Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jeff Allen carted off practice field with shoulder injury

Default Jeff Allen carted off practice field with shoulder injury

Here's the link to the report:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...kc-chiefs-camp

This is making the selection of Fisher look very much more like the right choice.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Allen was brought here to play guard, Fisher to play tackle. Fisher has no effect on the guard position.
    Allen has been given practice time at Tackle, Guard, and Center during the OTA's. My point of my original post was that drafting Fisher not only gave them an instant starter, but helped their overall depth chart on their O-Line <---that's the part that you are missing and having sail over your head. Therefore, as far as the statement about "Fisher has nothing to do with Allen", you are humping your neighbors dog & arguing just for the sake of arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Allen has been given practice time at Tackle, Guard, and Center during the OTA's. My point of my original post was that drafting Fisher not only gave them an instant starter, but helped their overall depth chart on their O-Line <---that's the part that you are missing and having sail over your head. Therefore, as far as the statement about "Fisher has nothing to do with Allen", you are humping your neighbors dog & arguing just for the sake of arguing.
    Drafting Fisher has every bit as an impact of where Allen will play as it does with drafting Kutch to play Center and Guard and signing Swartz in the off season. Fisher directly does not make the impact other than Reid always plays his best lineman and will plan his best Lineman at the positions they are best suited. So if the best four lineman are tackles the best two will play tackle while the other two will work out in other spots. If they are an upgrade at guard they will play Guard. That is why Stephenson is working at Lt RT and Guard. He may start at Guard but should an injury happen to Albert or Fisher Stpehenson will move to tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Drafting Fisher has every bit as an impact of where Allen will play as it does with drafting Kutch to play Center and Guard and signing Swartz in the off season. Fisher directly does not make the impact other than Reid always plays his best lineman and will plan his best Lineman at the positions they are best suited. So if the best four lineman are tackles the best two will play tackle while the other two will work out in other spots. If they are an upgrade at guard they will play Guard. That is why Stephenson is working at Lt RT and Guard. He may start at Guard but should an injury happen to Albert or Fisher Stpehenson will move to tackle.
    Exactly right. That was my initial point -- that bringing Fisher gave them an instant starter as well as helping to improve the overall depth of the O-Line. If the Chiefs had drafted Warmack, it's quite likely that Allen would be working at Tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Exactly right. That was my initial point -- that bringing Fisher gave them an instant starter as well as helping to improve the overall depth of the O-Line. If the Chiefs had drafted Warmack, it's quite likely that Allen would be working at Tackle.
    From what I heard on the radio just over lunch. Allen was most likely the back up Guard/Center with him getting more work at Center. Jeff Schwartz apparantely is running with Starters over Asamoaha. While it has only been two days of pads, they say he clearly looks better than Jon.

Also said, Poe looked great along with some other DT that we picked up this year in FA. Can't remember his name but he was in there as starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    From what I heard on the radio just over lunch. Allen was most likely the back up Guard/Center with him getting more work at Center. Jeff Schwartz apparantely is running with Starters over Asamoaha. While it has only been two days of pads, they say he clearly looks better than Jon.

Also said, Poe looked great along with some other DT that we picked up this year in FA. Can't remember his name but he was in there as starter.
    I believe that to be Mike DeVito who was picked up to replace Glenn Dorsey. Poe is physically gifted monster, who if they can get his playing skills to match his physical ability can become a wrecking machine.

Not surprised that Schwartz could very well be displacing Asamoah. Poor Asamoah has been getting flat-backed by opposing defenders on a repeated basis right from the get-go and he really struggles to stay on his feet. Schwartz is 6-6 and 340 and it's not going to be easy for any opposing defender to knock him over & if Schwartz pans out and proves to be a pillar of strength in the middle of the O-Line, then I hope they can resign him, as he is only signed to a 1-yr deal right now.

I would not be surprised at all to see Stephenson capture the LG position. All this goes back to what I said initially about Fisher being the right choice, because it helped give the overall O-Line group more flexibility. Everybody saw the problems they had last year with injuries and the same thing happened in Philly and GB last year, as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12