Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chase Daniel

Default Chase Daniel

@AdamSchefter
    Chiefs reached agreement in principle on three-year deal with former Saints QB Chase Daniel, who played at Missouri.
    Sounds like we've found our back-up QB.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I remember watching a quarter he started in the pre season. He looked good. I know the saints fans I talk to have always liked him and weren't worried to lose Bree's for a bit. They had a lot of confidence in him down there.
    yeah i highly doubt saints fans were not worried about brees being injured. i think alot of fans are thinking this is a better signing than it really is. because of chase daniels college career. it is a decent signing that we definantly paid for . that being said i hope daniels has a great career as a BACKUP QB for the chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    i just dont see how this signing can be considered great like alot of people are calling it. i know daniels tore it up for mizzou in college but so did tim tebow and charlie ward . in my opinion we just overpaid for a back up qb.
    A good backup qb could very well be the 2nd most important position on the team. Not having a decent backup when our starter went down last year cost this team dearly. Dorsey did the right thing here. I don't see any qb that was on our roster last season playing a single down for anybody this season...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    A good backup qb could very well be the 2nd most important position on the team. Not having a decent backup when our starter went down last year cost this team dearly. Dorsey did the right thing here. I don't see any qb that was on our roster last season playing a single down for anybody this season...
    not having an actual starting qb last year cost this team dearly

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    yeah i highly doubt saints fans were not worried about brees being injured. i think alot of fans are thinking this is a better signing than it really is. because of chase daniels college career. it is a decent signing that we definantly paid for . that being said i hope daniels has a great career as a BACKUP QB for the chiefs

They really liked chase Daniels down there. Watch his preseason tape last season. I speculate that's why he was coveted this year. We weren't the only team interested from my understanding.

I am happy to see Chase here, but in no way no I expect him to be TQBOTF. He is more likely to become our starting RB. Well maybe not, but he can pick up yards with his legs.

I like my buddy "@FantasyDouche" on Twitter's theory:

I think the Chiefs may have arbitraged our asses with the Chase Daniel signing.
    They basically signed a guy who probably has as much EV as the top QB in the draft, and didn't give up any draft picks to do it.
    The Chiefs got a guy who has a pretty similar resume to Geno, has NFL experience, they didn't give anything up

Here's an explanation that I'm not saying is necessarily true, but fits all the facts.

The Chiefs liked Chase Daniel and felt like there was a chance that he might be their guy. But they're not 100% confident.

So they pick up Alex Smith as a hedge and give up a 2nd. and some other stuff that's conditional. But, if Daniel outplays Smith...

Then the conditional picks go away, and the Chiefs still got a starting QB for only a 2nd round pick and salaries.

And then even Alex Smith's salary is probably something that they could get away from after this year.

Like I said, can't say that's what happened, but it does fit all of the facts.

Also, Chase is almost as big as Geno, and they have similar college resumes (Geno threw less INTs though to be fair).
    He also wrote an article about Chase Daniel's NFL comparables you can read here. In summary, he compares to:

Ben Roethlisberger
    Andrew Luck
    Kyle Orton
    Philip Rivers
    Matt Leinart
    Kevin Kolb
    Geno Smith

I agree. I think the Chiefs are willing to allow Daniel to win the job during the spring. Daniel wasn't going to supplant Drew Brees, but he doesn't have any kind of hard ceiling to break through in KC. I think he'll have every opportunity to pull a Russell Wilson this spring.

It's good motivation for Alex Smith anyway if we have a strong backup then he will fight that much harder for this position cause he won't want to lose another starting gig being that it may be his last opportunity

Maybe this is an investment for next year. Reid has the knack for turning QB's into decent picks. Interesting post from AP

ww.arrowheadpride.com/2013/3/13/4099922/why-pick-up-chase-daniel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123