Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dwayne Bowe

Default Dwayne Bowe

I am hating that Mother Fer right now catch the flipping TD,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Not gonna lie...I'm starting to get a man crush on one Tony Moeaki....

Man!! I LOVE HIM!!!!
    **ChiefsChick**

I don't think Bowe is going anywhere. He's come a long way, he just has a big drop problem. Haley still seems happy with him. He's under the teams control through 2011 and then he'll be a restricted free agent. They'll probably put at least a first round tender on him (maybe a first and a third) and no team will be willing to part with those kind of draft picks for a WR that will be 28 at that time. Of course that could all change depending on how the new CBA is structured. Most likely though, he's going to be here for a while (at least the next 2 years). The Chiefs will likely draft another WR in the 2nd-3rd round next year, but it makes absolutely no sense to trade Bowe unless you have better options available.

I should mention that Bowe will only be tendered if 2012 is an uncapped year. Otherwise he's a unrestricted free agent and can go anywhere he pleases.
    Last edited by Ryfo18; 10-12-2010 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    You all dog on Bowe, but other teams would be chomping at the bit to get him. I see us trading him for a third or fourth, whoever picks him up will laugh their A of that they got a solid number 2 receiver so cheap. I could see the Cards picking him up and having fitzgerald on one side and bowe on the other. Bowe will end up having a career year 1200 yards and close to 10 td's. Then you all will know (but never admit to it) that Bowe was not utilized properly and that Matt Cassel throws a ball this is hard to catch. Under other QB's Bowe was a succses under Cassel failure. BTW Bowe was not the only WR that dropped a ball Jamaal dropped one so did Mccluster and Chambers. The is a reason we had so many drops last year it wasn't just bowe it was all our guys. Everyone brags on Moeaki and I'm with you I think the guy is AWESOME and one of the reasons is he caught a horribly thrown ball when he was wide open. Moeaki jumped up into the air was completely sideways and caught the ball behind his damn head he is awesome Matt Cassel's throw was not. All you haters will see though.
    Really? Because he was 2nd in the league in 2008 and Im pretty sure we didnt have Cassel then!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

The is a reason we had so many drops last year it wasn't just bowe it was all our guys. Everyone brags on Moeaki and I'm with you I think the guy is AWESOME and one of the reasons is he caught a horribly thrown ball when he was wide open. Moeaki jumped up into the air was completely sideways and caught the ball behind his damn head he is awesome Matt Cassel's throw was not. All you haters will see though.
    Actually that ball was one of the best thrown balls all season, that one and the one to Bowe. If you knew anything about the game, you would know that where Cassel placed those two throws were exactly where they needed to be. The receivers both had to make great plays to catch them, but that ball thrown any other way is an interception.

I am not saying Cassel is perfect, far from it actually, but Bowe has consistently shown that he is the most inconsistent receiver this team has. He has been at the top of the league, either first or second in drops for the last two years.

A bad throw is one that an open receiver has no chance to catch, we have had plenty of those. A drop is when a receiver gets the ball in his hands and drops it. THose are the throws that receivers have to be able to make because it is hard enough getting the ball correctly thrown to begin with.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Really? Because he was 2nd in the league in 2008 and Im pretty sure we didnt have Cassel then!!
    Guess who was number 8? Tony Gonzalez. Who is known for his ability to catch balls and not drop them. Those two guys got targeted a lot. Other honorable mentions Dallas Clark number 7, Hines Ward number 9, Braylon Edwards number 1. I could go on and on, but I won't only time will show us the truth.

You all dog on Bowe, but other teams would be chomping at the bit to get him. I see us trading him for a third or fourth, whoever picks him up will laugh their A of that they got a solid number 2 receiver so cheap. I could see the Cards picking him up and having fitzgerald on one side and bowe on the other. Bowe will end up having a career year 1200 yards and close to 10 td's. Then you all will know (but never admit to it) that Bowe was not utilized properly and that Matt Cassel throws a ball this is hard to catch. Under other QB's Bowe was a succses under Cassel failure. BTW Bowe was not the only WR that dropped a ball Jamaal dropped one so did Mccluster and Chambers. The is a reason we had so many drops last year it wasn't just bowe it was all our guys. Everyone brags on Moeaki and I'm with you I think the guy is AWESOME and one of the reasons is he caught a horribly thrown ball when he was wide open. Moeaki jumped up into the air was completely sideways and caught the ball behind his damn head he is awesome Matt Cassel's throw was not. All you haters will see though.
    I have been reading your posts with great interest as of late. You seem to think that many of us aren't here to crtique this organization but during the herm years, the terrible experiment that brodie croyle was, all of carl peterson's terrible decisions we were b**ching with the excpetion of Canada he was positive then too.

After enduring the last few seasons we are seeing growth, we are seeing improvement with the exception of dwayne bowe. The dude got suspended for PED's, has been at the top of the league in dropped balls since he got here and he would have had zero success in the beginning if there was no tony g to take the pressure off. He is a first round draft choice that has not panned out. You are so quick ot jump on Cassel who is in his second season and survived his frist season with arguably the worst offensive line in nfl history. You talk about logic and reasoning but that to me is not logic nor reasonable. Fine Cassell sucks but to say Dwayne Bowe is the man is not logical.

And getting a thrid or fourth for him is not exactly chomping at the bit as Canada mentined earlier, especially considering he was our first round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    I have been reading your posts with great interest as of late. You seem to think that many of us aren't here to crtique this organization but during the herm years, the terrible experiment that brodie croyle was, all of carl peterson's terrible decisions we were b**ching with the excpetion of Canada he was positive then too.

After enduring the last few seasons we are seeing growth, we are seeing improvement with the exception of dwayne bowe. The dude got suspended for PED's, has been at the top of the league in dropped balls since he got here and he would have had zero success in the beginning if there was no tony g to take the pressure off. He is a first round draft choice that has not panned out. You are so quick ot jump on Cassel who is in his second season and survived his frist season with arguably the worst offensive line in nfl history. You talk about logic and reasoning but that to me is not logic nor reasonable. 1) Fine Cassell sucks but to say Dwayne Bowe is the man is not logical.

2)And getting a thrid or fourth for him is not exactly chomping at the bit as Canada mentined earlier, especially considering he was our first round pick.
    1) I don't think Cassel sucks, I think he is a good backup and I don't think Bowe is "The Man" but he is a good WR with a proven track record. I don't ever think Dwayne Bowe will be "The Man" but he can be the second man, as you alluded at him being to Tony.
    2) The teams will want him, but I think they will get him cheap especially if Haley blows up and slams him, but Haley has remained cool and praised him. Haley is being a lot smarter acting this year. I think last year he was overwhelmed he has done a great job this year though. Also the Vikes just picked up Randy Moss with a 3rd so getting a 3rd or 4th a second wr isn't too bad.

Guess who was number 8? Tony Gonzalez. Who is known for his ability to catch balls and not drop them. Those two guys got targeted a lot. Other honorable mentions Dallas Clark number 7, Hines Ward number 9, Braylon Edwards number 1. I could go on and on, but I won't only time will show us the truth.
    You sure you're not reading Anthony Gonzalez of Indi? ... and didn't Bowe have twice as many drops as Dallas Clark in 2008?

Bowe has gotta go.

1) I don't think Cassel sucks, I think he is a good backup and I don't think Bowe is "The Man" but he is a good WR with a proven track record. I don't ever think Dwayne Bowe will be "The Man" but he can be the second man, as you alluded at him being to Tony.
    2) The teams will want him, but I think they will get him cheap especially if Haley blows up and slams him, but Haley has remained cool and praised him. Haley is being a lot smarter acting this year. I think last year he was overwhelmed he has done a great job this year though. Also the Vikes just picked up Randy Moss with a 3rd so getting a 3rd or 4th a second wr isn't too bad.
    I think Bowe can be a real good number 2 in the NFL. If we can get a TRUE number 1 then I think we will see a much better Bowe. Bowe had his best year when we had a HUGE weapon at TE. If we get anther Huge weapon someone that makes the D use double covarge I would love to see what Bowe can do. I think then we will see good things from him. And I think that would also help Cassel out. I still think that Cassel could be a long term starting qb in the NFL I would like to see him get a number 1 wr something that I don't think we have right now.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast