Kansas City Chiefs (0-1)

vs.
    Bufallo Bills (0-1)

Sunday, September 16, Noon Central Time

at

Ralph Wilson Stadium, Buffalo, NY

on CBS

Watch online:
    FirstRow Watch Live NFL Online. Watch Live NCAA Online. American Football Live Streams
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Great team on paper , besides Cassel imo, but paper obviously doesn't mean S***.
    Preseason, yet again, told the story....

Romeo + Pioli < Belicheck.
    SHUT IT

We need to conciously ask ourselves if we are the hardest of hardcore fans in the NFL or our we just flatout stupid to follow this organization? Ive missed one game since the late 80s and it took a funeral to miss that one, and i just dont know how much longer I can support this team. Unbelievable

At some point, this organization needs to earn our support!

The only downside to getting a new GM, is it's probably another rebuild. Do we go back to a 4-3? Do we stay a 3-4? Ugh, and no hockey to boot. At least my CFL team is doing good :s

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Raise, we have bad management. We just need to go in another direction. Fire Scott Pioli
    I agree. I've had enough of Pioli. He has proven to be totally inept & I can no longer stand his being too gutless to take good O-Line prospects in the 1st round of the NFL draft.

In 2010, they passed on Okung and a chance to get a 2 fold upgrade to the O-Line by putting Okung at LT and moving Albert to LG ( and don't anyone try and tell me that Berry was the right choice -- that's total BS, you don't take a Safety in the top 5, EVER !! Safeties are a dime a dozen & I notice nobody points to Berry's big contract as another reason Carr was not resigned, but it was ).

In 2011, they pass on Carimi and go with Barry Richardson as their RT. Worked out real well, didn't it?

In 2012, they pass on DeCastro and we are seeing both Lilja and Asamoah getting their a$$es whipped at crucial times in games this year.

And don't anyone try using the excuse "those guys all got hurt". It's just a cop out, because there is no way of knowing that they would have gotten hurt, if any of the aforementioned guys had been drafted by the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I agree. I've had enough of Pioli. He has proven to be totally inept & I can no longer stand his being too gutless to take good O-Line prospects in the 1st round of the NFL draft.

In 2010, they passed on Okung and a chance to get a 2 fold upgrade to the O-Line by putting Okung at LT and moving Albert to LG ( and don't anyone try and tell me that Berry was the right choice -- that's total BS, you don't take a Safety in the top 5, EVER !! Safeties are a dime a dozen & I notice nobody points to Berry's big contract as another reason Carr was not resigned, but it was ).

In 2011, they pass on Carimi and go with Barry Richardson as their RT. Worked out real well, didn't it?

In 2012, they pass on DeCastro and we are seeing both Lilja and Asamoah getting their a$ whipped at crucial times in games this year.

And don't anyone try using the excuse "those guys all got hurt". It's just a cop out, because there is no way of knowing that they would have gotten hurt, if any of the aforementioned guys had been drafted by the Chiefs.
    Obviously you are one of those "draft Offensive line every year" KC fans so I'm just going to say I couldn't disagree with you more.

Choosing Berry over Okung I think was the right move. When is the last time you have seen a safety come out since Polamalu and Reed that had so much playmaking ability right out of college. I didn't see you complaining after his rookie season when he was being talked about as one of the best safeties in the league after 1 year. He got hurt last year, we may or may not see the same Eric Berry ever again.

Safeties are not a "dime a dozen"... yes there are a lot of safeties in the league because it's an NFL position and needs to be filled. Since there are so many, see how many safeties you can list that are better than Berry...

His contract had NOTHING to do with Brandon Carr! Carr did not want to resign with the Chiefs, he was ready to go to Dallas soon as FA hit. We never had a chance to sign him. Berry's contract has nothing to do with it, look how much cap room we have left!

HATERS will HATE

I give you the DeCastro pick, there was nothing sexy about our draft slot there and DeCastro would have been the perfect addition. We did address the line with 2 very good prospects later on...Why didn't you mention that?

Now lets look at this from a football standpoint if your hate isn't clouding your thought process so much.

Buffalo scored at will against the Chiefs today. That means, the Chiefs are playing from behind and the way to make up that many points is to air it out. When you are in that position the opposing team defense realizes this and sends extra pass rushers each time to attack the line. Okung, DeCastro, Carimi, or whoever else you want to throw in there would NOT be able to do much better with a qb who is slow in his readings and delivery.

O-Line isn't the biggest necessity to put us over the top. I.E. Steelers, Green Bay, Patriots

What do they have in common....franchise QB, coaching staff consistency, and proven leaders.

(I can't believe I'm having the O-line talk already)

we now send you back to your regularly scheduled program

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Great team on paper , besides Cassel imo, but paper obviously doesn't mean S***.
    Preseason, yet again, told the story....
    Wow could not agree with you more here^. I think we have one of the best if not the best team of receivers/running backs in the game.... Cassel I hate.

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    We need to conciously ask ourselves if we are the hardest of hardcore fans in the NFL or our we just flatout stupid to follow this organization? Ive missed one game since the late 80s and it took a funeral to miss that one, and i just dont know how much longer I can support this team. Unbelievable
    No kidding I haven't missed a game in 15 years and this year has me really sick of the Kansas City Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by Subversion View Post
    Obviously you are one of those "draft Offensive line every year" KC fans so I'm just going to say I couldn't disagree with you more.

Choosing Berry over Okung I think was the right move. When is the last time you have seen a safety come out since Polamalu and Reed that had so much playmaking ability right out of college. I didn't see you complaining after his rookie season when he was being talked about as one of the best safeties in the league after 1 year. He got hurt last year, we may or may not see the same Eric Berry ever again.

Safeties are not a "dime a dozen"... yes there are a lot of safeties in the league because it's an NFL position and needs to be filled. Since there are so many, see how many safeties you can list that are better than Berry...

His contract had NOTHING to do with Brandon Carr! Carr did not want to resign with the Chiefs, he was ready to go to Dallas soon as FA hit. We never had a chance to sign him. Berry's contract has nothing to do with it, look how much cap room we have left!

HATERS will HATE

I give you the DeCastro pick, there was nothing sexy about our draft slot there and DeCastro would have been the perfect addition. We did address the line with 2 very good prospects later on...Why didn't you mention that?

Now lets look at this from a football standpoint if your hate isn't clouding your thought process so much.

Buffalo scored at will against the Chiefs today. That means, the Chiefs are playing from behind and the way to make up that many points is to air it out. When you are in that position the opposing team defense realizes this and sends extra pass rushers each time to attack the line. Okung, DeCastro, Carimi, or whoever else you want to throw in there would NOT be able to do much better with a qb who is slow in his readings and delivery.

O-Line isn't the biggest necessity to put us over the top. I.E. Steelers, Green Bay, Patriots

What do they have in common....franchise QB, coaching staff consistency, and proven leaders.

(I can't believe I'm having the O-line talk already)

Typical hero-worship junk combined with old "Polamalu & Reed" copout BS. Are you Berry's personal cheerleader or what?

Neither Polamalu or Reed were drafted in the top 15 !! And both the Steelers and Ravens had decent O-Lines and decent Defensive front 7's when they made those selections.

You are incorrect. I had a long discussion with other people right on this very board right after the 2010 season, that Berry wasn't the right guy to have taken at #5, especially after the Chiefs O-Line literally got ran over at the end of the 2010 season in the final 2 games at Arrowhead in Jan. of 2011. Another poster here by the name of figcrostic and I have discussed this many times via PM's during the 2010 season and even afterward, that the Chiefs had made the wrong decision passing on Okung and taking Berry.

You can hump your neighbors dog all you want to over Berry, but the fact is, he's looked to be nothing more than a dime-a-dozen Safety thus far when he has been on the field & his impact has been very minimal. You are foolishly buying into the over-hype regarding him. Look at the two Safeties Seattle drafted in 2010 ( Earl Thomas and Cam Chancelor ) that both were selected to the Pro-Bowl in 2011 ( not Pro Bowl replacements like Berry was in 2010 -- Berry had no business being even considered for the Pro Bowl, it should have been Eric Weddle of SD, who incidently was All-Pro in 2011 and selected to the Pro Bowl ).

I can name many Safeties that are as good as Eric Berry. You are over-glorifying him. He's an OK player, but no way would I spend the #5 overall pick for him and make him the highest-paid Safety in NFL history. Not only was it fiscally foolish for the Chiefs, it was foolish from a football positional value standpoint. See todays game and tell me which player had the bigger impact that was drafted in the top 10 in 2010? It was CJ Spiller.

You also incorrect about hating on Berry. It's not Berry that's being hated on. It's the Chiefs decision to take him under the WRONG circumstances.

Do you also really believe that Carr wasn't aware of the contracts of both Berry and Flowers and realized that he had no chance of getting that type of contract in KC, regardless of their cap space? You are p!ssing on your own head and telling yourself it's raining, if you think otherwise. Carr knew the Chiefs weren't going to hand out a 3rd big contract to a 3rd DB, but if Berry hadn't been selected & they had taken Okung, then he would've thought otherwise.

As far as the selections of Allen and Stephenson, I loved them, but they are not instant starters are they? When referencing Okung, Carimi, and DeCastro, I'm referring to instant starters.

Have fun pumping up the neighbors dog over Berry in your fantasy football world, while opposing Defensive front 7's continue to obliterate the Chiefs O-Line year in and year out and it doesn't matter who the Chiefs QB is, they'll be beaten into zombies just like Trent Green, Damon Huard, Brodie Croyle, and now, Matt Cassel and whoever is next in line. And meanwhile Berry will have very little impact -- just the nature of the position he plays.