Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Chiefs Pessimism

Default Chiefs Pessimism

The Kansas City Chiefs will have a top 3 defensive backfield, #1 rushing attack from a year ago, the best OT tandem in the league, the best LB corp in the league, 2/3 of the D-line were drafted in the top 15 overall. TWO first round picks at wideout, and a suddenly above average QB in an offensive system that consistently ranked in the top half of the league in Philly.

WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT??? I promise that the other 11 teams that will make the playoffs this season don't have that kind of talent to claim heading into this season.

Stay Calm and Go Chiefs

better "O" line than last year, better back up RB to JC, better FB to block with, serious upgrade at TE's, added a better #3 WR, HUGE upgrade at QB, much more point friendly scoring offensive scheme via new coaching staff but your right its the same as last year
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

internal strife w/GM and players, bad coaching, poor QB play, half a secondary, no consistent pass rush, the setting in of a losing attitude....put in a pot, stir it up and you get a 2-14 season
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I will agree that there seemed to be numerous times, now that I think about it, that it appeared as if the defense just gave up, and it was usually in the second half if I remember properly.
    Indeed it was the 2nd half a lot of the time. I don't put that on the defense being tired as much as it was the lack of adjustments being made at the half. Just look at the 1st preseason game came out looked like a superbowl contender the rest of the preseason not so good. Same thing happened in the 1 regular season game well with the offense the D just sucked all day. But the 1st half in the opener against the Falcons this looked like a superbowl contending offense. Matt Cassel looked OUTSTANDING that half. What happened the 2nd half. It fell apart. It's like I said last year during the season that coaching staff wouldn't know how to make an adjustment if the step by step instruction manual for making adjustments slapped them in the face.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

It was Scott Pioli. Poor upper management causes that kind of b.s. He was too concerned about candy wrappers to worry about scouting and good coaches. His only good contribution to this team was Justin Houston (and probably Eric Berry/Dontari Poe). The rest of his decisions were mediocre to complete garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    It was Scott Pioli. Poor upper management causes that kind of b.s. He was too concerned about candy wrappers to worry about scouting and good coaches. His only good contribution to this team was Justin Houston (and probably Eric Berry/Dontari Poe). The rest of his decisions were mediocre to complete garbage.
    I agree about the coaching and the scouting to an extent But I do think he did more then what most fans give him credit for. For one he did lock up Charles and Hali at a good price. And I do think that he added more talent then the players you listed but due to his HORRIBLE coaching hires they were not able to play up to there talent level. Baldwin I think could be one of those players. He has shown flashes then just like he has no place on an NFL field. Anther player is Kendrick Lewis he showed flashed while Berry was out but again hasn't been able to put that together for a long period of time. Mccluster also most fans don't remember that he was getting almost 6 ypc running the ball but only got it 12 times the whole season. THAT'S INSANE. Yes they have a speed back in Charles but as long as Mccluster is putting up those numbers you would think they could find him a carry or two each game. Some of the choices that this past coaching staff made were just STUPID. Now those players might just turn out to be nothing more then what we have seen. But I do think there are some players on this team that Pioli brought in that were hurt by the Choices Pioli made as the head coach.Which Pioli is still 100% at fault for. Hopefully we see there level of play pick up. I'm looking forward to seeing some of these guys play for a proven head coach.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

We are not ready to start a season we cant even sign our guys

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    We are not ready to start a season we cant even sign our guys

chicken little.jpg

... you asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Indeed it was the 2nd half a lot of the time. I don't put that on the defense being tired as much as it was the lack of adjustments being made at the half. Just look at the 1st preseason game came out looked like a superbowl contender the rest of the preseason not so good. Same thing happened in the 1 regular season game well with the offense the D just sucked all day. But the 1st half in the opener against the Falcons this looked like a superbowl contending offense. Matt Cassel looked OUTSTANDING that half. What happened the 2nd half. It fell apart. It's like I said last year during the season that coaching staff wouldn't know how to make an adjustment if the step by step instruction manual for making adjustments slapped them in the face.
    Coaching was definitely a HUGE part of our problem last year. It doesn't matter that we can send six players to the Pro-Bowl if we can't make half time adjustments. We gotta keep with what the "Jones'" are doing, so to speak.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213