Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Needs?

Post Chiefs Needs?

I think the Chiefs need to work on their Offensive line, get another good Tight End, pick-up a Free Agent Wide Receiver (like Jackson from San Diego, or Philly), and another Good free agent Quarterback. Everything else is in place, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by trck7766 View Post
    I think the Chiefs need to work on their Offensive line, get another good Tight End, pick-up a Free Agent Wide Receiver (like Jackson from San Diego, or Philly), and another Good free agent Quarterback. Everything else is in place, what do you think?
    Overall I agree with your list but I'd add NT to the list. Gregg might have one more year left and Powe seems unable or ready to be on the 53 man roster. Past that the list is dependent upon who we lose or gain in free agency.

Can't say that I'd want Jackson from either San Diego or Philly. There's to much ego there and not enough team.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Overall I agree with your list but I'd add NT to the list. Gregg might have one more year left and Powe seems unable or ready to be on the 53 man roster. Past that the list is dependent upon who we lose or gain in free agency.

Can't say that I'd want Jackson from either San Diego or Philly. There's to much ego there and not enough team.
    Agree that I wouldn't want either Jackson..

I actually have never understood where all of the hype for Vincent Jackson came from..His career best catch total in a season is 69 he then follows that up with 60, 14, 59, 41, 27, & 3. With a pass happy offense and Rivers chucking the ball I would think he should at least have a couple 80 catch seasons (Bowe has had 2 80+ catch seasons, 2 70+ catch seasons, and the debacle with Haley in 09 still had him nab 47 balls, in an offense that is clearly run-first.)

He does have 3 1000 yd seasons....but just barely over. I'm not saying he is not a good WR...I'm just saying that I don't think he is as good as the entire "hold-out" last year made him out to be.

Jackson is the problem step child. Need to beef up the O line first and foremost add another solid TE. If Bowe stays we look pretty solid in that area not that we couldn't add another WR. Need more depth all around and a good back up QB.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Jackson is the problem step child. Need to beef up the O line first and foremost add another solid TE. If Bowe stays we look pretty solid in that area not that we couldn't add another WR. Need more depth all around and a good back up QB.
    I've looked at mocks that have us drafting Egnew from Missouri in the 4th. This draft seems pretty deep in TE's that can come in and handle the load just fine. If we can stock pile a few draft picks I'd be perfectly happy picking up a TE with a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Biggest needs
    O LINE O LINE O LINE anther pass rusher and did I mention O LINE. And a Qb to battle with Cassel Oh did I forget O LINE
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I've looked at mocks that have us drafting Egnew from Missouri in the 4th. This draft seems pretty deep in TE's that can come in and handle the load just fine. If we can stock pile a few draft picks I'd be perfectly happy picking up a TE with a 3rd or 4th rounder.
    Wouldn't mind a guy like Ladarius Green from La-Lafayette... In rounds 3-5

Major colleges didn't scout him because he was viewed as a tall, skinny, receiver without great speed. But he was recruited to play TE and has since bulked up without loosing speed.

In 2010: Led all tight ends nationally in receiving yardage (794), receiving yards-per-game (79.4), receiving yards-per-catch (18.0), games with 80 yards or more receiving (7) and receiving touchdowns (7)

also a 2 year starter, with 3 years significant playing experience. Could be a nice option to pair with Moeaki as a receiving threat

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Biggest needs
    O LINE O LINE O LINE anther pass rusher and did I mention O LINE. And a Qb to battle with Cassel Oh did I forget O LINE
    I'm with you on the O-line and a qb battle but I think Justin Houston has really stepped up, him and Hali are going to be a force this season.

I agree we need O-line help...

I would love David DeCastro...but I have been thinking recently that RT is more of a pressing need at the moment because Lilja is still under contract...and I'm pretty sure the only OT's under contract are Albert, Maneri, and Mims if I'm not mistaken...

Not set on Maneri being the RT or Mims for that matter (basically because he hasn't had the experience yet, and was an undrafted FA last year)

So I'm thinking more like Jonathan Martin or Riely Reiff in Round 1.

Thoughts on which is the bigger need right now LG or RT???

Think we need saftey depth (Maybe Merriweather?), NT, TE, WR (a speedster to stretch the field), and of course QB depth (maybe Brady Quinn?)

Biggest needs in this order: RT, NT, QB, TE, RG, Power RB.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast