Jacksonville Jaguars

Sunday, September 8, Noon CDT
    at
    EverBank Field

Television coverage:
    CBS

Watch online:

***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    exactly. Everyone needs to stop the name calling and focus on the matter at hand. The Chiefs played an excellent game today. What a great start to the season!
    I don't understand how anyone is upset about the game. Yes the Jags are not good. But the bottom line is this team went to anther NFL teams place and BLEW THEM OUT. Look at Indy they were at home against someone whos just as bad and almost lost. And they were a playoff team. There's 0 Reason to be down on this team right now. They are 1-0 and are coming off a 26 point beatdown. Is there room for imporovement yes but you can say that about Every team in the NFL.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    My game ball goes to Dontari Poe as he repeatedly clogged the line of scrimmage, had 5 tackles and looked dominate. Finally, a high first round D-Line pick that's playing up to his draft status.
    Absolutely, and although the offense still needs some much needed work there were some offensive positives!

Red zone offense punched it in, Succop kicked PATs not FGs.

Zero turnovers although we did come close a few times.

It is something the offense can build on.

Defensively we played lights out, but the offense we faced did not exactly provide a litmus test.

Overall, it's a big win and I'm happy about that.

Should the Patriots be happy with that win against another horrible team and they are possible Superbowl favorites...shut up negative Nancy's because that is what you are...*****ing women...save it for a game they don't play well and then you will at least have a leg to stand on...just enjoy the moment...*****es

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    A win doesn't mean the QB played well. By the standard you are setting with Geno's performance today, you should've been Tim Tebow's biggest fan. If they had counted the number of yards Geno ran backwards today, he probably would've passed 100 yards on the day. His 60% completion rate and 6 yards per att. must be extremely frustrating to you... especially when most of his yardage came from screen plays. Isn't this the exact thing you hated about Alex Smith? Careful... your hypocrisy is showing...

Well there is a learning curve for a rookie. You wouldn't think they would come out and run a Peyton Manning style offense. You seem to be unable to comprehend the difference between someone who is a veteran in the league, has talent around him vs. a rookie who made his first start and has very little talent around him.

You should also know that YPA doesn't mean anything, but YPC certainly does. Geno had a better YPC than Smith today, he also threw for more yards.

You're upset because Geno came in and played well today in his very first start, and it's showing. I wanted to talk about the Chiefs today, not Geno. You were the one who brought him up.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 09-08-2013 at 08:47 PM.

I don't think that it so much about the win but that people are crowning them. Or that someone like myself simply says that it wasn't that impressive nd I don't expect much this season and I am looking forward to next year. Then they start bashing me and name calling and even using aliases to do so..just pathetic. The guy that was bashing me then a few posts after thus infraction his other account that hasn't even posted since last year bashes me? He just didn't want to get the everyday account banned.

Wwhatever. I love my chiefs heck my whole calf is kc chiefs tat. I look forward to our growth.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Coming into this season, the Jags were expected to be in the running for the first pick in next year's draft. The Chiefs have been up 3 TDs since the first quarter. Do y'all think the Chiefs are showing everything on offense... especially since the Jags have JUST crossed the 50 for the first time all day? Could the effeciency be a little better on offense? Sure. But this is the first game of the season and the play-calling has been pretty conservative the entire 2nd half.

Leave it to some on this board to STILL be complaining with a 26pt lead in the 4th quarter of the 1st game, a season AFTER which the Chiefs only won 2 games.

PERSPECTIVE.
    More or less this, go ahead and arm chair quarterback the team to your liking like it'll amount to anything or anyone else really giving two craps about your obnoxious opinion, I'm still enjoying this game so much I just took the rest of the day off from the NFL schedule, who cares who else wins!
    Last edited by KristofLaw; 09-08-2013 at 09:01 PM.
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Well there is a learning curve for a rookie. You wouldn't think they would come out and run a Peyton Manning style offense. You seem to be unable to comprehend the difference between someone who is a veteran in the league, has talent around him vs. a rookie who made his first start and has very little talent around him.

You should also know that YPA doesn't mean anything, but YPC certainly does. Geno had a better YPC than Smith today, he also threw for more yards.

You're upset because Geno came in and played well today in his very first start, and it's showing. I wanted to talk about the Chiefs today, not Geno. You were the one who brought him up.
    And Alex Smith threw for more tds and didn't turn the ball over. And while Geno had a 50% red Zone efficiency Alex had 100% red zone efficiency once again you only give the numbers that suit your opinion and left the other half of the story out.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I said he didn't play well. He looked pretty good today.
    Alright....it needs to be said. The lowly Jets won the game with Geno Smith at QB. Can't deny it. I can't say he looked impressive, but when everything is said and done the Jets won the game and Geno managed not to lose it. But I haven't seen anything from him that makes me wish we had used the first pick in the draft on Geno rather than Fisher. Not by a long shot.

Well I didn't bring up Geno Smith, Texaschief did.
    So be the bigger man and cut the crap out. This is a CHIEFS BOARD.....not a Geno board or a MMH board. I've already said that Geno wasn't a disaster today. So leave it lay. Let's focus on the CHIEFS quarterback who got 3 trips to the Red Zone and scored 3 touchdowns! Lets focus on the CHIEFS defense that put the Jags in a headlock on the opening possesion and never let them breath until the game was over. For ONCE would you please start acting like a CHIEFS FAN???????????

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Alright....it needs to be said. The lowly Jets won the game with Geno Smith at QB. Can't deny it. I can't say he looked impressive, but when everything is said and done the Jets won the game and Geno managed not to lose it. But I haven't seen anything from him that makes me wish we had used the first pick in the draft on Geno rather than Fisher. Not by a long shot.

Well, if you would rather have a game manager as a qb then that is your decision. I would much rather take the risk on drafting a quarterback and try to develop him. I am just tired of the retread qbs we get. Our goal should be to build a championship team, not set the bar at 8-8 like our own gm did when we acquired Alex Smith.

The defense looks boss (despite it being jax), we have weapons on offense. It really comes down to Alex Smith, if the d produces there is no reason we shouldn't win less than 9 games this year.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 09-08-2013 at 10:16 PM.