Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thigpen Has Been Playing With Two Broken Ribs!

Default Thigpen Has Been Playing With Two Broken Ribs!

Agent: Kansas City Chiefs QB Tyler Thigpen Playing with Two Broken*Ribs - Arrowhead Pride

Agent: Kansas City Chiefs QB Tyler Thigpen Playing with Two Broken Ribs

If the internet breaks today, it's because every one was on Arrowhead Pride.
    In the busiest day of Kansas City Chiefs news that I can remember, an ESPN report from Bill Williamson updates us on Chiefs' quarterback injuries.

Except this time, it's Tyler Thigpen, not Matt Cassel, who has been injured. Thigpen apparently broke two ribs in the Chiefs first preseason game against the Houston Texans:
    Joel Turner, the agent for Kansas City quarterback Tyler Thigpen, said his client is playing with two broken ribs, which Turner says Thigpen suffered in the first preseason game. Thigpen did not play in the second preseason game, but he did play in the third one, spelling Cassel after he was hurt on the third play of the game against Seattle.
    "Tyler is a tough guy," Turner said. "He's fighting through this injury like nothing happened. People just don't know how tough Tyler is."
    Well I have to say I guess I didn't know how tough Tyler Thigpen was. This explains his absence in the Chiefs second preseason game.
    The rumors of Thigpen's broken ribs were afoot on Arrowhead Pride early this morning. I didn't hear it but apparently a commenter mentioned that Thigpen's agent Joel Turner mentioned something about the broken ribs this morning on 610 Sports Nick Wright's show.
    Two broken ribs and you're a quarterback? This changes how I feel about Tyler Thigpen's performance on Saturday. Broken ribs definitely affect how a QB plays and it appears now, with this knowledge, that Thigpen was hurting on Saturday.
    What. A. Day.
    So, AP readers. Do these broken ribs change how you feel about Tyler Thigpen? Are we a bit more patient with him now?
    I know I am. I secretly have to admit that I felt guilty advocating Brodie Croyle over Thigpen to start in place of Matt Cassel (And I hope long time AP commenter and Thigpen fanboy MAWK, now Ridiculous Matt, will forgive me).

Wow, this guy gets more likeable every chance he gets. Anyway, It looks like Brodie is starting week 1, if Cassel is not available. Thanks alot O-line! we are down to the most fragile QB in the league now beacuse you idiots can't keep anybody upright.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

I never questioned his toughness, it's his accuracy in the pocket and arm strength.
    Right now according to the KC Star website Thigpen is running with the first team while Cassel is out. What happened to all these reports of how Brodie was the best QB all through training camp?
    How funny is it that a guy who is probably making about the minimum pay for a QB is able to play through broken ribs while a guy who just signed a 60+ million contract can't even go to practice with what has been reported as being a knee sprain?

Quote Originally Posted by rcgamer View Post
    I never questioned his toughness, it's his accuracy in the pocket and arm strength.
    Right now according to the KC Star website Thigpen is running with the first team while Cassel is out. What happened to all these reports of how Brodie was the best QB all through training camp?
    How funny is it that a guy who is probably making about the minimum pay for a QB is able to play through broken ribs while a guy who just signed a 60+ million contract can't even go to practice with what has been reported as being a knee sprain?
    First off, I doubt it is Cassels decision to sit. Would you play your 60 million dollar QB when he is not 100% in a preseason game?

Second Thigpen is still playing for a job. Reverse the roles and Thig is sitting on the bench while Cassel plays with an injury.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    First off, I doubt it is Cassels decision to sit. Would you play your 60 million dollar QB when he is not 100% in a preseason game?

Second Thigpen is still playing for a job. Reverse the roles and Thig is sitting on the bench while Cassel plays with an injury.

I wonder how many times Brett Favre has played through a sprain or some other injury. I guess Green Bay didn't care about it's high priced QB though. Or maybe it had more to do with Brett being tough.

Quote Originally Posted by rcgamer View Post
    I wonder how many times Brett Favre has played through a sprain or some other injury. I guess Green Bay didn't care about it's high priced QB though. Or maybe it had more to do with Brett being tough.
    In preseason? Im pretty sure he "retired" through a lot of them and sat when he was injured. You know the season does not start for another 2 weeks right?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

In preseason? Im pretty sure he "retired" through a lot of them and sat when he was injured. You know the season does not start for another 2 weeks right?
    2 weeks brutha!!!
    SHUT IT

Oh so you are saying Cassel would be playing if it were the regular season? Guess we'll have to wait and see on that. Except there is already talk that he could miss the first game of the season.
    And yeah right, Favre retired through all his injuries. Couldn't be that he is just tough and plays through them.

You don't need to be so defensive. I want Cassel to be "the guy". I just find it a little amusing that one guy leaves a game with a sprain and the guy they bring in has two broken ribs to replace him.

And my point was the the guy with two broken ribs is trying to earn a job while the guy with the sprain is trying to be healthy for the first game of the season. Seems pretty obvious to me why Thig is in there.

i was under the impression that the reason Thigpen played so much vs. seattle was because they were trying to showcase him and raise his trade value...and also get a good look at Gutierrez (sp?)...Croyle showed in the second preseason game that he is capable of playing QB if healthy....Thigpen's turn was the third game, and it just turned out that he got more work than he thought he was when Cassel went down...

Maybe his agent is just making this up as an excuse for Thigpen's poor play against Seattle (and yes, he did play poorly...) and hoping he can go somewhere else to compete for a starting job...

Either way, i like Thigpen but not as a starter...If he is a Chief i will be pleased, and if not well i will root for him wherever he goes (except if its Denver..)

If it is a false claim then it would be easy enough to prove.

geez guys as much as I hate to say this lay off cassel!!!
    He is "the QB of the future for us" this is pre-season and they don't want him risking any further injury. I'm sure Thiggy played to try to gain some trading stock in himself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast