Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A WR prospect to keep an eye on....

Default A WR prospect to keep an eye on....

We all know that the Chiefs need help at WR2. There is always free agency... but it hasn't helped out the Chiefs at that position since Pioli and Haley have arrived, and with the uncertainty of when free agency may begin I think the Chiefs will look to add one in the draft and look to develop him..which they like to do.

If you haven't heard of this guy yet, his name is Leonard Hankerson (6'2" 210lbs). He was highly recruited out of HS and attended the University of Miami being compared as the next Andre Johnson. He had trouble with Drops his first two seasons but put in some extra time with a trainer the off season before his Junior year and broke out with 800 rec yds, then following up this season with 72 receptions, 1,156 yds, and 13 TD's which broke a school record previously help by Micheal Irvin.

Looks like a guy Pioli might go for due to the playing experience. Got playing time all four years of school, listed as a starter his Junior and Sr. year. He was also a standout at the Sr. Bowl, which Pioli seems to read into.

We can all agree there wont be a WR prospect worthy/available of a pick at 21, so I think we look to take this guy with our 2nd round pick. Here are some highlights... let me know what you guys think...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOBsUJk-jLA"]YouTube - Leonard Hankerson (WR, The U)[/ame]

IMO wed have to trade up in the 2nd to get him...he wont make it to 55

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post
    IMO wed have to trade up in the 2nd to get him...he wont make it to 55
    Possibly...I wouldn't mind seeing us trade back with say New England to either picks 28 or 33, and possibly picking up another 2nd round pick.

I really want to see this guy in red and gold next year so I hope he falls or we can move in a position to land him.

I would rather have this guys than someone like say Randall Cobb or Titus Young, because we already have a "Small, Quick, Dynamic" receiver like them in McCluster and I don't think it would help to bring in another one similar to him. Need a guy to help open up the field to create space for McCluster.

Every time I play Madden I think the same. I can't make plays with WR's #2, #4, #5. We have a #1 and #2 WR that should play for many seasons, but nothing else.

GET A #2 WR!!!! (please)
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

I've had my eye on this guy since the college season. Quarterback would throw him the ball all day and let him make big plays. Targeted over and over again in one game. I couldn't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Possibly...I wouldn't mind seeing us trade back with say New England to either picks 28 or 33, and possibly picking up another 2nd round pick.

I really want to see this guy in red and gold next year so I hope he falls or we can move in a position to land him.

I would rather have this guys than someone like say Randall Cobb or Titus Young, because we already have a "Small, Quick, Dynamic" receiver like them in McCluster and I don't think it would help to bring in another one similar to him. Need a guy to help open up the field to create space for McCluster.
    i find it hard to see NE trading up for anyone considering they also pick at 17 (or 18?) its not their style

but if we did manage to trade back to the late 1st or early 2nd and acquire more picks, i would be happy drafting hankerson or torrey smith out of maryland

i find it hard to see NE trading up for anyone considering they also pick at 17 (or 18?) its not their style

but if we did manage to trade back to the late 1st or early 2nd and acquire more picks, i would be happy drafting hankerson or torrey smith out of maryland
    I can see what you are saying... But I did hear on ESPN the other day that some feel this may be the year they do trade up.

Analysts were discussing that they are set with picks, they have 2 picks each in rounds 1, 2, and 3. Some were saying that if you look at the Patrioits, even thought they are a really good team...They lack that "Dominant Play-maker" (Aside from Brady) on Either side of the ball. They were talking that this may be the year (With the position they are in and the fact that a rookie wage scale might get put into place this year) that they may use those picks to go get a play-maker on both sides of the ball and set themselves up for a few more championships before Brady is done.

I know it's unlikely but we can dream right...and you never know with Belichik.

my guess is that they will go OT and OLB with those first 2 picks...so if they take an OLB with 17, they could want to move ahead of indy to get a tackle they want because indy has a need for an OT

thats the only scenario i can think of

but yes they are loaded with draft picks and have the firepower to move up if they want

my guess is that they will go OT and OLB with those first 2 picks...so if they take an OLB with 17, they could want to move ahead of indy to get a tackle they want because indy has a need for an OT

thats the only scenario i can think of

but yes they are loaded with draft picks and have the firepower to move up if they want
    That's actually a quite realistic scenario...

Every Mock I have seen has Indy taking someone like Nate Solder, Camiri or Sherrodd. If the pats really like one, we are setting right in front of Indy and they could come up and steal the guy they like.

Teicher projects us to target Hankerson in the 2nd round as well. Story

I really do hope we can land this guy. I know some people are saying to go get someone like Randall Cobb from Kentucky or Titus Young from Boise. But since we already have a small framed slot WR in McCluster, I'm not sure it would be that much more effective with a similar style WR. Need a bigger body, that can take the top off the D, and command attention from DB's.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast