• Wild Card

4 21.05%
  • Divisional

4 21.05%
  • AFC Championship

3 15.79%
  • ALL THE WAY BABY!

7 36.84%
  • Polls are the debil! (I don't know option)

1 5.26%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: How far do we go in the playoffs?

Question How far do we go in the playoffs?

Caution! This is a no Homerism zone, realistic expectations backed up by reason only.

Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Sorry dude! I've already voted. However, I think it is reasonable to expect, at least, a first round win and that is as close to a prediction as you will bring me to.
    Alright, fair enough.

***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Don't let up do you Roy!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Don't let up do you Roy!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Alright, fair enough.

Awe, ain't I cute?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Sorry dude! I've already voted. However, I think it is reasonable to expect, at least, a first round win and that is as close to a prediction as you will bring me to.

i am afraid after todays loss i truly believe we will not make it past the first round....and neither will denver. neither of us have proven that we can beat good teams no less a really good team. denver couldn't beat the CHIEFS w/o all of our mistakes, and we can't stopo making them even against bad teams like the raiders.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Perspective, people....PERSPECTIVE. Each week and each game is a different entity. What happened today doesn't mean jack-$h!t as far as what may happen in the post-season. Just ask the 2011 Giants team about that or the 15-1 Packers team that the Giants so easily dismantled up in GB in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Do think we have a good chance of getting at least one game in the playoffs, but the reality is that we have not put together a full game against good competition. We have the 4th worst strength of victory in the LEAGUE (strength of victory is the record of the opponents that we beat). The only teams with a worse SOV are nowhere near playoff contention. There is a large disparity in our strength of schedule compared to strength of victory, more so than any team near playoff contention. To me, this means our performance against good teams has been poor.

Does that mean we are going to lose? No. But it does mean we need to step it up if we want to go anywhere in the playoffs. It also doesn't help that we haven't had Houston for a lot of the games against good competition.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Perspective, people....PERSPECTIVE. Each week and each game is a different entity. What happened today doesn't mean jack-$h!t as far as what may happen in the post-season. Just ask the 2011 Giants team about that or the 15-1 Packers team that the Giants so easily dismantled up in GB in the 2nd round of the playoffs.
    All true, but to date the perspective has been one of ineffectiveness against playoff caliber teams, and until we can prove otherwise, I fear, that will remain the perspective. Please don't get me wrong, Reid has the team going in the right direction bringing us from the bottom of the basement to the playoffs. No one believed at the start of the season that we would be anywhere near the position we are now, but I think the 9-0 start somewhat skewed realistic expectations and the only thing that will give those kinds of expectations legitimacy now will be that first round win. I hope the Chiefs can bring that expectation to fruition, but I am expecting it less now than I did a week ago. That's just me though.

I can see us winning a game, maybe two, but no further than the AFc champ game. We're not there yet

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345