Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the game Chiefs 45 Redskins 10

Default Thoughts on the game Chiefs 45 Redskins 10

The GOOD:

Just about everything. Offense, Defense, and Special teams all pitched in and the sum of these 3 parts equaled the Chiefs best overall performance of the year.

The mental toughness displayed by the Chiefs team to ignore the elements & go out and play football and this cannot be understated. Especially, Alex Smith, as he had nowhere near the struggles with the inclement weather that RGIII did. Alex played as though it was perfect weather & I'm betting money that if Manning and the Donkeys have to play in snowy weather, they won't be able to hack it.

Knile Davis getting his 1st rushing TD on a brilliant piece of running. Many considered the selection of Davis to be a draft day whiff, but it might be a Home Run in the not-too-distant future.

O-Line play was good and Stephenson & Fisher both did a good job against Orakpo and Kerrigan. No sacks given up or any penalties committed by either and the future looks promising with these two young athletic Tackles. Granted, there might be struggles in upcoming games, but to me, both are worth taking the time to develop and let them go through the growing pains to get valuable experience.

After a month long dry spell, the opposing QB was once again having to deal with fierce pressure & went down 6 times. Granted, the Skins O-Line isn't that good, but ask yourself an honest question -- is the Donkeys O-Line really THAT much better or do they simply get away with holding a lot more often just for Manning's sake?

Kick returns. The Chiefs just ripped the Skin's guts out in this area. No two ways about it.

Defense pitched a 2nd half shutout.

The BAD:

Chase Daniel. I predict in 2014, he won't be the #2 QB. Bray should pass him by.

The UGLY:

Not much outside of Daniel and Cooper getting the wind knocked out of him.

================================================== ===================

BTW, Fasano may be getting back on the field next week and Reid said Houston is progressing with his injury.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I personally thought going in that the Chiefs were the better team than the Skins, but I also thought the weather might equalize things and make it anybody's ball game. The problem for the Redskins was they got too far behind, too fast, and it took them out of their running game and left them with having to throw the ball in inclement weather and they just couldn't do it.

Alex Smith, on the other hand, was completely unfazed by the elements. There were not spectacular throws, but effective ones that helped moved the ball & put points on the scoreboard that helped the Chiefs seize an early foothold and they never looked back.
    Exactly so! The weather not shutting Alex Smith down was CRUCIAL in this game. If the weather had taken the pass away from us early on we would have been in trouble. But despite the weather Alex Smith was able to complete passes and as a result when JC got the ball he was able to gobble up yardage. That was a big part of this win!

RG III couldn't handle the weather. Alex Smith did and the result was a blowout.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    doesn't it make you wish Bray was not inactive?
    Yup. Would have been nice to give Bray some reps in a game. But Alex has a good number of years left in him and has mostly been pretty durable. I love it when Alex takes off with the ball, but my heart is in my throat every time he does. We are every bit as vulnerable as the donkeys if we lose Alex. I think we can afford to bring Bray up slowly. Hoping Bray will be the number 2 QB next year.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 12-09-2013 at 01:01 PM.

The Good:
    We won and looked good

The Bad:
    We did it against the Redskins...........

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Exactly so! The weather not shutting Alex Smith down was CRUCIAL in this game. If the weather had taken the pass away from us early on we would have been in trouble. But despite the weather Alex Smith was able to complete passes and as a result when JC got the ball he was able to gobble up yardage. That was a big part of this win!

RG III couldn't handle the weather. Alex Smith did and the result was a blowout.
    Does make you wonder how Manning will fare if he has to play in the same conditions the Chiefs did yesterday. We know he didn't fare too well in NE and if I'm not mistaken, there was no moisture to deal with in that game.

I hope in the Donkeys first post-season game that they have play in those same elements that the Chiefs played in yesterday. Watch what happens.

Elway spent all that money and forget to dome the stadium to keep ASSet warm. tsk tsk
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    Elway spent all that money and forget to dome the stadium to keep ASSet warm. tsk tsk
    Now that had me ROFLMFAO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Does make you wonder how Manning will fare if he has to play in the same conditions the Chiefs did yesterday. We know he didn't fare too well in NE and if I'm not mistaken, there was no moisture to deal with in that game.

I hope in the Donkeys first post-season game that they have play in those same elements that the Chiefs played in yesterday. Watch what happens.
    If we win our first round playoff game and wind up going against the donkeys in the playoffs, we will CRUSH them. This team simply won't let that damned forehead beat them 3 times in one season.

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post

Now that had me ROFLMFAO!!!!
    If you think that's been fun, wait until Manning's popularity in Denver swells up past Elway's, and Elway finds himself trying to defend his merchandise sales and position as "President" of the Broncos when Manning decides that he needs a bigger role in the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post

If you think that's been fun, wait until Manning's popularity in Denver swells up past Elway's, and Elway finds himself trying to defend his merchandise sales and position as "President" of the Broncos when Manning decides that he needs a bigger role in the organization.
    Ain't going to happen. manning's career is going to come to a quick and brutish end.....SOON! And the Chiefs are going have his forehead stuffed and hung from the rafters in Arrowhead! Gonna be one VERY DEAD dONKEY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post

I've always thought that Manning, along with a slew of others, was a better QB than Elway ever was. It's too bad that Manning didn't land with SF or somebody else other than Denver or just simply stay with the Colts and finish his career there while grooming Andrew Luck for a couple of years behind him ( even though Luck has shown that can play right away ).

But of course, Donkey fans will tell you that Elway & Manning rank 1 and 2 as the greatest QB's of all time. They don't. Number 1 belongs to Joe Montana.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast