Sunday, September 29, 12:00 CDT
    at
    Arrowhead Stadium

Kansas City, Missouri

Television coverage:

NFL Network

Watch online:

***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    McCluster had a great game today! Not just the return but he had a damn good game receiving as well. Like most here, I was a c-hair away from giving up on him. And then he has a great game. IMO it's all on Reid. He's experimenting. Mixing and matching. Seeing what he can get out of the players he has. And I think he has to be really excited about what he has. 4 wins. No losses and a different hero (or bunch of heroes) every week. Reid is going to get us some playoff wins.....and probably a Superbowl appearance. Probably not this year......but SOON....REAL SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE CHIEFS ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The problem for Reid was a burnout in Philly and things went stale. He correctly assessed what went wrong in Philly and realized that trying to a coach and handle player personnel was too much & decided that in KC he would focus on just coaching and leave the administration to John Dorsey and his people. And what a difference it has made for Andy !!

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    looking to next week. i just found out Titans QB Jake Locker was carted off today with a hip injury. doubtful we'll see him

story
    ---------------

Dammit!!!!!! Just another excuse the know-it-alls will use to explain away why we go 5-0! NO RESPECT!

also in steelerland (0-4) there are grumblings about Haley's conservative play calling. could be melee mouth is on his way out???
    Dammit!!!!!! Just another excuse the know-it-alls will use to explain away why we go 5-0! NO RESPECT!

I would not underestimate Locker's backup, Ryan Fitzpatrick. He's beaten the Chiefs in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I would not underestimate Locker's backup, Ryan Fitzpatrick. He's beaten the Chiefs in the past.
    You're certainly correct, but for tonight I'm just enoying the win. I'll start actually paying attention to Titans tomorrow! For tonight I bask in the glory of being 4-0 and 3-0 vs the NNFC East.

You're certainly correct, but for tonight I'm just enoying the win. I'll start actually paying attention to Titans tomorrow! For tonight I bask in the glory of being 4-0 and 3-0 vs the NNFC East.
    Actually, I'll enjoy the Chiefs win for the next couple of days, as my days off are Monday and Tuesday. If somebody had told me some time ago that the Chiefs were going to score a 31-7 victory over the Giants, I would have told them they were full of crap. But, it is a reality now & I'm going to enjoy to to the hilt.

Actually, I'll enjoy the Chiefs win for the next couple of days, as my days off are Monday and Tuesday. If somebody had told me some time ago that the Chiefs were going to score a 31-7 victory over the Giants, I would have told them they were full of crap. But, it is a reality now & I'm going to enjoy to to the hilt.
    Exactly! I expect the Titans to be tough. And every time we win, the odds of us winning again become longer. And I think everybody knows we are not going to go undefeated. But I surely am enjoying this run!!!!

Exactly! I expect the Titans to be tough. And every time we win, the odds of us winning again become longer. And I think everybody knows we are not going to go undefeated. But I surely am enjoying this run!!!!
    Hank Stram once said "winning breeds winning". We are seeing that with this squad this year.

Hank Stram once said "winning breeds winning". We are seeing that with this squad this year.
    It's true.......and Andy Reid breeds winning too.

This could be a costly win with the injuries to Colquitt and Fisher, but a great win nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    looking to next week. i just found out Titans QB Jake Locker was carted off today with a hip injury. doubtful we'll see him

story
    ---------------

also in steelerland (0-4) there are grumblings about Haley's conservative play calling. could be melee mouth is on his way out???
    I know...was wondering if anyone else out there in Chiefs land caught that one, too. To make matters more interesting, the name of the QB that lit up his team was Matt Cassel. Here's a copy of the recap from Sporting news...

By MATTIAS KAREN , AP Sports Writer
    LONDON (AP) In the city of Big Ben, it was Greg Jennings and Adrian Peterson who proved to be the biggest attractions.
    That means Ben Roethlisberger is leaving London with the Pittsburgh Steelers off to their worst start since 1968 - and with only the faintest of hopes of making the playoffs.
    Jennings made two touchdown catches, Peterson ran for two scores and the Vikings' defense made a big stop with time running out to preserve a 34-27 win over the Steelers on Sunday for their first win of the season.
    Playing at London's Wembley Stadium as part of the NFL's annual International Series, Everson Griffen stripped Roethlisberger of the ball on the 6-yard line with 19 seconds left and Kevin Williams recovered the fumble to seal the victory.
    In one of the most entertaining games at Wembley yet, Jennings made a 70-yard catch-and-run for a touchdown and Peterson had a 60-yard score to offset two scores by Pittsburgh rookie running back Le'Veon Bell and give Minnesota (1-3) some hope of turning its season around.
    The Steelers fell to 0-4 for the first time in 45 years.
    Vikings quarterback Matt Cassel, starting in place of the injured Christian Ponder, finished 16 of 25 for 248 yards and two touchdowns. Peterson ran for 140 yards on 23 carries and Jennings finally showed off his playmaking ability in his best game yet with the Vikings, finishing with 92 yards on three receptions.
    Roethlisberger again received little help from his offensive line as he faced constant pressure and was sacked five times. He finished 36 for 51 for 383 yards, with one touchdown and one interception.
    This was a game both teams desperately needed to win in order to get momentum heading into their bye weeks. No team has reached the playoffs after an 0-4 start since the San Diego Chargers in 1992.
    But with two winless teams traveling to London, there were some fears that the British crowd would be treated to a bit of a dud. This game was anything but.
    Jennings provided the biggest highlight when he caught a short pass from Cassel in the first quarter, broke two tackles and ran for the 70-yard score to put Minnesota up 10-0. It was his first TD reception since joining from the Green Bay Packers in the offseason, and he added a second on a 16-yard catch in the third that extended the lead to 34-17.
    Peterson didn't want to be outdone, breaking through a large hole for his 60-yard run in the second quarter and adding a 7-yard TD in the third. On both plays, he received blocking from fullback Jerome Felton, who made his return from a three-game suspension.
    Pittsburgh made sure it was a tense finish, however, with Jerricho Cotchery catching a 15-yard touchdown pass in the fourth quarter and Shaun Suisham making a 28-yard field goal to make it a one-possession game with 3:40 left.
    The Steelers got the ball back on their own 22-yard line with 1:43 left and no timeouts, and Roethlisberger completed six passes to get a first-and-goal at the 6. But after spiking the ball, he overthrew Cotchery in the end zone and was stripped on the next play.
    The Steelers are still looking for their first turnover of the season, as they failed to recover Cassel's fumble on the Vikings 38 in the second quarter, with the ball bouncing forward before being recovered by Jerome Simpson for a 10-yard gain.
    Cassel was lucky not to be intercepted on the first drive when he overthrew Cordarrelle Patterson in the end zone, but cornerback IkeTaylor couldn't hold on to the ball. He finished the game without a turnover - something Ponder has struggled with this season - possibly giving head coach Leslie Frazier something to think about during the bye week.
    Bell was making his long-awaited debut for the Steelers after a foot injury, and gave the team its first rushing touchdowns of the season. He broke off to the right for an 8-yard score to make it 10-7, somersaulting into the end zone, and again pulled Pittsburgh within 3 by plowing in from the 1-yard line in the third quarter.
    The second score was set up by a 48-yard pass interference penalty against cornerback Josh Robinson that made it first-and-goal from the 1.
    ---