Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Totally OT, but I have a favor to ask.......

Default Totally OT, but I have a favor to ask.......

Guys,

I know this is not Chiefs-related, but a very dear friend of mine from I guess '68 or '69 onwards is in Hospital in Boston and not doing well. For those of you that talk to the man upstairs, I'd be grateful for a good word for Jon Wordell.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Thank you for your service. Not just a saying....My "thank you" truly comes from my heart. At 13 I was all set to refuse to register for the draft. Thanks to the guidance of Jon Wordell, had the war still been going on when I turned 18 I would have volunteered. Jon had taught me that the world was about more than just me. Takes someone special to teach that to a self-centered teenager in times as trying as the late '60s. I can't begin to tell you how much respect I have for Vietnam Vets.

And OH....my question......"Were you on the side of the "Hippies" or more traditional America?" was not meant as a question to you....your avitar says it all....I was just stating the question that all teenagers faced in the later '60s. The peer pressure to be with the Hippies was tremendous. As I am sure you know. Jon taught me that I didn't have to do something because that was what the "cool" kids were doing. Takes somebody special to teach that to a kid.
    thanks ctchiefsfan. my influence was my late dad and uncle who served in WW2. when my war came they told me i was going come hell or high water. I was to continue the family tradition. lots of kids back then did the same. also the thought of sitting in the gray bar motel in Lenvenworth was not very appealing.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Thank you Chiefster! Jon is one of the "Good Guys". He was a teacher of mine back in that time called the "Vietnam War" when a lot of young men were truly confused about right and wrong and even about America. He was a steady guide in those difficult times for a lot of young guys that were truly confused. He's been a close friend ever since. Should he "retire", the world will be a lesser place without him.
    You bet buddy! There are, unfortunately, far too few good guys in the world.

-God bless!

Y'know, decisions are decisions. Some of us never face really tough decisions. You did. And in a difficult time you made the right decision. I thank you.

Hope he pulls through, ctc.

Hope he makes it. I said a prayer to the big man.

Thank you everybody for your prayers! It seems you all may have helped create a Christmas Miracle. Jon underwent his 3rd surgery in as many days last night. The problem he has is one of these "Flesh Eating Diseases". The decision was made by the surgeons to take his leg at the knee as it was viewed as the only chance for survival. As a lifelong smoker and beer drinker the surgeons were not optimistic that he could survive the surgery but figured it was best to try. I've just been informed that the worst danger is past. As always, there are still risks, but the doctors feel that his chances for survival have increased dramatically.

THANK YOUall for your prayers and please keep them up! You have all helped give me the very best Christmas Gift of my life!!!

Thank you everybody for your prayers! It seems you all may have helped create a Christmas Miracle. Jon underwent his 3rd surgery in as many days last night. The problem he has is one of these "Flesh Eating Diseases". The decision was made by the surgeons to take his leg at the knee as it was viewed as the only chance for survival. As a lifelong smoker and beer drinker the surgeons were not optimistic that he could survive the surgery but figured it was best to try. I've just been informed that the worst danger is past. As always, there are still risks, but the doctors feel that his chances for survival have increased dramatically.

THANK YOUall for your prayers and please keep them up! You have all helped give me the very best Christmas Gift of my life!!!
    Great to hear. Although The Lord hears our prayers if it was his time to go he would have went. Hopefully this shows everyone associated with Jon to not take him for granted and to cherish every moment with him. Some don't get that opportunity to face goodbyes then get some extra time.

that's 2 Christmas miracles. Connie Jo and your friend
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Yes....It's been a really good Christmas!

Will do my friend! God answers prayer!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12