Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL Wants Teams In Mexico, London & Toronto In 10 Years

Sweets Guest

Default NFL Wants Teams In Mexico, London & Toronto In 10 Years

Mark Waller, NFL senior vice president of sales and marketing, also said in an interview that he hopes the league would have teams based in London, Mexico and Canada within 10 years. Waller said that he hopes the league would have teams based outside the U.S. by 2017. "Ten years from now, I hope we will have a team in London, I hope we'll have a team in Mexico, I hope we'll have one in Toronto, playing within the NFL,'' Waller said.

Source: Ben Maller, FoxSports.com

I hope the NFL as we know it stays in the US. Can you imagine having to travel to another country every Sunday to play football?

Sweets Guest

I think the Europe team would be hell, there's like a 9 hour time difference compared to the West coast and just logistics alone would make it near impossible to fly to and from games and have enough time to practice etc. Is the NFL that desperate for money that they would go that far? I don't see the NFL having a team in Europe that would be intergrated into one of the divisions here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    Mark Waller, NFL senior vice president of sales and marketing, also said in an interview that he hopes the league would have teams based in London, Mexico and Canada within 10 years. Waller said that he hopes the league would have teams based outside the U.S. by 2017. "Ten years from now, I hope we will have a team in London, I hope we'll have a team in Mexico, I hope we'll have one in Toronto, playing within the NFL,'' Waller said.

Source: Ben Maller, FoxSports.com
    I hope the NFL stays as is. As a Canadian I wouldn't mind having an exhibition game or two here, but the NFL is an American thing. Plus it would crush our little CFL and those games are a good reason to go for a few beers. If they ever have a Chiefs game in Toronto you are all welcome to stay here!! I got lots of beer!!

I think the Europe team would be hell, there's like a 9 hour time difference compared to the West coast and just logistics alone would make it near impossible to fly to and from games and have enough time to practice etc. Is the NFL that desperate for money that they would go that far? I don't see the NFL having a team in Europe that would be intergrated into one of the divisions here.

I think the NFL's position on this would be that you could never be too desperate for money.

Sweets Guest

Well talking about taking the NFL to Europe is too desperate for money.

Well talking about taking the NFL to Europe is too desperate for money.

They're business men; if they see a plausible market then they are going to look into it. What do you think they have been doing with the NFLE all this time, besides developing talent?

Sweets Guest

Chiefster, last time I cked the NFLE went belly up and they didn't have teams that traveled to the US and vice versus for games. And aside from a very small handful of players they didn't develop crap.

Chiefster, last time I cked the NFLE went belly up and they didn't have teams that traveled to the US and vice versus for games. And aside from a very small handful of players they didn't develop crap.

Yes they did go belly up, but you have to believe that market research was also going on there. I'm not saying that I agree with the move to Europe; I too hope the keep it here in the States. All I'm saying is that they're businessmen doing what businessmen do.

Sweets Guest

I know, we're just yapping here, but logistically wise Europe would be a stupid idea and a money losing one as well, as I said when you have a 9 hour time difference it just makes no sense IMO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast