Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Players Union decertifies

Default Players Union decertifies

Per Chris Mortensen, ESPN NFL insider.

Players union has filed decertification papers in Minneapolis court.

Peaceful renegotiation of new CBA is now a thing of the past. The courts will decide, and there may be no football this year.

Guess I should take up gardening.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

If the season is lost then so am I as a fan, I am sorry to many broke people in the world to be a fan of a sport where we have crybabys balling of a BILLION dollars, somebody got 15 cent I can borrow? I am not going to post again until what would have been the 1st game of the year in sept. If we are not playing then this will be my last post and it has been fun being all of your friends. 28 years of being a chiefs fan may go down the drain because of a bunch of B*tch@s, I would like to hear what the coachs think about this matter since they are in the middle of this mess wanting to get there teams ready.

Well if they mess around and screw up the season I am with you I still do not watch MLB because of their last strike. I still consider the Royals my team but I might look at the standings a couple of weeks is how I follow MLB. That is how I will change to follow the NFL if they screw this up, my football will be Friday night and Saturday. The damn crybabies are going to screw a good thing. From what I just read the only thing the owners did not give in on was opening the books for the last 10 years. Read this Players' union decertifies as talks break down - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

From what I have heard today on ESPN the owners offered to meet the players halfway on the issues. The players turned that down. Wanting to see the owners books for the past 10 years. I think I saw the owners offered the books for the past 5 (not sure on that) I have said all along I think the players are being greedy just like the owners I think that this is some proof of that.

I am not an expert and don't no much about the issues at all but I am not sure how they will do in the anti trust suite against the owners. Seeing that the NFL now is not the only place you can go to play football. There is a UFL now. The players won't want to go to the UFL to play because they won't make nearly as much but it is there.

I think that the greed on both sides is going to what ends up getting a deal done. Neither side is going to want to miss one game check. I think come July august both sides are going to be willing to give in more then they are now.

Why do players think they deserve to make half of the profits? Are they going to cough up their half of the losess if the franchise loses money in any given year? The player salaries are in large part why I pay $125 for a ticket. It's ridiculous that a bunch of greedy players that are already overpaid can ruin the game of football.

Screw the union and the current players. I would be happy to see the owners move on without the current players. Let's draft this year and start anew. The current players can come back if and when they want to collect a their measily million dollar paychecks.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Why do players think they deserve to make half of the profits? Are they going to cough up their half of the losess if the franchise loses money in any given year? The player salaries are in large part why I pay $125 for a ticket. It's ridiculous that a bunch of greedy players that are already overpaid can ruin the game of football.

Screw the union and the current players. I would be happy to see the owners move on without the current players. Let's draft this year and start anew. The current players can come back if and when they want to collect a their measily million dollar paychecks.

While I do think that the players should get more of the profits because they are the ones that supply the product I don't no if they should get 20% more then the owners maybe 10-15% more.

I do think it says a lot that the owners have been the ones that have made some movement from there first demands and the players have stuck with theres according to reports. I have said all along that there is greed from there side they have proved me right.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

I've gotta disagree with you here...Ticket prices are determined solely by demand, not by player salaries.

There are a ton of reasons why the players deserve 50% of the profits. These guys are the best football players in the world. We watch every Sunday because of them. Why do the owners deserve another $1 billion off the top? To pay for their new yacht? It's not to pay for new stadiums, they get taxpayers to do that.

I'm with you guys,Ive been a football fan for 35 years.I don't know what i'm gonna do without it.I will watch high school and college ball I guess.I'm not watching nfl football, if the deal doesnt get done.Even if I miss one preseason game.I will be done.It is a bunch of crap.The players make tons of money and half the time they don't even give full effort.play when they want to play.They want wewarded for that.If anything ,every player should get paid the same and have a huge purse at the end of the year.For those who make it to the playoffs and the super bowl.It really hurts to know im not gonna watch my Chiefs any more.I promise you I will not watch it if they don't get a deal done before the season starts.To think ,I got a big Chiefs tattoo on my arm two years ago.I know they put there bodys on the line but they already get payed well to do it.If I was good enough you almost wouldnt even have to pay me.Thats how much I love football.I played High school football and play pick up games at my old high school for years until I got to old to play.It's a shame everyone has to be so greedy.You have to pay 26.00 dollars just to park your car at the game.Give me a break.Most average familys can't even afford to go to the game it cost so much.As usual we try and scrape up the money to go because we love are respective teams.I hope and pray I get to hear those famouse words ,Touchdown Kansas city.
    If not I guess I will servive.Love ya Chiefs fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I've gotta disagree with you here...Ticket prices are determined solely by demand, not by player salaries.

There are a ton of reasons why the players deserve 50% of the profits. These guys are the best football players in the world. We watch every Sunday because of them. Why do the owners deserve another $1 billion off the top? To pay for their new yacht? It's not to pay for new stadiums, they get taxpayers to do that.
    How much money went into the New Arrowhead? How much of the Hunt family money contribute to the New Arrowhead? Who are the owners of Arrowhead?
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 03-12-2011 at 02:04 AM.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast