Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clark's statement this morning

Default Clark's statement this morning

Here is the Chiefs statement from Clark Hunt, who says he was "embarrassed" by the Chiefs play this season:
    "I have a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for Romeo, both personally and professionally," Chiefs Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt said. "He is an accomplished coach, a man of great character and he helped guide our football team through some extremely challenging circumstances this season.

"However, I am embarrassed by the poor product we gave our fans this season, and I believe we have no choice but to move the franchise in a different direction. I will immediately begin the search for the next head coach of the Chiefs. The entire football operation will remain under review, and there may be additional changes to come. No final determination has been made at this point on the future of General Manager Scott Pioli.

"Finally, I want to personally apologize to our fans for our performance this season. We are blessed to play for some of the best and most passionate fans in the National Football League and they deserve better than what we gave them this season. I want our fans to know that I will do everything I can to provide them with a dramatically better team - both next season and in the seasons to come - and our entire organization appreciates their support."

one on one interview with Hunt and Holthus

link
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I don't know if he's a jerk or not I've never met the man so not everyone goes off the opinons of the media who have a clear ax to grind with him as he was not as media friendly as CP was for years. They have a reason to think he's a jerek he made there job harder so I can't trust there opinion 100%

The stories about him tapping the phone line and the candy wrapper make me believe that he is. Kent Babb confirmed that he has humiliated employees that worked for the Chiefs. I dont know him either, but from what I hear Pioli just isn't a good guy.

I read he runs a tight ship

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

So I'm listening to local Tampa radio today and the guys are basically laughing at us because we have kept Puoli (up to this point). Then I think I heard them say if we let Pioli go Cleveland is/was ginna jump on him, and Clark is afraid he will go elsewhere and build another franchise like he did in NE. IMO he is just like everyone else who comes out of NE, a product of Bellichek. I also heard rumors of Rei to San Diego. I hope Clark knows what he's doing in the coaching search. This team cannot afford to bring in the wrong guy again!!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    So I'm listening to local Tampa radio today and the guys are basically laughing at us because we have kept Puoli (up to this point). Then I think I heard them say if we let Pioli go Cleveland is/was ginna jump on him, and Clark is afraid he will go elsewhere and build another franchise like he did in NE. IMO he is just like everyone else who comes out of NE, a product of Bellichek. I also heard rumors of Rei to San Diego. I hope Clark knows what he's doing in the coaching search. This team cannot afford to bring in the wrong guy again!!
    with Turner gone Gruden is going to san diego. where ever Pioli goes his 2-14 resume will follow

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    one on one interview with Hunt and Holthus

link
    Confirms one rumor...The next HC has to report to Clark, not Pioli.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Confirms one rumor...The next HC has to report to Clark, not Pioli.
    and that's an ego buster for Pioli

with Turner gone Gruden is going to san diego. where ever Pioli goes his 2-14 resume will follow
    I've heard Gruden to Philly. All speculation of course but I heard a couple times already that Reid going to San Diego. All I know is if either of Reid/Gruden go to San Diego we better be ready to elevate out game cuz then well have them twice a year and Manning twice a year.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    I've heard Gruden to Philly. All speculation of course but I heard a couple times already that Reid going to San Diego. All I know is if either of Reid/Gruden go to San Diego we better be ready to elevate out game cuz then well have them twice a year and Manning twice a year.
    well I meant to say Gruden is eyeing a job with the bolts. it was posted on one of the sports media's this morning. but I agree. facing these 2 twice a year makes this a much tuffer division

well I meant to say Gruden is eyeing a job with the bolts. it was posted on one of the sports media's this morning. but I agree. facing these 2 twice a year makes this a much tuffer division

I thought i heard San Diego wasnt interested in Reid.

With all the coaches out round the league its gonna be a fun 2-3 weeks trying to keep up. Right now its all speculation and nobody knows much.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast