Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dwayne Bowe is under performing...

Default Dwayne Bowe is under performing...

He has all the talent in the world, but he misses some easy passes it seems every week. With this team at 1-5 ou would think he would play with more intensity than he does now.

Also, trade Sean Ryan now...

Quote Originally Posted by King_of_the_Cassel View Post
    He has all the talent in the world, but he misses some easy passes it seems every week. With this team at 1-5 ou would think he would play with more intensity than he does now.

The entire team - from the coaching staff on down - is underperforming.
    SHUT IT

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    He's inconsistent but potential is still there. I'm not sure what you guys expect of him right now though, this team is god awful. Yesterday was a perfect example, he drops an easy ball where he probably would have scored, and ends up getting boo'ed. He then bounces back on a ballsy 4 and 1 call from the 7 to make one of the best TD catches we've had in a long while on a slightly overthrown ball. If you guys want to ride him, that's fine but he's hardly the bulk of the problems.

First, if you want him to succeed to the way we think he can, he needs a lot of help. He needs a running game to open up the passing game. Play calling needs to improve, it's pretty difficult to get any kind of production from him when he's running short routes into tight coverage. We need more targets for Cassel so we can get more downfield 1 on 1 coverage plays, his athletic freak nature will come out then. Speaking of Cassel, he needs to step it up pretty bad. I know it's hard to get any sort of confidence when you're constantly on the ground, suffering dropped balls, ect. But overthrowing targets, hitting the wrong shoulder, putting balls nowhere near a red jersey, ect. as much as he does and as badly as he did yesterday isn't helping anybody.

Oh, and if you guys are still hard on Bowe, we should get rid of Wade and especially Ryan (lets kill our QB's confidence even more by falling for a ball that hit me right in the numbers just to try and save it but fail worse at that, putting the defense in horrible position yet again)

On the defensive side of the ball I'd be happy with starting over completely, keeping only Hali, Mayes, Carr, Flowers (love/hate), Dorsey (for how hard people are on him, at least he's been getting down and dirty in the running game consistently, more than can said for 3/4 DE prototype Jackson), and DJ (who for being a lazy bum guided our D to some incredible stops. I'm not sure why he isn't in, he makes plays, he doesn't miss tackles, he looked like an emotional leader yesterday, ect.)

Man that was exhausting, time to enter top 3 pick/bring back the Chin petition mode.
    Nice post!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by King_of_the_Cassel View Post

The capital of Canada is Ottawa.

I don't know if Bowe is underperforming, but he sure is dropping a LOT of passes thrown his way. He's still scoring touchdowns and catching passes and getting yards.

So he's performing. Imagine how well he'd be doing if he had sticky hands.

I'm not sure that he trusts Cassell. I think he hears footsteps and loses his concentration. I've seen a few plays in the last couple weeks where he has had drops because there was a defender getting ready to lay a good hit on him. He's not willing to give up the body.

While I agree he is under preforming I still wouldn't want him on any other team.

I think he will improve, he and much like some of the rest of the team, are not adjusting to the new coaching methods.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    he and much like some of the rest of the team, are not adjusting to the new coaching methods.
    Coaching methods shouldn't affect his ability to catch a ball that hits him in the hands. I like Bowe. I just wish he was more consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Coaching methods shouldn't affect his ability to catch a ball that hits him in the hands. I like Bowe. I just wish he was more consistent.
    I dont know about that coach, you get use to the way someone teaches you something and you like it. Then all of the sudden someone is put in there who you dont know or dont do there way as well.

Someone now is teaching him a different way than he is use to and it seems he is getting worse.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I dont know about that coach, you get use to the way someone teaches you something and you like it. Then all of the sudden someone is put in there who you dont know or dont do there way as well.

Someone now is teaching him a different way than he is use to and it seems he is getting worse.
    Bowe dropping balls isn't anything that just started happening this season.

Eagles fans often speak highly of DBowe to me. It appears that he's viewed pretty favorably by non-Chiefs fans who don't follow them as closely as we do.

Yes there is the dropped passes and inconsistencies, though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast