Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Larry Johnson lashes out at Chiefs

Default Larry Johnson lashes out at Chiefs

Early in the third quarter Week 2 against the Raiders, Larry Johnson rumbled up the middle for a 2-yard gain, his 12th carry against the Oakland Raiders. It turned out to be Johnson's last -- and he didn't like it. Unhappy with his role in a dismal offense, Johnson lashed out at Kansas City's coaching staff and front office Sunday, saying he didn't see himself being a part of the team in the future. "Something's going on -- I just don't know what it is," Johnson said after a 23-8 loss to Oakland in the Chiefs' home opener. "I'm going to sit down and talk with someone." Johnson had a relatively successful start to this season, running for a team-high 74 yards on 22 carries in a hard-fought 17-10 road loss to the defending AFC champion New England Patriots. He didn't have nearly the same impact against the Raiders, finishing with 22 yards for a 1.8 per-carry average, and complained about it afterward. "I've been here long enough to know that if I'm not getting the ball, then I'm tired," he said. "If I'm not tired and I'm not getting the ball, something's going on and I've got to deal with it."

Great....Trade him for Quinn...I am happy relying on J.Charles...

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    Great....Trade him for Quinn...I am happy relying on J.Charles...
    Agree. But nobody in their right mind is gonna eat this contract!
    SHUT IT

As much as I hate it, he's here to stay. Some of the problems are his own doing and some are the coaches. But, I think we're starting to see the team disintegrate already.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Agree. But nobody in their right mind is gonna eat this contract!
    If it meant bringing back a starting QB, I'd eat the contract if i were the Chiefs. The trade would go something like LJ and cash for Quinn and a draft pick.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    As much as I hate it, he's here to stay. Some of the problems are his own doing and some are the coaches. But, I think we're starting to see the team disintegrate already.
    And that hurts worse then losing to the Raiders.

Although to recap my day, woke up to a pouring down rain. 7 inches of rain in 3 hours to be exact. My sump pumps couldnt keep up. Basement flooded soaking and probably ruining 4000 dollars worth of carpet. Worked almost 5 hours trying to keep up with the basement. Got it dried out (just the sump pit not the carpet) and watched the Chiefs get routed by the Raiders. But found a bar in Illinois that I can watch the Chiefs weekly. All in all I would say today was a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    If it meant bringing back a starting QB, I'd eat the contract if i were the Chiefs. The trade would go something like LJ and cash for Quinn and a draft pick.
    I'd do it....

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    What has Quinn done?
    SHUT IT

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i heard Huard had a mild head trauma. i think it was more like he didnt want to go back in to joke of a offense.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    What has Quinn done?
    He has not won a starting role from Derek Anderson (I admit had to look that up) although he hasnt lost the backup job to Ken Dorsey I guess that is something.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast