Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How good REALLY is denver and KC ???

Default How good REALLY is denver and KC ???

on espn collectively agreed led by herm E and stink that the CHIEFS are only the 3rd or 4th best team in the AFC based on the fact they only played one team w/a winning record so far. however until the loss to the colts the broncs were crowned the undisputed team to represent the afc in the super bowl. well they have only played 2 teams w/winning records and have lost to one of them. the CHIEFS opponents combined record 15-33, the doncs 18-30....not a big difference. I am beginning to think that manning & co. may not be the juggernaut we were led to believe now I am less apprehensive and more excited to see how our CHIEFS fair against them after seeing how they have done against our common opponents. it will be hard for the team to stay focused against the browns and bills with the donks on the horizon, but cleveland should still be a winnable game but I fear the bills in buffalo as a let down/trap game as they look ahead.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

I agree with Doobs. I think the Colts are better than Denver because they beat the Broncos (6-1), Seahawks (6-1) and 49ers (5-2). That is pretty impressive. The Donkys best wins are against the Cowboys (4-3) and Ravens (3-4). The Chiefs haven't played Denver or Indy yet so we really don't know where we stand relative to those two teams. We can look at common opponents and see that the Chiefs obviously have a better defense and Denver has the better offense, but that doesn't really tell us who is better overall.

The good news is that we play both the Broncos (twice) and the Colts so the Chiefs will have a chance to end the debate once and for all. They just haven't done it, yet​.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    If denver got to the playoffs last year 13-3 and started 6-0 without manning....yes they would be talking about them.

I feel like people are forgeting KC went 2-14 last year. Yes they have new coaches and a QB, but they haven't proved much, except the defense is good when the offense doesn't mess up.
    Yeah, but ESPN would be talking about them in a much different light, like they got something annoying caught in their eye.

Most KC fans ARE trying to forget the 2012 season. Enough said. In terms of accomplishment, going from 2-14 to 7-0 in one season is a big deal. Yeah, our offense needs some work, but it's definitely not from lack of trying. It'll take time to build a roster that dominates on both sides of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    If denver got to the playoffs last year 13-3 and started 6-0 without manning....yes they would be talking about them.

I feel like people are forgeting KC went 2-14 last year. Yes they have new coaches and a QB, but they haven't proved much, except the defense is good when the offense doesn't mess up.
    If they didn't have Manning they would still be talked about but not like they are now. This is nothing new, the Colts were handed superbowl after superbowl preseason by the media when he was there.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I agree with Doobs. I think the Colts are better than Denver because they beat the Broncos (6-1), Seahawks (6-1) and 49ers (5-2). That is pretty impressive. The Donkys best wins are against the Cowboys (4-3) and Ravens (3-4). The Chiefs haven't played Denver or Indy yet so we really don't know where we stand relative to those two teams. We can look at common opponents and see that the Chiefs obviously have a better defense and Denver has the better offense, but that doesn't really tell us who is better overall.

The good news is that we play both the Broncos (twice) and the Colts so the Chiefs will have a chance to end the debate once and for all. They just haven't done it, yet​.
    Indy seems to be an up and down team to me. They really controled the game against Denver for the most part. Then they laid an egg on there MNF game. They're a good team and contenders for sure
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

he's there to break all the records. that's why the media attention. lets see how he does after an L and an ankle injury
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post

Most KC fans ARE trying to forget the 2012 season. Enough said. In terms of accomplishment, going from 2-14 to 7-0 in one season is a big deal. Yeah, our offense needs some work, but it's definitely not from lack of trying. It'll take time to build a roster that dominates on both sides of the ball.
    Going from 2-14 to 7-0 is very much a big deal. Regardless of who they've beaten last year they weren't beating ANYONE. They played some bad teams last year to.

The offense isn't great but I tell you I've seen progress from where they were. Alex Smith has yet to really be impressive but he has not been nearly as bad as some fans think. The people who complain about him from what I've seen give him no credit for what he has done with his legs. That's an added weapon to the offense that we haven't seen. Instead of a QB who panics and puts the ball up for grabs Alex can make things happen. He's still working on getting in tune with his WRS people have to understand that going to a new team running a brand new system you're not going to just come in and be an amazing offense. It takes time. By the end of the season this offense could be right where we need it to be.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    on espn collectively agreed led by herm E and stink that the CHIEFS are only the 3rd or 4th best team in the AFC based on the fact they only played one team w/a winning record so far. however until the loss to the colts the broncs were crowned the undisputed team to represent the afc in the super bowl. well they have only played 2 teams w/winning records and have lost to one of them. the CHIEFS opponents combined record 15-33, the doncs 18-30....not a big difference. I am beginning to think that manning & co. may not be the juggernaut we were led to believe now I am less apprehensive and more excited to see how our CHIEFS fair against them after seeing how they have done against our common opponents. it will be hard for the team to stay focused against the browns and bills with the donks on the horizon, but cleveland should still be a winnable game but I fear the bills in buffalo as a let down/trap game as they look ahead.

I don't like those trap games either
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

I have no problem with the medias take on the two teams.

The Donkos have looked amazing, and The Chiefs have sqeaked by a whole lot.

And, lets face it, offense shines brighter than defense. A win with 50 points always garners more attention than a win with 17.

And I remain VERY cautious in my optimism. This is basically the same team that lost 14 games last season. And frequently looks just like that team.

I, for one, don't feel real confident in any game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The offense isn't great but I tell you I've seen progress from where they were. Alex Smith has yet to really be impressive but he has not been nearly as bad as some fans think. The people who complain about him from what I've seen give him no credit for what he has done with his legs. That's an added weapon to the offense that we haven't seen. Instead of a QB who panics and puts the ball up for grabs Alex can make things happen. He's still working on getting in tune with his WRS people have to understand that going to a new team running a brand new system you're not going to just come in and be an amazing offense. It takes time. By the end of the season this offense could be right where we need it to be.
    Very true. A lot of people don't factor in how complex Reid's offense is compared to what we had under Brian Daboll. Past couple of games I've seen Alex take some shots downfield that he didn't earlier in the season. When he runs, he's very north/south, straight line & off he goes. It has improved some, but if the Chiefs can somehow end the silly revolving door at TE, and get a little more consistent play from our WR's, we'll see passing numbers go up, more first downs and better red zone production.

I could care less what the over paid talking heads say. As long as there is a new number in the win column no matter the record of the team beaten is, each win makes this team better. Each win makes this Team stronger.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast