Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: why is this shocking?

Default why is this shocking?

Even during the spring, before and after the draft, after Free Agency and now 3/4 thru the pre-season, we KNEW...for a fact, that this was going to be a rebuilding year. We knew we would have an un-proven starter at QB, a sub-hall of fame line, and a young defense.

Just because the Chiefs are making a show of it on Hard Knocks, doesn't mean they're playoff bound. Don't get caught up in the B.S. that Carl is spittin out on HBO. You're seeing Carl squirm on HBO because he's on the hot seat...make no mistake. Mr. Hunt doesn't have the same misguided loyalty his father had. Mr. Hunt's ready to win. If you had any doubtls about Carl's priority, just look how he treats his star players. It's all about money.

Just take a breath guys. It's going to be a tough season as far as wins are concerned...especially when you look at the schedule(brutal). Have fun watching this year and take any win as step back in the draft.

I've loved the Chiefs since i was 5. I'm as big a fan as anyone on here. But come on guys...next year is a year we can get excited about!!

I'm thinkin Asante Samuel as our top FA signing. He signed a one year tender today and hopefully he got a promise from N.E. not to franchise him like Briggs got.

If Brodie is the future, then hand him the ball and give him a season to mature and gain experience. Ultimately, it's Herms decision. Carl's goal is to win as many games as he can THIS YEAR and put butts in the seats. If he can win and make the playoffs, he probably won't lose his job. He knows this.

Herm and Hunt's goal is to win a championship and they need to distance themselves from Carl A.S.A.P. Play Croyle and establish him as the future of Chiefs football. Yes, you'll be looking at a bunch of INT's but Vince Young had 17 last season and everyone thinks he'll be great in his second year as a starter. Plus, if you don't win, you've got another excuse to get rid of Carl Peterson.

Just look at Carl on Hard Knocks...He's had that talk with ownership...he's feelin the pressure. That's why LJ finally got his 19mil. guaranteed. Just watch him...He's feelin it.

Herm won't lose his job this year at all. He has practically a rookie at QB and is starting him just as he should. Management will give him a pass yet again.

No, we are stuck with Herm for the duration of his contract.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

I don't think Herm is the problem...he has shown he can win in the NFL, but I'm not sure the personnel are right for his philosphy/system (especially on defense!)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

i never said Herm was the problem. I think after this year, Hunt will fire Peterson and keep Herm.

That's what i was sayin. Carl wants to win now and everyone else has a grip on reality and knows Croyle should be the QB or the future with this year as his learning year.

I'm hopin Herm knows he's safe and plays Croyle. Don't let Carl make any decisions on who plays

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Herm won't lose his job this year at all. He has practically a rookie at QB and is starting him just as he should. Management will give him a pass yet again.

No, we are stuck with Herm for the duration of his contract.
    Agreed; but I do like the thought of Carl being on the hot seat.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    i never said Herm was the problem. I think after this year, Hunt will fire Peterson and keep Herm.

That's what i was sayin. Carl wants to win now and everyone else has a grip on reality and knows Croyle should be the QB or the future with this year as his learning year.

I'm hopin Herm knows he's safe and plays Croyle. Don't let Carl make any decisions on who plays
    That is actually on my Christmas list this year. I hope Mr. Hunt (not THE Mr. Hunt) will fill my stocking.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Keep in mind we do have the youngest team in football I beleive.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

I must be in the minority. I think Croyle is going to stink it up and will become a back up in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I must be in the minority. I think Croyle is going to stink it up and will become a back up in a few years.
    I agree with the bolded part. After that it is a total unknown. In the second pre-season game, Croyle's TD drive was a work of art that showed poise. If he played like that on every drive, no doubt he could be a starter anywhere. Only time will tell how his development ends...
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

the trouble with the future is it wont put people in the seats. say we win 4 games this year and total suck it up. that means probable less tickets sold next year. they have to show promise this year or glasses,er hunts pocketbook willbe hit. so win now is almost aalways the way. besides after 19 years of the queen and not much to show for.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast