Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: '08 opponents

Default '08 opponents

Kansas City's Opponents Determined for 2008
    Dec 31, 2007, 10:48:53 AM

The Chiefs 2008 regular season opponents were determined on Monday, as well as opponents for all 32 teams in the NFL. The complete 2008 NFL schedule including dates and times will be determined at a later date.

Kansas City’s schedule for 2008 features five games with four teams that qualified for the 2007 playoffs. In addition to two games against AFC West champion San Diego, the Chiefs will also face AFC East champion New England, NFC South winner Tampa Bay and AFC Wild Card qualifier Tennessee.

Based on Kansas City’s third-place finish in the AFC West, the Chiefs will host Tennessee at Arrowhead in 2008. The Titans were the third-place finisher in the AFC South. The Chiefs will also travel to Cincinnati to take on the Bengals, based on the their third-place finish in the AFC North. The Chiefs have hosted the Bengals in three straight seasons, but will visit Cincinnati for the first time since 2003.

As always, the Chiefs will again have a home-and-home series with AFC West opponents Oakland, Denver and San Diego. Members of the AFC West will play all four teams in both the AFC East and NFC South in 2008.

Tampa Bay will make its first trip to Arrowhead since ‘86, the second-longest current streak a team has gone without traveling to an opponent. Coincidently, the Buccaneers also hold the longest such NFL streak, having never played at Buffalo in their 32-year franchise history. New Orleans will visit Arrowhead in 2008 for the first time in the regular season since ‘97. Miami last came to Kansas City in 2002 and Buffalo will make its first appearance at Arrowhead Stadium since 2003.

In addition to the aforementioned games at Cincinnati and New England, the other AFC road trip for the Chiefs in 2008 will be a game at the N.Y. Jets for the second consecutive season. The Chiefs contest with the Panthers will mark Kansas City’s first regular season visit to Carolina since ‘97. The Chiefs will also travel to Atlanta for the first time since the 2000 season finale.

HOME
    Buffalo
    Miami
    Tennessee
    New Orleans
    Tampa Bay
    Denver
    Oakland
    San Diego

AWAY
    New England
    NY Jets
    Cincinnati
    Atlanta
    Carolina
    Denver
    Oakland
    San Diego

If they can fix this O-line, the Chiefs make the playoffs next year with these opponents.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Im going to throw this out there, if Clark keeps both Hermie and CP then I hope this team goes 0-16 as a reward for his stupidity. And really that might not be far off. As more of a reward maybe a home game sellout, to the opposition. And lots and lots of blackouts taking money out of Clarks pockets. I may love a restaurant but if I cant get a good server then I quit going there. As for right now, I am not looking forward to 2008, stupid is as stupid does and the Chiefs have no future with Hermie.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    It always amazes me how the doubters seem to find competence in teams like Denver, New Orleans, Cincinnati and Atlanta. The fact that you think those are teams that will eat us make me question your knowledge of football at all. Miami, Cincy and ATL are all far worse off then we are. Pay Attention
    I would have to agree. Did anyone see Atlanta or Cincy play this year?
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    I agree that those are bad teams, we even beat the Bengals, but we also lost to the Jets, who were awful on the offensive side of the ball. One guy did all the work for them.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I agree that those are bad teams, we even beat the Bengals, but we also lost to the Jets, who were awful on the offensive side of the ball. One guy did all the work for them.
    I am counting the jets game as one that secured our draft pick. no one cared and it showed in their play. give us the jets in week 3 and we whoop their asses
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Kansas City's Opponents Determined for 2008

HOME
    Buffalo
    Miami
    Tennessee
    New Orleans
    Tampa Bay
    Denver
    Oakland
    San Diego

AWAY
    New England
    NY Jets
    Cincinnati
    Atlanta
    Carolina
    Denver
    Oakland
    San Diego

Only ONE of these '08 opponents has beaten us more times than we've beaten them (Buffalo - we are 16-19-1 against them)!

CHIEFS OWN THE NFL !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    8-8?
    Do you really expect the Chiefs to win all of those road games (8)? Because we werwe terrible at home.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Very hard to predict a record at this point anyway. And hard to say who's good and who isn't for 2008. Atlanta and Oakland may not be very good now. But they may surprise next year. So much can change between now and September. We saw a big difference in 2006 and 2007 with a lot of teams.
    No one thought Cleveland would be 10-6 after a string of awful years. And Green Bay after two lousy seasons surprised everyone by becoming one of the best teams this year. The Saints went way down from last year. As did the Bears who made the Super Bowl last year to a losing record. The Eagles went from first to last (and even in August of this year people were picking the Eagles to win the division). The Ravens went from 13-3 to 4-12! But if we looked at the 2007 Ravens schedule from December 31st last year, it'd be easy to say "They'll beat this team. And here's a win. etc." Cuz it'd be assuming the 13-3 Ravens would be good again the following year.
    And of course the Chiefs and Jets both had terrible 4-12 records this year. But a year prior were 9-7 and 10-6 respectively and both made the playoffs.
    Too early for me to say "Oh Denver is a loss, Oakland is a win", etc. Denver played like crap this year most of the time. And usually they do good. So who knows whether Denver declines even more next year or if they rebound. (Jay Cutler himself is a big question mark. So far he hasn't materialized into the QB they hope he will to. How he does in 2008 we can't know yet).
    Yeah but it is fun to some folks to speculate on what could be. Eventhough the field is wide open.

I, for one, would currently predict another 4-12ish season. But, if the Chiefs impress me this offseason, then that could go as high as 10-6. But part of my 4-12 prediction is based on my prediction that the Chiefs will again dissapoint me in the offseason.

With a new OC, Waters expected to switch positions, Herms low-scoring offensive mentallity and an offensive line that should be full of new people, 10-6 would be as high as I could ever predict for the upcoming season.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    O.K. But, did anyone see the Chiefs play? They were rather sad lookin' too.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    I'm not even sure we could be beat them. With the Tuna running things they may improve. We, on the other hand, are stuck with the same crappy GM and head coach. We just got beat by a 3 win team. A 3 win team that ran the ball 199 yards on our supposed "great" defense.

Looking at that schedule, and the fact that Carl and Herm aren't looking at free agent help, we finish 4-12 again.

HOME
    Buffalo Win
    Miami Win
    Tennessee Loss
    New Orleans Loss
    Tampa Bay Loss
    Denver Loss
    Oakland Win
    San Diego Loss

AWAY
    New England Loss
    NY Jets Win
    Cincinnati Loss
    Atlanta Loss
    Carolina Loss
    Denver Loss
    Oakland Loss
    San Diego Loss
    Dude...i think your a little harsh on the division games, but I wouldn't count on a win in the first game listed (team not to be mentioned). That team has put together a nice core that just barely missed the playoffs this year. Edwards (rookie QB) really started to come on at the end of the season, and they are in decent shape for the salary cap. I'd expect them to continue to improve.

However Carolina is a bad team, so are Miami, Atlanta and Cincinnati. I'd figure those are 4 wins right there. If you can split your division you have at least 7 wins. I'd figure on 9 for next year, looking like this:

HOME
    Buffalo Loss
    Miami Win
    Tennessee Win
    New Orleans Loss
    Tampa Bay Loss
    Denver Win
    Oakland Win
    San Diego Loss

AWAY
    New England Loss
    NY Jets Win
    Cincinnati Win
    Atlanta Win
    Carolina Win
    Denver Loss
    Oakland Win
    San Diego Loss

This is all predicated on a good draft and decent FA signings.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Dude...i think your a little harsh on the division games, but I wouldn't count on a win in the first game listed (team not to be mentioned). That team has put together a nice core that just barely missed the playoffs this year. Edwards (rookie QB) really started to come on at the end of the season, and they are in decent shape for the salary cap. I'd expect them to continue to improve.

However Carolina is a bad team, so are Miami, Atlanta and Cincinnati. I'd figure those are 4 wins right there. If you can split your division you have at least 7 wins. I'd figure on 9 for next year, looking like this:

HOME
    Buffalo Loss
    Miami Win
    Tennessee Win
    New Orleans Loss
    Tampa Bay Loss
    Denver Win
    Oakland Win
    San Diego Loss

AWAY
    New England Loss
    NY Jets Win
    Cincinnati Win
    Atlanta Win
    Carolina Win
    Denver Loss
    Oakland Win
    San Diego Loss

This is all predicated on a good draft and decent FA signings.
    I like how optimistic you are. You said "Carolina is a bad team, so are Miami, Atlanta and Cincinnati." I would add the Chiefs to that list. I love how everyone thinks we'll suddenly turn around from 4-12 to 9-7 or 10-6 in one off season. That rarely happens. I hope we do well too. But in all honesty, with Carl and Herm still here, I really don't think we'll do well.

And, all of a sudden, I'm seeing various Jets players and coaches getting mentioned in the news coming to KC. Great, let's bring in a bunch of Herm's cronies to add to his .464 winning record. As long as Herm is here, we'll never be better than a 8-10 win football team "backing our way" into the playoffs.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    I like how optimistic you are. You said "Carolina is a bad team, so are Miami, Atlanta and Cincinnati." I would add the Chiefs to that list. I love how everyone thinks we'll suddenly turn around from 4-12 to 9-7 or 10-6 in one off season. That rarely happens. I hope we do well too. But in all honesty, with Carl and Herm still here, I really don't think we'll do well.

And, all of a sudden, I'm seeing various Jets players and coaches getting mentioned in the news coming to KC. Great, let's bring in a bunch of Herm's cronies to add to his .464 winning record. As long as Herm is here, we'll never be better than a 8-10 win football team "backing our way" into the playoffs.
    The difference between KC and the other "bad teams" on that list is that a couple players could make all the difference for the Chiefs...Falcons only have 2-3 impact players (DB-DeAngelo Hall, DE-John Abraham, and TE-Crumpler)...they have a lot of holes to fill, starting at QB...Miami will improve, but they are a mess also. Carolina could be better if Delhomme returns, but this was the first season that DeShaun Foster (their primary RB has been healthy) and the only real impact players they have are (DE Peppers and WR Steve Smith.)

The Chiefs need some things to go right, LJ's foot has to heal (his salary would essentially prohibit a trade), they need a good OT in the 1st round and a good Center in the 2nd. I guard in Free Agency to go along with Waters, would give them a sold line. Then all they need is 1 good cover corner and the biggest holes are filled. So by my count you could reasonable expect a 4-5 game swing with the addition of 4 good players, and LJ returning to health. LJ with a good offensive line is a good back. Call him overrated, and I won't argue, but just like Alexander in Seattle, when he has blockers he tears up defenses.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

We will improve by at least 2 wins next year. Possibly 4... I'm going to go ahead and say 8-8.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast