Jacksonville Jaguars

Sunday, September 8, Noon CDT
    at
    EverBank Field

Television coverage:
    CBS

Watch online:

***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    So be the bigger man and cut the crap out. This is a CHIEFS BOARD.....not a Geno board or a MMH board. I've already said that Geno wasn't a disaster today. So leave it lay. Let's focus on the CHIEFS quarterback who got 3 trips to the Red Zone and scored 3 touchdowns! Lets focus on the CHIEFS defense that put the Jags in a headlock on the opening possesion and never let them breath until the game was over. For ONCE would you please start acting like a CHIEFS FAN???????????

Ok, no one bring him up and I won't talk about him anymore. I would prefer to talk about the Chiefs but for some reason TexasChief can't let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Well, if you would rather have a game manager as a qb then that is your decision. I would much rather take the risk on drafting a quarterback and try to develop him. I am just tired of the retread qbs we get. Our goal should be to build a championship team, not set the bar at 8-8 like our own gm did when we acquired Alex Smith.

The defense looks boss (despite it being jax), we have weapons on offense. It really comes down to Alex Smith, if the d produces there is no reason we shouldn't win less than 9 games this year.
    You're acting like Dorsey shares your view of Smith. He doesn't he didn't get Smith to go 8-8 he got Smith because he thinks he can win with him and so does Reid.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Ok, no one bring him up and I won't talk about him anymore. I would prefer to talk about the Chiefs but for some reason TexasChief can't let it go.
    Try simply telling him the simple truth that Bray looked like the QBOFT in the 4th pre-season game that many were hoping to get from the 2013 class & that Bray performed in that game better than any rookie QB ever has in a Chiefs preseason in their history & that Geno has nothing on Bray when it comes to being able to throw that football & I'll bet texaschief won't mention anything about Geno again.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    You're acting like Dorsey shares your view of Smith. He doesn't he didn't get Smith to go 8-8 he got Smith because he thinks he can win with him and so does Reid.

The agreement was that if we go 8-8, then, we trade an additional second to SF. Dorsey is saying by doing this if we do get to 8-8 then the trade was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Try simply telling him the simple truth that Bray looked like the QBOFT in the 4th pre-season game that many were hoping to get from the 2013 class & that Bray performed in that game better than any rookie QB ever has in a Chiefs preseason in their history & that Geno has nothing on Bray when it comes to being able to throw that football & I'll bet texaschief won't mention anything about Geno again.

Geno has a cannon for an arm as does Bray. Bray isn't a starter, Geno is. In fact, Bray isn't even a backup. Geno played well today and helped his team to a win in his first start.

Anyway, I don't want to talk about Geno since he isn't part of the Chiefs. I get lectured over and over for talking about other non chief players.

The agreement was that if we go 8-8, then, we trade an additional second to SF. Dorsey is saying by doing this if we do get to 8-8 then the trade was worth it.
    You're only looking at this season a NFL Gm has to look at more then the here and Now. They think that Smith will be a good QB for them for years to come. And if he jumps on a 2-14 team and the win total mutliplies by 4 which is hard to do in the NFL this year then that's a HUGE step in the right direction. You don't go from 2-14 to superbowl champs overnight. While this team might have had better then 2-14 talent the fact is this team was 2-14 last season. setting the bar at 4xs the win total from a year ago is a pretty big step.

And lets say we do go 8-8 this year ok then next year we get to the playoffs and WIN finally win that playoff game I think the trade would be worth it. This is not a make or break season for Reid,Dorsey,Smith. They will at the very least get 1 more year. They will get the chance next year to make that trade worth it.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    You're only looking at this season a NFL Gm has to look at more then the here and Now. They think that Smith will be a good QB for them for years to come. And if he jumps on a 2-14 team and the win total mutliplies by 4 which is hard to do in the NFL this year then that's a HUGE step in the right direction. You don't go from 2-14 to superbowl champs overnight. While this team might have had better then 2-14 talent the fact is this team was 2-14 last season. setting the bar at 4xs the win total from a year ago is a pretty big step.

And lets say we do go 8-8 this year ok then next year we get to the playoffs and WIN finally win that playoff game I think the trade would be worth it. This is not a make or break season for Reid,Dorsey,Smith. They will at the very least get 1 more year. They will get the chance next year to make that trade worth it.

You and I both know we aren't a 2-14 team, Jax is a 2-14 team. We won the division in 10, were one game away in 11 and then had Romeo and Daboll in command in 12.

Geno has a cannon for an arm as does Bray. Bray isn't a starter, Geno is. In fact, Bray isn't even a backup. Geno played well today and helped his team to a win in his first start.
    Geno is a starter by default because they have nobody else with Sanchez being hurt & the Jets won today because of sh!thouse luck against a opponent many consider either equal or lesser than the Jets, not because of Geno's stellar play. Bray is being properly groomed to be the QBOTF & who's to say he couldn't have QB'd the Jets to a victory against the Bucs.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Geno is a starter by default because they have nobody else with Sanchez being hurt & the Jets won today because of sh!thouse luck against a opponent many consider either equal or lesser than the Jets, not because of Geno's stellar play. Bray is being properly groomed to be the QBOTF & who's to say he couldn't have QB'd the Jets to a victory against the Bucs.

TB is capable, they have a HELL OF A LOT more weapons on both sides of the ball than the Jets do, that's for sure.

And starting Geno worked out for them today. In fact, the coaches preferred him over Sanchez anyway.

TB is capable, they have a HELL OF A LOT more weapons on both sides of the ball than the Jets do, that's for sure.

And starting Geno worked out for them today. In fact, the coaches preferred him over Sanchez anyway.
    Irrelevant. The Bucs didn't win the game. And it doesn't mean Geno would have any success in KC, if they had drafted him. I'll bet he'd end up going the same route that Stanzi did.