Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shout Out From a Pats Fan

Default Shout Out From a Pats Fan

I'm a hard core Patriots Fan, since way before the bandwagon started rolling in 2001, and with many cold, losing Sunday afternoons in the old Foxboro Stadium to prove it! I also consider myself a fan of the NFL and am pretty knowledgeable about its history. As a result, I have long held the Hunt family and the Texans/Chiefs franchise in high regard for the role they have played in the evolution of the modern NFL.

Like every Pats fan, I was realistic but sad when "Piolichick" was busted up and Scott made his way to Kansas City. But the more I thought about it, there are few places I would rather have seen him go than to the Chiefs. You have a guy at the helm who knows how to build champions; Todd Haley seems to be a perfect complement to him, reminiscent of Pioli's relationship with Coach Belichick.

Now, you have Vrabes and Matt. I think you guys got the better part of the deal but I also think it was a lot more "fair" than some of the mediots are suggesting.

Bottom Line: I now have another team to pull for, except of course, when you're playing the Pats or competing with them for a Playoff spot. Otherwise, I hope you raise Holy Heck in the AFC West and kick some Bronco and Charger butt!

Thanks for the well wishes, but you left out the raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Thanks for the well wishes, but you left out the raiders.
    Yeah, I don't like em very much either, but they're not gonna be a threat to us for a while. The Broncos and Chargers always give us problems. An extra "L" or two for each of them will always be handy at Playoff time.
    Last edited by PatsFan4Chiefs; 03-01-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Man, whats with all the love from the Pats fans? If all goes well we kill one dynasty so that we have our own.

Kidding..

Thanks for the support, the way it looks right now, we owe a lot of gratitude to the Pats organization.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    Well, I was trying not to say anything as I just can't stand Brady and the Pats as the whole situation keeps reminding me of Elway and the Donks. We hired Pioli to make us into the next hopefull Dynasty as The Chiefs have it coming after all Lamar Hunt did. I don't use the word hate very often but, in some situations it is required. PatsFan4Chiefs , please don't take this as a personal attack on you but more so at the Patriots as a Team. I hate the Pats for what has happened over the last decade. It is actually more of a envious thing but excelled beyond to a slight hatred of the organization and truth be spoken, I have cheered against them in every Superbowl they played in and I am a proAFC kinda guy which is kinda hypocritical but hey what can I say I am human. I been a Chiefs fan since day 1 of my life, the first gift I ever recieved was the plaque I am using as my avatar on this forum. The Arrowhead is made of metal that came from the old Memorial Stadium the Chiefs played in when they first arrived in KC. It is my most valued Chiefs possession but that is another story. I am sooooooo happy that Clark Hunt made the move to aquire Scott Pioli as I think if there is any team that deserves the winning ways is KC Chiefs. I can't say that I wish the Pats well as it would be a lie and I won't degrade myself to say it so all I will say is this," Thanks for the kind words sir but keep in mind, when it comes to teams in the NFL I only cheer one of them and that is the Kansas City Chiefs."
    Until we meet in the Play Offs,
    pCe out.
    I take every word of that as a compliment! Most Pats fans have learned to "embrace the hate." In fact, we thrive on it. In the post Cap/FA era, no team was supposed to go to five AFCCG's, play in four SB's and win three of them, all in just seven years. If I were you, I'd hate us too; 1970 was a long time ago.

But, I'll still cheer for the Chiefs when they're playing anybody but us or competing for a Playoff spot with us.
    Last edited by PatsFan4Chiefs; 03-01-2009 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan4Chiefs View Post
    I take every word of that as a compliment! Most Pats fans have learned to "embrace the hate." In fact, we thrive on it. In the post Cap/FA era, no team was supposed to go to five AFCCG's, play in four SB's and win three of them, all in just seven years. If I were you, I'd hate us too; 1970 was a long time ago.

But, I'll still cheer for the Chiefs when they're playing anybody but us or competing for a Playoff spot with us.
    I agree with all of this. (And I warned you guys there'd be more of my kind around now. LOL) We won't back a guy like Ratgini, but we have love for Pioli (and Crennel if he comes to KC) as well as our old players. You're going to become the 2nd team for a lot of Pats fans whether you like it or not. Hahaha Hopefully you guys can win some games soon and start to be hated like we are. You'll learn to enjoy it and feed off of it like some sort of football vampire.

Thanks for the kind words, Patsfan, and, uhh.... sorry about taking out Brady for the whole of this season. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, Patsfan, and, uhh.... sorry about taking out Brady for the whole of this season. :-D
    Oh don't get me wrong, that was HORRIBLE, but probably for the best for both of us. Many of us wanted Cassel cut in favor of Matt Gutierrez at the beginning of last season. We forgot the golden rule to ignore the Patriots pre-season plays. (Well, he did look pretty awful in relief of Brady the prior season.) But Tom always said Matt was good and he was right about that. Nice to get some value for him and see him go to a team we don't entirely hate. Unlike many Pats fans, I thought the trade was just about right. I kinda didn't think we were going to keep Vrabel anyway, so I saw that aspect of the deal as more of a move to keep him out of the AFCEast. Time will tell, but either way you guys can use him.

to the chiefs crowd {pats fan}

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast