colors and VICTORIES!

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    well good think berry won't be a strong safety. He will be Free safety. Page would be our strong safety.

And watch any videos on Berry he does make mistakes but they are few and far between and he knows when he makes them and he works to improve. He is going to be a very good safety in the NFL. I say we take him at #5 for 100% sure. If all else fails we can move him to cornerback and have 2 shutdown corners. Carr will become nickel back, possible safety aswell.
    If he were capable of being a "shutdown corner" then he would not be listed as a Safety, and he wouldn't have been playing Safety in school.

CB is a far more difficult position to fill than Safety. Old, and slow CBs become Safeties. Safeties do not become CBs.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    If he were capable of being a "shutdown corner" then he would not be listed as a Safety, and he wouldn't have been playing Safety in school.

CB is a far more difficult position to fill than Safety. Old, and slow CBs become Safeties. Safeties do not become CBs.
    Correct. IMO Berry (no matter what team drafts him) will always be a great "safety", not a Cornerback.

Read up on him.. There is all kinds of talk from teams that want to turn him into a cornerback rather than a safety because of his ball skills.
    Some people think it will happen some dont. All i'm saying is IF we do take him and he doesn't turn out, then there is always the possibilty of putting him at corner like ALOT of teams think they could do very easily.

Berry is simply the most highly touted safety in the draft, that doesn't mean a lot though. Taylor Mays entered the 2009 season as the "top" safety. There are still going to be some good safeties available in rounds 2-3, they just aren't as hyped as Berry.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

I agree. I just don't think he can play the SS or CB position as a starter. Crennel would have to work with him, and develop him into a shut-down corner. I'm not saying i am completely dismissing drafting berry, i just think Strong Safety is a bigger need at the moment, and he's more of a FS. I'd really like to see if Dejuan Morgan can produce at the FS spot still. Any word on what Mike Brown is doing? I think he still has some left in the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    I'm mostly being sarcastic. I could care less if we get Berry or not, doesn't matter to me who we draft though I do have my preferences. Just as long as whoever it is that we draft brings pride to the Chiefs colors and VICTORIES!
    THIS. There's alot of positions that we need. I wouldn't mind if it was a WR, LB, OT, S, or whatever. As long as they can produce and help this team progress, i'm on board. I trust Pioli and the coaching staff's decisions and feel they'll draft the player that will best help the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Berry is simply the most highly touted safety in the draft, that doesn't mean a lot though. Taylor Mays entered the 2009 season as the "top" safety. There are still going to be some good safeties available in rounds 2-3, they just aren't as hyped as Berry.
    I agree on the quality not being solely on Berry. I am a huge proponent of Taylor Mays and his abilities. I just hope we land a Superstar at the position this season maybe even a development player such as Rolle.

Berry is sooooo much more then a safety!!!!!

He is a leader!!!!

He is a role model!!

He his a momentum changer!

He is a Game changer!

He is a interception machine!

He is an inspiration to all he plays with!

He is respect getter to all offences!

He my Freinds, will be a chief!

Just think back, and ask yourselves,when was the last time the chiefs had a defense that made offenses change there strategy,

Go CHIEFS!!!!!!

DID I mention he reads offenses better then most and is a don't miss tackling machine!

And NOOOO. before you ask,I'm not gay and he is not my boyfriend.

Just think he is a once in a lifetime player.

And REALLY don't want the Faiders or Donkeys getting him.

And for the fans who don't want to pay Berry that kind of money......We could give it to some player like Bowe,Dorsey,or Jackson,

Bowe may never be more then average, he has to improve to do that.

Dorsey will never be average in a 3 4 defense (could be good in a 4 3 though)

Jackson (too soon to tell) but appears to be average or slightly above.

All of them got huge dollars,
    Do we want another normal high priced player or do we want the best MAN for the TEAM???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast