Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JEEZ! We are being decimated in free agency!

Default JEEZ! We are being decimated in free agency!

Can somebody please find a positive spin to put on this? I'm not too happy right now. :(

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Not like its a team game or anything, Defense wasn't doing anything that game to even make it a game as well. Defense was their weakness. Manning only has 3 years (tops) left. They are in a win now mentality, which isn't bad because they know they can get to the super bowl. Their biggest threat in the AFC is New England. Right now, Denver is taking the west, but that can change come december.
    Try again. The Donkeys Defense very much kept them in it until it got out of hand in the middle of the 2nd QTR with the Donkeys Offense turning it over twice.
    Last edited by chief31; 03-13-2014 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Try again. The Donkeys Defense very much kept them in it until it got out of hand in the middle of the 2nd QTR with the Donkeys Offense turning it over twice.
    Sorry, defense was their weakness all year. That's why they are signing defensive players

Myself, I am not too discouraged. I hate seeing McCluster go. But I can't dream of second-guessing this staff right now.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    No name calling please. The only guys I hated to lose were Schwartz(a good depth lineman), and McCluster(a kr). The sky is hardly falling. McCluster never panned out as a receiver in this team. God knows he had PLENTY of chances. We can find a guard on this roster, in free agency, or in the draft. We already have a good kr guy in Knile Davis. I would have been more upset if we overpaid to keep guys that were not all that important to this team. We need money to get Alex Smith signed to a long term deal this offseason. I wish we didn't have Dwayne Bowe's contract strangling this team, god knows he didn't earn it last season.

Our team will be fine. We need help defending the pass more than anywhere. My ideal draft would be Safety, Cb, WR, OL, WR, OL or something similar.

The way I look at who we lost no one we lost can't be replaced. The "best player" we lost Albert wasn't even on the field a good part of the year due to injury. We can replace the guys we lost. It's just up to Dorsey and Reid to get the job done. Until they prove otherwise I will believe they know what they are doing
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Emmanuel Sanders and Brandon Pettigrew would be pretty nice additions to the offense. Did anyone else see the Tony Gonzalez rumors floating around Facebook today? I saw something about he and the Chiefs agreeing to a 2 year deal and then it vanished. He was released by the Falcons on day one of free agency and according to the league, he hasn't turned in his retirement papers yet. Anyone else have anything on this?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Did anyone else see the Tony Gonzalez rumors floating around Facebook today? I saw something about he and the Chiefs agreeing to a 2 year deal and then it vanished. He was released by the Falcons on day one of free agency and according to the league, he hasn't turned in his retirement papers yet. Anyone else have anything on this?
    I didn't see the rumors, but I'd be really shocked if there was any truth to them. He would want more money than we could afford to pay him.

Justin has the appropriate view. To sign the 5, it would have cost north of 116 Million Dollars. In 2012, how did you feel about how well Albert played? How about Asamoah? The Chiefs offense is headed in a different direction and those players(Asamoah, Schwartz and Albert) were not part of that direction and way too much money spent to hold them when they need quick feet, versatility and adaptability, new blocking techniques, that the agile player fits(Fisher, Kush, even Hudson and Stephenson. They brought in depth with the signing of the Colt's lineman; But even considering what Dexter brought due to special teams play, he is easily replaceable as a slot receiver -- they have done probably bringing in Dressler. They have McKnight and Davis also for S/T returns. Demps is out there and likely won't be back. This should tell you that the play that is anticipated is fit with other types of linemen, and that shift was anticipated in 2013's draft; As far a defense? They bring Mays to give Nico Johnson someone he has to beat. That is goodness. They are still looking for a DE that can pass rush, but they have Catapano who is very agile and has many moves with an offseason program that I am sure was stringent. Jaye Howard is around, Allen Bailey, I don't see that T-Jax was anything but an under performer that did not get to the QB enough to make keeping him and the money worthwhile. They need a WR and someone to compete with Commings for F/S but I think he is going to be fine. That said: It was hard to watch 4 starters walk -- yes, 4, not 5. Dex was not a starter but he brought excitement to the team but he was not worth 13 million to keep him. The Chiefs need to trade down in the draft and get more picks. sign players that fit the scheme on offense and can compete with existing receivers, build a team from within for distance. Buying Free Agents never arrived at the Super Bowl. Finding players that fit? Yes but even George Allen's teams were not the ones to get over the top. They became competitive and built from there. This works. It worked in Green Bay and elsewhere. I trust Dorsey and Reid. I will ride it out with them, but this idea that they are suddenly a 500 team? Nonsense to me. They will be 10-6 or 11-5 and with the offense that is in the plan, at times, I believe, the Chiefs will be equally dynamic as the last 8 games played in 2013. - David Bell - Avery, ID.

Emmanuel Sanders and Brandon Pettigrew would be pretty nice additions to the offense. Did anyone else see the Tony Gonzalez rumors floating around Facebook today? I saw something about he and the Chiefs agreeing to a 2 year deal and then it vanished. He was released by the Falcons on day one of free agency and according to the league, he hasn't turned in his retirement papers yet. Anyone else have anything on this?
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-visit-chiefs/

I've seen somewhere that he has accepted a sportscaster position with espn I think

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast