Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: WEEK 1 Bills vs CHIEFS

Default WEEK 1 Bills vs CHIEFS

It's for real this time

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Keep in mind - neither did the bills....
    Gailey's an offensive genius. He had his team practicing plays and formations the day the lockout ended. He turned Tyler Thigpen and Ryan Fitzpatrick into legit NFL starters.

Haley isn't an offensive genius. He focused on conditioning after the lockout (too late for that) and he handled the preseason games moronically. He's proving that a whole lot of people would look smart if they had Kurt Warner, Larry Fitzgerald, and Anquan Boldin to play with.

In case you can't tell, I'm not overly enthused about the Haley era. For all the **** I gave Herm Edwards, at least he made some good draft picks (better than I realized at the time). Except for Berry, Moeaki (stupid Haley), Asamoah, and Succop, it's not looking too great for the past three draft classes. And, frankly, the jury's still out on those four.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Cassel wasn't/isn't the problem. So, frankly, I think you KCraised, are out on a limb with a chainsaw, feverishly cutting your own argument in half. Please explain what Cassel did that caused the loss. Let's try this: receivers could not get open and dropped passes. The running game got stuffed and they had no explosive ability. Our secondary could not keep pace with 3rd rate receivers. There was no such letdown by Cassel. He looked bad because no one was helping him. He could've forced passes and turned the ball over a 100 times, but he didn't. He tried to make plays and the skill players let him down. Cassel is our future. Get used to it.
    I NEVER said cassel single handedly lost this! Show me the post. I called out the whole team down to the waterboy. Then, later on, i saw yet another boneheaded cassel play, which he always looks like he is in panic, and said I thought he was an overrated overpaid backup qb, which he is. Quote that. Someone chose to call me out for saying he wasnt an elite quarterback. Well, im sure when Clark Hunt was writing out the monsterous check, im sure his agent referred to him as one on more than one occassion.
    The defense couldnt get off the field on 3rd down to save its life. Colquitt scrubbed today (rare), then a missed fg even though it was a 49
    Yd attempt, McCluster fumbles, Charles fumbles, special teams sucked, horrible play calling, wrong defensive schemes, etc, etc. Thats about as well rounded blame as I have seen in a longtime. I watched the game, btw. But 2 people picked up on that I pointed out Cassel as a crappy overpaid starter and acted like I said he single handedly lost the game. Im calling it like it is. One thing you are right about, is that we are stuck with him.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    This game is not a Matt Cassel loss. He put up decent numbers. Was he part of the problem with some overthrows yes. But Matt Cassel didn't fumble the opening kickoff. Matt Cassel didn't fumble and give the bills the ball inside the 25. This was a CHIEFS loss. PLAYERS COACHING STAFF neither did there jobs today. They made themselfs look like a joke with the way they preformed today. I am upset about this loss just like everyone eles but the season is not over. What needs to happen is this team gets pissed off over this loss and make the other teams we play pay for it.
    Im totally with you on that post. Every facet of the game was horrid. No bright spots. Im glad the score got ran up at the end. It was such a gawdy number that needed to happen, after the Chiefs showed nothing today. That embarrassment will force changes

I missed the game today, but want to ask legitimately: What happened?

Thought for sure KC would take this, even if it was close...

Quote Originally Posted by bumstah View Post
    I missed the game today, but want to ask legitimately: What happened?

Thought for sure KC would take this, even if it was close...
    Complete melt down on all sides of the ball.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

This game was so enjoyable, all the donkey fans in the bar just loved this game, my 6-10 prediction may be too high of a prediction.

Please Oakland beat the sh!t out of the donkeys so I don't have to listen to them

sad day to be a chiefs fan!!!

i see a lot of blame being put on cassel,well a bit has to do with him but the real blame has to go on the defense.we had none,it was pitiful,tackleing was very poor,pass rush was nil,defensive backfield was horrid and poor coaching accross the board did not help either.lets hope they just put this one in the past and show up a focused team next week against detroit.we are not that bad i know it,we can't be so lets see what happens next week before we panic.

i know i was negative in some post earlier but i was really frustrated they way they were playing.the bottom line is it is one game and lets just hope its our bomb of the year and its out of the way

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Cassel did not look great, but certainly this game cannot be put completely on his shoulders.

There was the drop by Bowe, yet again! McCluster's fumble, but the offense overall was really not the biggest problem.

No, the biggest issue came from the defense, are these defensive players really professionals? There was absolutely no tackling, very little pass rush and the coverage on pass plays beyond atrocious.

3 and out on the offense was bad, but good greif, we got no play from the defense at all.

Conditioning! This team looked like a bunch of 1A college players. Pathetic!

Bowe's "drop" was self defense - the only thing that saved his life as Cassel yet again led a receiver right into a path to be decapitated by a safety ( just enough out in front to have to reach for it with your head turned, with a safety coming full steam right at you ). Cassel over threw receivers, was off target in general, stared down receivers, oft stepped into a pass rush, and just generally flat out sucked. The only way one cannot see that is because they don't want to.

The offense kept the defense on the field, so you combine that with poor LB & NT play, completely lacking blitz packages, and this ridiculous 2 DL pass rushing set, and its a formula for failure. But even with all of the defense's downfalls, they were all magnified by an offense that couldn't stay on the field thanks to poor play calling, poor line play and most of all, horrible QB play.

With this kind of performance, you have to seriously question the head coach. After the HC, its the QB and KC doesn't have one. In this league, you will not be a contender without a decent QB.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Complete melt down on all sides of the ball.
    Yup; they did NOT earn their salaries today!