Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please keep you hands and arms inside the ride at all times!!

Arrow Please keep you hands and arms inside the ride at all times!!

How exciting for us this year will be. It already is really. Only we know the pain of being Chiefs fans year after long year. But that' s all about to change.

No, it doesn't mean we're going to win the division or a playoff game or even break .500 this year. But have you REALLY checked out our schedule this year???? You should, it's our best friend.

I know many of you think this schedule is going to damn us this year, but it's not. It's the best thing we have going for us yet.

How so? Easy!! First, remember that all the other AFC West teams play the same hard asses that we do. Oh except, that San Diego has to play Tennessee and we don't lol!! Did I say that out loud?

So for every Superbowl calibre team we play, so does every other AFC West team. Why is that so crucial? Well check out our schedule one more time and reallllllllyyyy look at it closely. Hmm? What's the big deal here? I'll tell you what it is.

It's a picture perfect ride. A fabulous scream roller loop to end our season. Yah!! Think about it. Look at how our schedule is laid out compared to the other AFC WEst teams.

We play all the really tough teams right out the gate. Immediately. Sounds damaging doesn't it? It's not, in fact it's just the opposite. How so? Well after our bi week we have a game or two that will challenge us, but look at our last half of the season. We don't play any playoff calibre teams (ok we have to wait and see on SD). The only team we wrap up with that's even close to being a decent team are the Chargers, but they have Norv and we have Haley. We win!

No other AFC West team except for us will be able to get hot and get on a winning roll. Their sched's are evenly spread out with a winning team here and then a losing team here etc. They will pull of one or two wins here and there but then they face elite teams that they WILL lose to, preventing any kind of run.

However, our last half of the season is against a bunch of mediocre teams. We could conceivably come off a bi week with rested players and some time to regroup and re think things. Then we could get hot and get on a roll and literally win 5 or 6 in a row to end the season. HOW COOL!! We are the ONLY AFC West team that ends their season with a bunch of punk teams to play.

It's the perfect ending to a great story a great ride. We all get beat up in the beginning of our seasons in the AFC West. But while we gain confidence and momentum going into the end of season playoff push, our othe AFC West teams will be playing Tennessee and Pittsburgh. Ha!!

So fellow fans, enjoy the ride, do not feed the animals please and keep your hands and arms inside the ride at all times......HERE WE GOOOOOOOOO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krayfish View Post
    How exciting for us this year will be. It already is really. Only we know the pain of being Chiefs fans year after long year. But that' s all about to change.

No, it doesn't mean we're going to win the division or a playoff game or even break .500 this year. But have you REALLY checked out our schedule this year???? You should, it's our best friend.

I know many of you think this schedule is going to damn us this year, but it's not. It's the best thing we have going for us yet.

How so? Easy!! First, remember that all the other AFC West teams play the same hard asses that we do. Oh except, that San Diego has to play Tennessee and we don't lol!! Did I say that out loud?

So for every Superbowl calibre team we play, so does every other AFC West team. Why is that so crucial? Well check out our schedule one more time and reallllllllyyyy look at it closely. Hmm? What's the big deal here? I'll tell you what it is.

It's a picture perfect ride. A fabulous scream roller loop to end our season. Yah!! Think about it. Look at how our schedule is laid out compared to the other AFC WEst teams.

We play all the really tough teams right out the gate. Immediately. Sounds damaging doesn't it? It's not, in fact it's just the opposite. How so? Well after our bi week we have a game or two that will challenge us, but look at our last half of the season. We don't play any playoff calibre teams (ok we have to wait and see on SD). The only team we wrap up with that's even close to being a decent team are the Chargers, but they have Norv and we have Haley. We win!

No other AFC West team except for us will be able to get hot and get on a winning roll. Their sched's are evenly spread out with a winning team here and then a losing team here etc. They will pull of one or two wins here and there but then they face elite teams that they WILL lose to, preventing any kind of run.

However, our last half of the season is against a bunch of mediocre teams. We could conceivably come off a bi week with rested players and some time to regroup and re think things. Then we could get hot and get on a roll and literally win 5 or 6 in a row to end the season. HOW COOL!! We are the ONLY AFC West team that ends their season with a bunch of punk teams to play.

It's the perfect ending to a great story a great ride. We all get beat up in the beginning of our seasons in the AFC West. But while we gain confidence and momentum going into the end of season playoff push, our othe AFC West teams will be playing Tennessee and Pittsburgh. Ha!!

So fellow fans, enjoy the ride, do not feed the animals please and keep your hands and arms inside the ride at all times......HERE WE GOOOOOOOOO!!
    Not bad, I would say more thought out for your first post than most we get here:

I too think the schedule layout is good for us.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I haven't really thought much about our schedule, was too focused on Canton this summer. Thanks for drawing attention to it, very encouraging!

Well written & thought out post too. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Church_Backfield View Post
    Ya but it doesnt matter how easy the back half is if we tank so badly the first half and our team packs it in
    True, but still...if we have a bad first half, but a good last half...at least we end the season on a happier note, haha. :)

great 1st post. I'm always the optimist and hope you are right.

Nice job Krayfish!

n00bie rep!

Quote Originally Posted by Church_Backfield View Post
    Ya but it doesnt matter how easy the back half is if we tank so badly the first half and our team packs it in
    agree....by the way love the sig

Kray youre def an optimist.

I hope your'e rite.

And i dont mean to be negative nancy. But our schedule is difficult i dont care how you look at it, teh first half anyway.

we do stand a chance tho simply because our division, IMO is the weakest i can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Kray youre def an optimist.

I hope your'e rite.

And i dont mean to be negative nancy. But our schedule is difficult i dont care how you look at it, teh first half anyway.

we do stand a chance tho simply because our division, IMO is the weakest i can remember.
    True, I can remember it being among the toughest.

Talking

AFC West is the weakest. But very soon we will see why the Chiefs are the best in the West... and the AFC.

May take a year though, or two.

Resident Celebrity

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast