Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Crowd MNF Tailgate Plans...I need help please >>>

Default Chiefs Crowd MNF Tailgate Plans...I need help please >>>

This will be a bit long, but necessary to explain thoughts & possible tailgate plans, please have patience reading. :)

In the past we've briefly discussed here at Chiefs Crowd the possibility of a Chiefs Crowd tailgate gathering to be held October 31st, 2011...Halloween night, which is the MNF game at Arrowhead.

There are about 20 or so Chiefs Crowd members, including myself, whom participate on occasion with a Chiefs FB group founded by long time Chiefs fans, David & Caren Biro, whom live in Southern California.

A while back David & Caren mentioned they would like to have a tailgate gathering for members among their FB group. The date they had in mind was also 10/31 MNF. Several of us who are Chiefs Crowd members were already tentatively planning to tailgate with Chiefs Crowd friends at the MNF game. So, our member here at Chiefs Crowd, Vanilla aka Kevin, whom is also a member of the FB group mentioned above, and myself...suggested the possibility to David & Caren of combining Chiefs Crowd members wanting to tailgate at MNF with the FB group members also wanting to tailgate at MNF. David & Caren thought it would be a great idea & agreed.

One advantage by combining the tailgate for Chiefs Crowd with the Chiefs FB group would be the benefit of obtaining new members unfamiliar with Chiefs Crowd website (even though I do plug Chiefs Crowd there once in a while, respectably). Of course there's always benefit in meeting and becoming new friends with fellow Chiefs fans.

This past Friday night I tailgated for about an hour with our Chiefs Crowd member 'Seek' aka Troy, his wife, sons, & other family members. Troy & I discussed hosting a Chiefs Crowd tailgate for MNF 10/31 as we did last year for the MNF season opener. Troy is not active on FB & unfamiliar with any Chiefs groups there, but I did ask him what he thought about combining a tailgate with Chiefs Crowd friends/members & the FB group friends/members. Troy was cool with the idea also.

Troy would be supplying the tents & such as he did last year, as well as other aspects. I will be bringing a full size weber grill to Arrowhead, as well as a couple tailgate tables, and side dishes as I did last year....homemade potato salad, BBQ baked beans, homemade cookies, fudge, etc.. David & Caren, and their FB group members have agreed & committed to contributing a minimum of $5.00 per person to cover cost of food provided, & other general items needed for a tailgate gathering. All beverages will be BYOB, and some will be contributing side dishes as well, who live in KC or nearby. I have volunteered to coordinate the tailgate plans for both Chiefs Crowd & the Biro's FB group I participate in, of which the Biro's have accepted my offer to volunteer as their group tailgate coordinator.

David & Caren created a group event page for the tailgate on 10/31 MNF asking their group members to RSVP. On a related same group FB event page created by Kevin aka Vanilla...about 100 members have RSVP'd to the tailgate. Several are coming in from all over the U.S., but most are from the Midwest states region.

Whew...hope I explained all that above well enough to comprehend, which leads up to my next question. Myself, Kevin, Canada, & others who participate with both Chiefs Crowd & the FB group are in favor of combining the two groups for one tailgate event on MNF. Troy as I said is also cool with the idea. So, my question is...for those members here at Chiefs Crowd who want to tailgate with fellow Chiefs Crowd friends/members at MNF...will it also be okay with you to combine both groups into one tailgate event? Please let me know thoughts on this as soon as you can, either way, yes or no. Thanks!!! :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Additional note...I especially & respectably want Coach's thoughts on this tailgate suggestion...since he is founder & owner of Chiefs Crowd Website. :)

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Another additional thought...I would like to have and wear a t-shirt at the MNF game of which promotes Chiefs Crowd website, including the URL on it www.chiefscrowd.com

Chiefs in theme of course, such as RED in color with yellow-gold highlights or text. Just sayin!! hahaha I'd be willing to pay up to $25 for such a t-shirt. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Another additional thought...I would like to have and wear a t-shirt at the MNF game of which promotes Chiefs Crowd website, including the URL on it www.chiefscrowd.com

Chiefs in theme of course, such as RED in color with yellow-gold highlights or text. Just sayin!! hahaha I'd be willing to pay up to $25 for such a t-shirt. :)
    I remember Coach was saying at the last game we were all at that he was going to make all of us "die-hard" Chief's Crowd members shirts... whatever happened to that idea?

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I just want to mention, that I do not like the idea of a Chiefs Crowd Game day and tailgate on any Monday Night Football Game!

Reasons!
    1. It is a game I know I can see live on my TV!
    2. I can never get a Monday off of work, unless of vacation! I can get a Tuesday off, Monday is a Truck day, and order day.
    3. I used my vacation already. dammit.

Most important reason! Number 2 and 3!

You said 60 to 80 people. Nothing about a 100 RSVP already. Count me out...

I am kidding of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I am kidding of course.

Whew!!! hahaha You had me there for a second, I thought...rutroh!! hahaha I do feel it could be close to 100, but that would include Chiefs Crowd members of course. :)

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I just want to mention, that I do not like the idea of a Chiefs Crowd Game day and tailgate on any Monday Night Football Game!

Reasons!
    1. It is a game I know I can see live on my TV!
    2. I can never get a Monday off of work, unless of vacation! I can get a Tuesday off, Monday is a Truck day, and order day.
    3. I used my vacation already. dammit.

Most important reason! Number 2 and 3!
    Not to fret!!! Last season we had a couple tailgates among Chiefs Crowd members & friends!! I have no doubt the same will occur this season!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I remember Coach was saying at the last game we were all at that he was going to make all of us "die-hard" Chief's Crowd members shirts... whatever happened to that idea?
    I do remember something about Chiefs Crowd shirts being mentioned as well. I'm not sure what happened to the idea, have to ask Coach, haha. ;)

I would wear one often, not just to tailgates among Chiefs Crowd members. I would wear one to games even without a CC tailgate gathering, assuming they would be RED, and in theme with the Chiefs, of course, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast