Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haley Again?

Default Haley Again?

League sources told the Daily News that GM Scott Pioli has targeted Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley to replace Herman Edwards, but doesn't want to kick him out the door until Haley officially accepts the job, which can't be offered until after the Super Bowl. -- Philadelphia Daily News

This is called media communication from Pioli to Haley. It is one sure way to show interest without direct contact.

Haley will comment somehow, through the media, in order to confirm his interest as well. It may be as little as "wait until the Super Bowl is over" but I promise Haley will NOT say, I am staying in AZ.

Lean back, sip a cold brewsky, have some ribs and enjoy.

Haley will be the man!

I would rather us hire

Dick LeBeau
    DC for the Steelers.

Then next year have him step down to DC and we hire Cowher as HC to rejoin Lebeau.

Dick LeBeau is 71 years old and has said he likes being a DC and really did not like it when he was HC of Cinnzy, BUT Dick and Cowher are VERY VERY close and I think Dick would take the job with PLANS to step down to DC next year to have teh chance to coach with Cowher again before he retires.

Pioli says: "Come on Dick, just give us one year as HC then you we can have Bill take over"

Dick says: "Hmmmm, Cowher and I coaching again with each other????"

Pioli says: "You know you want too"

Dick says: "WOOT /clicks heels, Lets do it. Super Bowl in 2010 here we come"

This would give Dick a year to fix the D side so when Cowher comes in teh following year he drafts our QOTF and we WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNN

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    League sources told the Daily News that GM Scott Pioli has targeted Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley to replace Herman Edwards, but doesn't want to kick him out the door until Haley officially accepts the job, which can't be offered until after the Super Bowl. -- Philadelphia Daily News
    I went to the site and could not find that story...Can you supply the link?

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    I would rather us hire

Dick LeBeau DC for the Steelers.

Then next year have him step down to DC and we hire Cowher as HC to rejoin Lebeau.

Dick LeBeau is 71 years old and has said he likes being a DC and really did not like it when he was HC of Cinnzy, BUT Dick and Cowher are VERY VERY close and I think Dick would take the job with PLANS to step down to DC next year to have teh chance to coach with Cowher again before he retires.

Pioli says: "Come on Dick, just give us one year as HC then you we can have Bill take over"

Dick says: "Hmmmm, Cowher and I coaching again with each other????"

Pioli says: "You know you want too"

Dick says: "WOOT /clicks heels, Lets do it. Super Bowl in 2010 here we come"

This would give Dick a year to fix the D side so when Cowher comes in teh following year he drafts our QOTF and we WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNN
    Dick LeBeau isn't going anywhere. He's very, very happy in Pittsburgh playing chess with all the defensive talent they've accrued.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    I went to the site and could not find that story...Can you supply the link?
    Paul Domowitch: Westbrook needs a running mate with Eagles | Philadelphia Daily News | 01/23/2009

It's pretty clear to me that Haley has given Pioli indicatino that he wants to be the next head coach. Pioli wouldn't wait this long just for a chance to talk to him while all the other candidates are being snatched up. I would be shocked if neither Haley or Herm are the head coach of the Chiefs next season.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    It's pretty clear to me that Haley has given Pioli indicatino that he wants to be the next head coach. Pioli wouldn't wait this long just for a chance to talk to him while all the other candidates are being snatched up. I would be shocked if neither Haley or Herm are the head coach of the Chiefs next season.
    I just don't understand though. Why would Pioli not fire Herm, fulfill the Rooney Rule requirements, and then introduce Haley on February 2? What does he gain by keeping Herm on right now?

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I just don't understand though. Why would Pioli not fire Herm, fulfill the Rooney Rule requirements, and then introduce Haley on February 2? What does he gain by keeping Herm on right now?
    Insurance policy. If Haley were to back out between now and then, and he already fired Herm... then what? You always need a backup plan.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Insurance policy. If Haley were to back out between now and then, and he already fired Herm... then what? You always need a backup plan.
    For F's sake, promote the ballboy (or Chan Gailey) to head coach if Haley backs out. Hell, make Tony G. player coach. Anything but Herm next season.

Every day we keep Herm around is another day the fanbase is left in fear that he'll be PLAYING TO WIN THE GAME next season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast