Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Shelf RB Priest Holmes For The Year

Sweets Guest

Default Chiefs Shelf RB Priest Holmes For The Year

The Chiefs placed Priest Holmes on the Non-Football Injury list today, ending his season. The whole Holmes saga was bizarre and this could be an appropriate, if sad, ending to his career. We believe Holmes won't get paid now, and he's not eligible to play elsewhere.

Source: Rotoworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    How was he suppose to ACT????

My opinion is that all who were involved knew he wasn't going to play. His doc's cleared him and then it was a big mystery as to why he still wasn't given the oppurtunity. Two possibilities here: either Carl paid him to come out and make a situation out of this or he thought he owed it to Carl to put some pressure on LJ because he had been paid for the last 2 years to do nothing!

Now, if Priest ends up playing somewhere else, then I might reconsider my thoughts but I don't believe anyone is going to take a chance on an older RB that has been out of the league for 2 seasons with a possible career ending injury and one that could paralyze him if he gets hit just right.( more so than any other player)

They succeeded in the fact that LJ was in camp before the season and now Priest will have all the time he wants to spend with his family. I just think it was a chicken **** way to get a guy into camp. That's why I am leaning towards Priest feeling a little guilty for being paid for the last two years. Carl, well, he is just a scumbag that has worn out his welcome.
    No argument there. I won't propose to know what is in the mind of Priest though.

Maybe Carl gets paid by HBO for more drama and excitement he can bring to Hard Knocks.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    How was he suppose to ACT????

My opinion is that all who were involved knew he wasn't going to play. His doc's cleared him and then it was a big mystery as to why he still wasn't given the oppurtunity. Two possibilities here: either Carl paid him to come out and make a situation out of this or he thought he owed it to Carl to put some pressure on LJ because he had been paid for the last 2 years to do nothing!

Now, if Priest ends up playing somewhere else, then I might reconsider my thoughts but I don't believe anyone is going to take a chance on an older RB that has been out of the league for 2 seasons with a possible career ending injury and one that could paralyze him if he gets hit just right.( more so than any other player)

They succeeded in the fact that LJ was in camp before the season and now Priest will have all the time he wants to spend with his family. I just think it was a chicken **** way to get a guy into camp. That's why I am leaning towards Priest feeling a little guilty for being paid for the last two years. Carl, well, he is just a scumbag that has worn out his welcome.
    You make some great points and you're dead on in my book, CP, what a dick. Messing with peoples lives and paycheck's for what, a little extra cash or just to get LJ into camp, there are civil ways to go about things. What CP did for attendance and the chiefs in general early on can not be ignored and for that I always kinda respected him, but after the way he has handled things these past few seaons........ I wouldn't piss in his mouth if his guts were on fire!!!!!!!!!! Dont mean to rant but poor desicions affect my mood after awhile. Just my opinion anyway.
    The Ozarks is Chiefs Country

Quote Originally Posted by swmochiefsfan View Post
    You make some great points and you're dead on in my book, CP, what a dick. Messing with peoples lives and paycheck's for what, a little extra cash or just to get LJ into camp, there are civil ways to go about things. What CP did for attendance and the chiefs in general early on can not be ignored and for that I always kinda respected him, but after the way he has handled things these past few seaons........ I wouldn't piss in his mouth if his guts were on fire!!!!!!!!!! Dont mean to rant but poor desicions affect my mood after awhile. Just my opinion anyway.

...One that is shared by most I believe.

I was really hoping to see Priest back this year. I have LJ on my fantasy league so I guess I won't have to worry about them sharing the ball and maybe I will kick some tail. Give LJ the ball all the time.
    www.AAASportsMemorabilia.com
    Home of Great Sports Memorabilia

Quote Originally Posted by swmochiefsfan View Post
    Chiefs fans did that...not CP!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Chiefs fans did that...not CP!!
    Maybe so but where were those fans when Arrowhead wasn't selling out. Then again I didn't go to my first game till a couple of years ago and I only live about 130 miles due south,but I wasn't making any money then either, perhaps you're right.

I'm just saying that I will go see the Chiefs, not CP, not matter what!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Well now that I can totally agree with

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    I'm just saying that I will go see the Chiefs, not CP, not matter what!!
    In fact if CP wasn't there I believe would provide increased motivation to attend said games.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast