Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A&m joeckel left tackle declares

Default A&m joeckel left tackle declares

Ok so one of the best pro sure things joeckel has declared for the 2013 nfl draft. With albert being a free agent we could look to take the best prospect in this draft fill the most important position on the o line which keeps us from stretching for a qb. That would then allow us to take a qb either by trading back into the first or fall in love with a qb in the secound.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Absolutely. But how good would the line be if Albert moves to left guard. Then we have some serious depth on the line and we are pretty damn young too. Pick up qb with pick 34.

Real quick why are we pick 34 and not 33.
    Because we tied in record with Jax so after round one we have to alternate with them.

Stupid idea.

Sign Albert.

Draft Geno Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Just thinking. We keep Albert move him to his natural position of left guard .
    OMG NO! Albert has played LT for FIVE seasons in the NFL.

Moving him now would be DUMB. He is a fine LT.

I love the Chiefs, but this fanbase is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by kchiefs70 View Post
    Stupid idea.

Sign Albert.

Draft Geno Smith.
    Quoted for truth.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

After joeckels performance he is probably will be the in demand #1 pick. albert has proven to be a solid LT so resign him and trade down in the 1st. take the best player available, hopefully CB, MLB, QB, C,G etc.. their should be a russel wilson or colin kapernik somewhere in round #2 or #3 if we don't take a QB in #1. Dalton and Ponder both turned out to be solid QBs so don't get caught up in the Geno hype, we'll do OK w/out him.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

To late i heart geno

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    To late i heart geno
    U heart his baylor game, like everyone else. take his first 4 games away and in his last 8 games he is undistinguishable statwise from the next 4 QBs on the board. if we have a mid 1st round pick and he falls maybe worth a shot but not to use up the #1.
    i have seen draft grades were he is #24 overall and in a few were he is #5, but most place him #10 to #15. and most of those still predict we take him #1. doesn't that say we are either stupid or desperate or maybe both?
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

What's stupid is not draftin the best player available. If a 37 ur old guard who has never played center can make the transition mid season. A natural left guard who excelled at it for years in college could make the transition with a full off season. You are right I am stupid. Does that make you feel more like a man now

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    After joeckels performance he is probably will be the in demand #1 pick. albert has proven to be a solid LT so resign him and trade down in the 1st. take the best player available, hopefully CB, MLB, QB, C,G etc.. their should be a russel wilson or colin kapernik somewhere in round #2 or #3 if we don't take a QB in #1. Dalton and Ponder both turned out to be solid QBs so don't get caught up in the Geno hype, we'll do OK w/out him.
    Ponder turned out solid? Have you seen his numbers? Ponder is barely average. Had a 1-1 td/int (w/ 5 fumbles) ratio last year and 3-2 ratio this year with another 5 fumbles.

Nothing stupid about it, at all. Albert played Guard in high school and college. The Chiefs had no business throwing him out at LT in the NFL. I will grant you he has stepped up his pass-protection to a point, but he's not an anchor or a clutch performer at LT by any means.

Hell, he couldn't even roadgrade a DB that he outweighed by 100 lb. in the Pitt game on Monday night, and instead tried to do the two-step waltz with him by grabbing the DB & twisting him around in open space and drawing a flag that negated a TD ( and yes, that was the correct call. You cannot grab a defender & twist him around like that in open space as that's always going to draw a flag ).

Albert does NOT warrant a franchise tag nor a big 10 million plus a year contract & he has back problems that may not go away. The Chiefs should only make him a reasonable offer & if he won't take it, then let him walk.

Therefore it looks like the stupidity amongst the Chiefs fanbase would include YOU at the top of the list.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 01-09-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast