Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs will retain Chan Gailey

Default Chiefs will retain Chan Gailey

Adam Schefter reported that the Chiefs denied Tampa Bay authorization to talk to Chan Gailey.

It is apparent that they Chiefs do not want to let go of his services.

Now for some speculation. Some think the next HC is already named, and is confortable with Chan as his OC. The next speculation step is keeping Chan as interim HC for a year until the ideal HC is availale, or Chan could be that dark horse.

There is also a friend of a friend of a friend rumor that the Chiefs are going to retain Herm as lead scout. Herm himself has been quoted as saying he was interested in getting into the business side of football. Given that, I would still think he would be at the Senior Bowl.

I liked what he did with the offense this year considering what he had to work with. Getting twoards the end of the year they where doing well

I was really impressed with Chan's ability and willingness to adapt. He saw the OL wasn't good enough to handle all the Singleback and I Formations and made a radical adjustment that not many coordinators would be willing to try in the NFL, the Spread offense.

I'd love for him to stay on as OC.

The Herm scouting scenario is plausible. If you've decided to remove him from the HC position but still have to pay him another year than you might as well have him doing something value-added.

i didn't say he was the answer for us as head coach, only that he would be an improvement over herm, and would only be an interim coach.

Gailey definately fits what we have now the best. He may not be the best for the future (simple run slashes and inventive passing plays) but with our CURRENT best qb (thig), wr (bowe or TG), and speedy rb's, I think Chan can help them the most. Our offense could score this past season, its the defense that struggled most.

He was not that bad when he was coach of the Cowboys in the 90's. In fact I'd say he got the short side of the stick since that was when Jerry Jones was at the peak of his control freak phase. 18-14 is not a bad career record for a coach.. I'm surprised he didn't get more opportunities after that.

ha, peak of the jerry jones control-freak phase.. 1996-2013

Quote Originally Posted by leaves View Post
    ha, peak of the jerry jones control-freak phase.. 1996-2013
    well... because Wade Phillips is still coach it seems like he has loosened up a bit. Not saying he isn't still a control freak by any means though.

Idk, I think he likes Phillips cuz JJones can do whatever JJones wants to do. Late for meetings, undoes punishments assigned by Wade, and his n Irvin's new reality show series.. 2-14 but I'm glad it's not Dallas.

No one has said Gailey is being retained for another season. Alll I've read is that the Chiefs refused to let him interview with the Bucs. I think people are reading too much into that. In my opinion the Chiefs are waiting to see if their new Head Coach wants Gailey and whether or not they can get compensation or picks for Gailey(doubtful). I don't think Pioli is interested in keeping any facet of the Herm Edwards/Carl Peterson era around for very long.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast