Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL Top 100, down to the top 10 and no Derrick Thomas

Default NFL Top 100, down to the top 10 and no Derrick Thomas

If you haven't been following NFL Network's top 100 players, they are down to the top 10. This could either be really good or really bad. As a Chiefs' homer, I could definitely see Derrick Thomas in the top 10. On the other hand, if he's not in the top 10 then that means he didn't even make the top 100! I would call shenanigans if that is the case and probably never watch that damned channel again because they would have no credibility!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Truth is that the best pure football player that ever played was Bobby Bell. He could play LB, DE, TE, Center, was the Chiefs emergency QB, and was the Chiefs long-snapper on punts & place-kicks. He was also a threat to score when he got his hands on the ball and scored many TD's on returns in his career.
    REP!!!! REP!!!! REP!!!!

So I'm wondering now...did Bobby make the so called "Top 100"?? hmmmmm

I do my part with letting younger generation football fans know who Bobby Bell is too!! LOL What amazes me however, is the younger generation Chiefs fans who don't know who Bobby Bell is!! How in the hell can you be a genuine Chiefs fan and not know who Bobby Bell is, or the Chiefs history for that matter?

I'm no doubt bias, but I just think a genuine fan should know who the most outstanding legendary players were over the years! These are the men who paved the way to make the game what it is today. They played back in the day there weren't all the rules to protect from injuries, make their job less tough, & so on. It wasn't about the money for them, it was truly about their love for the game!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    REP!!!! REP!!!! REP!!!!

I do my part with letting younger generation football fans know who Bobby Bell is too!! LOL What amazes me however, is the younger generation Chiefs fans who don't know who Bobby Bell is!! How in the hell can you be a genuine Chiefs fan and not know who Bobby Bell is, or the Chiefs history for that matter?

I'm no doubt bias, but I just think a genuine fan should know who the most outstanding legendary players were over the years! These are the men who paved the way to make the game what it is today. They played back in the day there weren't all the rules to protect from injuries, make their job less tough, & so on. It wasn't about the money for them, it was truly about their love for the game!!
    Bobby Bell was #69

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    Bobby Bell was #69
    You threw me there for a second! I was ready to give you a jersey number history on Bobby Bell!

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

You threw me there for a second! I was ready to give you a jersey number history on Bobby Bell!

It's all good

I guess I could have said it a little better.

Resident Celebrity

I thought maybe you had the legendary Chiefs year of 1969 on your thoughts, rather than jersey #...then realized you were being funny, LOL.

I thought maybe you had the legendary Chiefs year of 1969 on your thoughts, rather than jersey #...then realized you were being funny, LOL.
    Well he actually was #69 on the top 100. Personally I thought that was about right for him.. I wish Derrick Thomas had made the list.

Resident Celebrity

REP!!!! REP!!!! REP!!!!

I'll tell you what, if Bobby Bell isn't on that list, then they can take that list and insert it into a small, narrow opening that never sees the light of the moon -- if you get my drift.

Okay...how well do you know your Bobby Bell history, huh? Why is #73 on this Bobby Bell jersey displayed at Arrowheads Hall of Honor?

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    Well he actually was #69 on the top 100. Personally I thought that was about right for him.. I wish Derrick Thomas had made the list.
    OH!! Heck, I'm slow, haha. I thought you were being funny saying Bobby's jersey # was 69, related to my whining about younger fans not knowing their Chiefs player history, lol...but you're saying he was #69 on the list, hahaha. DUH!! He was #66 on a list I looked at, but might not have been the same top 100 list.

Okay...how well do you know your Bobby Bell history, huh? Why is #73 on this Bobby Bell jersey displayed at Arrowheads Hall of Honor?
    That I believe was the jersey he wore as a member of the College All-Star team that defeated the GB Packers 20-17 in 1963 ( I'm pretty sure Buck Buchanan played in that game as well ) in the annual College All-Stars vs the defending World Champion game that always kicked off the pre-season. The game was disbanded after the 1976 season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast