Thread: Anyone else think Schottenheimer would bring more respect to KC?

Default Anyone else think Schottenheimer would bring more respect to KC?

Iam not saying Iam against Haley, but he has made some inexperienced calls that a tenured coach wouldnt have.

Marty screwed up when he benched Gannon for Grbac, but as fans our teams each year were in the hunt each year. I think Marty learned alot and SD was wrong in letting him go.

It stinks because I really liked Haley, but I worry that he isn't ready....

Quote Originally Posted by King_of_the_Cassel View Post
    Iam not saying Iam against Haley, but he has made some inexperienced calls that a tenured coach wouldnt have.

Marty screwed up when he benched Gannon for Grbac, but as fans our teams each year were in the hunt each year. I think Marty learned alot and SD was wrong in letting him go.

He had his chance give Haley his

Quote Originally Posted by King_of_the_Cassel View Post

As much as I don't like Haley, and I REALLY don't like him. Marty was really a pretty bad coach at times.

Marty has a problem in big games, when the game is on the line, he makes horrible decisions in those circumstances. He did it in KC and it cost him his job in San Diego. I truly do believe that Marty is a much better day to day coach than Haley is, but Marty is not the answer.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Marty's way too conservative of a coach to have any sort of success with a team like ours.

Probably a bad day to make this statement but I would rather have Shanahan than Marty.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    As much as I don't like Haley, and I REALLY don't like him. Marty was really a pretty bad coach at times.

Marty has a problem in big games, when the game is on the line, he makes horrible decisions in those circumstances. He did it in KC and it cost him his job in San Diego. I truly do believe that Marty is a much better day to day coach than Haley is, but Marty is not the answer.
    Well, he said before his final game as Chargers HC that he was removing himself from the offensive play-calling. And that certainly didn't look like his play-calling to me.

He was removed in SD because the front office didn't like him. There was never any secret to that.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Probably a bad day to make this statement but I would rather have Shanahan than Marty.
    Any day that you want to this team to be the scum of the earth is a bad day.

I'd rather remain in the draft-position hunt with The Lions.

Shanahan and his complete lack of morality are completely unwelcome.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    ...I'd rather remain in the draft-position hunt with The Lions.

Shanahan and his complete lack of morality are completely unwelcome.

I'm curious. What lack of morality are you referring to? Because a Chiefs team coached by Mike Shanahan would be on my list of worst case scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Azteca View Post
    I'm curious. What lack of morality are you referring to? Because a Chiefs team coached by Mike Shanahan would be on my list of worst case scenarios.
    His blocking philosophy.

He was so aware of how dangerous that cut-blocking is that he never allowed it in practice.

And, seeing as how the players didn't get to practice it, the risk was even greater to opponents' health.

Oh that whole cut block thing? I thought you were talking about the time we took Dale Carter off your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Azteca View Post
    Oh that whole cut block thing? I thought you were talking about the time we took Dale Carter off your hands.
    Nah. Him and Neil Smith sucked!

It was the blatant disregard for players' health and overall lack of sportsmanship that turned me against him.