Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possibility of KC hosting a Superbowl?

Default Possibility of KC hosting a Superbowl?

Currently, I'm in Dallas for a few weeks and this city will host Superbowl 45 in Feb 2011 and will be the first time that DFW hosts a Superbowl. (ofc talk of the town/ESPN is how the Cowboys are choking big time, unlikely to make it to become first team in NFL history to play superbowl in its home stadium, but thats another issue)

So was looking at future Superbowl hosting cities 46 is IND, 47 is in NOLA, 48 is in some stadium in NJ, which is a completely open stadium.

I remember KC voters turning down some tax increase to put a retractable roof on Arrowhead, which according to Wikipedia, NFL was going to award Superbowl 49 in 2015 to KC provided it had a roof!

So is there still plans to try to put up a roof on Arrowhead? Or how likely is NFL willing to host a Superbowl in a fully open stadium?

Would be totally awesome to see Superbowl come to KC...and by 2015 hopefully our team will have matured and be considered as much of a Superbowl contender as Steelers/Colts/Pats/etc.

I don't know what the remaining odds are to host the big game. But I do think the NFL should realize well over half their fans live in areas which are accustomed to winter weather.

Sure it's nice to have a vacation in Florida but many of my favorite games have been in weather. Sure it's a risk, but their intelligent I'm sure they could come up with some back-up plans if the weather were to be too crazy.

This is not just in regards to KC, apologies to go off topic somewhat.

IMO EVERY STADIUM , EVERY GAME, EVERY TIME SHOULD BE OPEN AIR! It's how the game began years ago...and I personally hate the closed stadiums. If you're too big of a Baby to brave the elements, than stay you @$$ home!

(just my 2 cents...obviously....never gonna be that way)
    **ChiefsChick**

Quote Originally Posted by GlennBree View Post
    IMO EVERY STADIUM , EVERY GAME, EVERY TIME SHOULD BE OPEN AIR! It's how the game began years ago...and I personally hate the closed stadiums. If you're too big of a Baby to brave the elements, than stay you @$$ home!

haha, totally agree. True grid iron game.

But with how popular the NFL is, tickets are quite expensive even for reg season, let alone Superbowl. So for the Big Game it's basically a big gathering of posh, wealthy celebs and people who can afford the time/money to travel there. They're not even used to exposing their Mercedes to light rain let alone their own bodies to the outside elements!

But as I said, the Jersey Shore Superbowl is supposedly a completely open stadium so we'll see.

Maybe the local govt is working on putting up another tax proposal to put up a roof on arrowhead.

I hope I never live to see the day they put a roof on Arrowhead. All the stadiums selling the naming rights makes me sick as well. Hopefully the tradition of our stadium isn't for sale just to host a superbowl.

I agree. the elements are part of the game. The big game to decide who wins it all should not be any diffrent.

Can you imagine how loud it would be if they put a roof over Arrowhead? LOL
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by ginmqi View Post
    Currently, I'm in Dallas for a few weeks and this city will host Superbowl 45 in Feb 2011 and will be the first time that DFW hosts a Superbowl. (ofc talk of the town/ESPN is how the Cowboys are choking big time, unlikely to make it to become first team in NFL history to play superbowl in its home stadium, but thats another issue)

So was looking at future Superbowl hosting cities 46 is IND, 47 is in NOLA, 48 is in some stadium in NJ, which is a completely open stadium.

I remember KC voters turning down some tax increase to put a retractable roof on Arrowhead, which according to Wikipedia, NFL was going to award Superbowl 49 in 2015 to KC provided it had a roof!

So is there still plans to try to put up a roof on Arrowhead? Or how likely is NFL willing to host a Superbowl in a fully open stadium?

Would be totally awesome to see Superbowl come to KC...and by 2015 hopefully our team will have matured and be considered as much of a Superbowl contender as Steelers/Colts/Pats/etc.
    THe last word I had heard was that no Stadium that could possibly have inclimate whether conditions would host a Superbowl. That meant all northern cities, unless they were a dome.

Then they announced the game will be played in New Jersey and then they said they will do it on a case-by-case basis. They said that consideration on who would get a bowl game would be based on the infrastructure in the city.

I kind of took that to mean that Fly-over cities need not apply.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

...said the girl in Sunny warmTexas!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I think they should throw all 31 stadiums in a hat and than randomly choose the city to host the Superbowl each year. Than once that stadium is chosen, they than have the option to sell the rights to the Superbowl before that season starts.

Also after a team was randomly chosen to host the Superbowl, I would remove their name from the drawing for next year, until all cities have had a chance to host the big game.

This away everything is fair and done completely randomly. No one would have a right to complain.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast