Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food for thought on Manning and the Broncos..

Default Food for thought on Manning and the Broncos..

I posted this on Orangemane.com.....I think I just stirred the hornet's nest over there.....what are your thoughts?

13 years as a Colt, Manning went the SB twice and won once. He had a better supporting cast in Indy than he does in Den. What are the odds the Broncos go win the Super Bowl, let alone go to one in the 3-4 years(max 5)he plays in Den. NFL history is not on Denver's side, how many Super Bowl winning QB's have gone to another team and won the SB with their new team? Zero. This is not "Bronco Bashing" just food for thought.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

It's still 2006 in Colorado. The donk fans I've interacted with are going to have to be put on suicide watch if/when Manning has trouble, they seriously think they're the best team in the AFC.

I get Colts games as my market, having seen most of them in the past 10-11 years I can tell you without a doubt he has slowly declined between 2006-2010. Pre everything else. Is he the best QB in our division? Sure. Is he on the best team? Absolutely not.

For the most part, all Den fans see is Manning at QB. They still have a weak OL, an average at best running game, a D that has trouble stopping the run, and (aside from Bailey) below average DB's. Manning solves all this?

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

According to them yes. Believe it or not the truly think that. Just don't ask them why Tebow had to scramble so much behind their dominant O line it makes their head hurt.

LOL I just read that thread it's funny to see there reaction you asked superbowl winning they couldn't give one and got mad about it gotta love donkey fans
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    LOL I just read that thread it's funny to see there reaction you asked superbowl winning they couldn't give one and got mad about it gotta love donkey fans
    SMH....they have nothing left but to keep doing their meth and whacky tabacky...hide under their bed and drink pee. Wow

(Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    SMH....they have nothing left but to keep doing their meth and whacky tabacky...hide under their bed and drink pee. Wow
    The best part is the tebow sucks thread LOL funny how fast they change there tune
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

So I went to see what all the hubub was about and found this gem. If you didnt believe they are living in the past heres the proof. 1:13 = 3:13? So the 3 years he plays there doesn't count tword the total, just his time in Indy right?

Exhibit A

what are the odds that any team wins a superbowl? all things being equal, it averages 1:32, right? It's pretty steep to begin with.

What are the odds that Manning can win a superbowl in a given season? Based on past history, it's 1:13. Therefore the odds of Denver winning a superbowl within the next 3 years is 3:13, or just shy of 25%.

I'll take those odds, especially given the 0:infinity odds facing the raiders.

Durp!

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    So I went to see what all the hubub was about and found this gem. If you didnt believe they are living in the past heres the proof. 1:13 = 3:13? So the 3 years he plays there doesn't count tword the total, just his time in Indy right?

Exhibit A

what are the odds that any team wins a superbowl? all things being equal, it averages 1:32, right? It's pretty steep to begin with.

What are the odds that Manning can win a superbowl in a given season? Based on past history, it's 1:13. Therefore the odds of Denver winning a superbowl within the next 3 years is 3:13, or just shy of 25%.

I'll take those odds, especially given the 0:infinity odds facing the raiders.

Durp!

LMAO that is great
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The best part is the tebow sucks thread LOL funny how fast they change there tune
    A couple weeks ago when Manning threw interceptions, didn't play well at all...the Donkey fans began chanting to bring Tebow back, LOL. By a majority, Donkey fans have to be some of the most fairweather or bandwagon fans I've ever encountered!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast