Thread: Mock Draft Clearinghouse

Default Mock Draft Clearinghouse

I see everyone is posting thier mock drafts. Why don't we put them all in one spot, so that everyone can see everyone's picks?

My only suggestion - let's not mock trades. It makes it less fun and more difficult to compare/contrast.

Round 1/Pick 5: Russell Okung (LT) - Redskins are going Trent Williams probably, making this pick a no-brainer

Round 2/Pick 36: Vladamir Ducasse (RG/RT) - Extremely versatile OL who will man our RT spot for the next decade. Albert gets moved to LG and Waters to C.

Round 2/Pick 50 (Falcons): Morgan Burnett (FS) - Best FS not named Eric Berry.

Round 3/Pick 68: Torrell Troup (NT) - Not the best NT in the draft, but can take time to develop behind Shaun Smith for a year.

Round 4/Pick 102: John Jerry (RG) - Monster RG who will give the team the run-blocking it needs.

Round 5/Pick 136: Jeremy Williams (WR) - Sure-handed and terrific KR/PR. What's not to like?

Round 5/Pick 142 (Miami): Phillip Dillard (ILB) - Mean and a sure tackler.

Round 5/Pick 144 (Carolina): Alex Daniels (OLB/DE) - Best rushing LB left.

Yes, I think we're going heavily OL. Lilja and Weigmann are short-term solutions at best. I'd love to get some help at TE and SS, and some more help at OLB and ILB, but there's only so much you can do in one draft.

Interesting... Though Lilja is 28. Not exactly what I would call short term.

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    Interesting... Though Lilja is 28. Not exactly what I would call short term.
    Lilja is an old 28. He's oft-injured, small, and won't nearly be as effective on grass as he was on turf. His deficiencies were masked by playing with the greatest QB alive. I mean, he's a high-character guy and great backup, but we're kidding ourselves if we think he'll be a long term solution at RG.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    I see everyone is posting thier mock drafts. Why don't we put them all in one spot, so that everyone can see everyone's picks?

My only suggestion - let's not mock trades. It makes it less fun and more difficult to compare/contrast.

Round 1/Pick 5: Russell Okung (LT) - Redskins are going Trent Williams probably, making this pick a no-brainer

Round 2/Pick 36: Vladamir Ducasse (RG/RT) - Extremely versatile OL who will man our RT spot for the next decade. Albert gets moved to LG and Waters to C.

Round 2/Pick 50 (Falcons): Morgan Burnett (FS) - Best FS not named Eric Berry.

Round 3/Pick 68: Torrell Troup (NT) - Not the best NT in the draft, but can take time to develop behind Shaun Smith for a year.

Round 4/Pick 102: John Jerry (RG) - Monster RG who will give the team the run-blocking it needs.

Round 5/Pick 136: Jeremy Williams (WR) - Sure-handed and terrific KR/PR. What's not to like?

Round 5/Pick 142 (Miami): Phillip Dillard (ILB) - Mean and a sure tackler.

Round 5/Pick 144 (Carolina): Alex Daniels (OLB/DE) - Best rushing LB left.

Yes, I think we're going heavily OL. Lilja and Weigmann are short-term solutions at best. I'd love to get some help at TE and SS, and some more help at OLB and ILB, but there's only so much you can do in one draft.
    I love the pick but it will not move Waters to center.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    I love the pick but it will not move Waters to center.
    It will if you pick Okung at #5, Ducasse at #36, and Jerry at #102. I know, I know, you have to be nuts to want to start three rookies on the OL. But I'm sick of patchwork OL after patchwork OL. Let's fix the dam* thing once and for all!

I like it. I like it alot.

I am all about the o-line. And even I wouldn't be able to pick three o-linemen in four rounds.

But I am glad someone can.

I am planning on posting my mock April 30 - my birthday. You will be ASTOUNDED at my brilliance of it all...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I am planning on posting my mock April 30 - my birthday. You will be ASTOUNDED at my brilliance of it all...
    I have this feeling you might just get every pick right.

Resident Celebrity

Here is what I've got.

Round 1/Pick 5: Dan Williams (NT) Tennessee - Pioli realizes that it isn't a sexy pick but this will shore up his defensive line for the next decade if everyone stays that long. He proved last year he liked positional picks over the best player available.

Round 2/Pick 36: Jerry Hughes (OLB) TCU - Pioli has to choose between Hughes and Nate Allen (FS) and realizes if you stop everyone up front a safety's job becomes much easier to do.

Round 2/Pick 50 (Falcons): Morgan Burnett (FS) Georgia Tech - One of the best FS's still available and will be able to challenge the starters if not start in 2010.

Round 3/Pick 68: Brandon Spikes (ILB) Florida - This rounds out a possible great front seven when some experience has been gained. While the first four picks aren't sexy they instantly upgrade a defense that has been one of the worst for a few years.

Round 4/Pick - Zane Beadles (OT/G) Utah - We have several spots open in the line and this guy plays smart and can play at a few spots.

Round 5/Pick 136: Jordan Shipley (WR) Texas - After all the drops, fumbles and bone head plays that were made last year we get a guy that looks like he's got glue on his hands to pick up PR/KR responsibilities.

Round 5/Pick 142 (Miami): Phillip Dillard (ILB) - Mean and a sure tackler. I'll go with bwilliams pick here too. I like it and we need some competition to find the best ILB possible.

Round 5/Pick 144 (Carolina): Best lineman available at this point. Because really at this point we need some depth at lineman and we can use it at almost any position.

So there it is, yes it's heavy on defense but we've acquired some people offensively and while there still is work to be done on the offense if we can't stop a troop of girl scouts from going to the other end zone to sell cookies how are we going to stop another nfl team!

there is no way the skins pick williams over okung...mayock is an idiot and just likes to start rumors...okung is clearly more talented on film and is more athletic and still has experience in a zbs