Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donkey's OG quits football

HOLY CRAP! Is this guy a starter for them? Sorry for the dumb question I just don't follow the Donks beyond whether they win or lose. If this guy was a starter we may just have gotten an early Christmas present!

No, John Moffitt was not a starter for Denver. It seemed like he never recovered from his rookie injury, same as his ex-Wisconsin teammate Gabe Carimi. Both were good O-Line prospects coming into the 2011 draft & I had hoped the Chiefs would land one or both of them. But things have gone completely sour for both of them in the NFL.

Oh BOTHER! I was thinking maybe our Defense was going to have EVEN MORE of a field day.

He's solid depth though, I thought. I thought I had heard his name often enough during their game broadcasts.

I personally think he is just being a baby for not getting a chance to start and taking his balls and going home. I understand the health excuses he is making, and I am fine with that, but what is 8 more games on the side line going to hurt. You are quitting on your teammate, your team and the fans in the middle of a season. I bet the Donkies take legal action against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I personally think he is just being a baby for not getting a chance to start and taking his balls and going home. I understand the health excuses he is making, and I am fine with that, but what is 8 more games on the side line going to hurt. You are quitting on your teammate, your team and the fans in the middle of a season. I bet the Donkies take legal action against him.
    Yet if this was a chief, your tone would be completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Yet if this was a chief, your tone would be completely different.
    Your right, I would be calling the guy out for quitting on me and my team in a much more pissed off tone. You don't quit in the middle of a season. You buck up finish your obligations and then quit at the end of the year when the team can prepare for your absence. That Bloke took a roster spot from someone who would do anything to play the game. He is leaving his team when it matters most as they start to take on their toughest opponents on their schedule. If he was a Chief. I would call him a PUnk ACE PU$$ unless he had a very valid reason that needed his attention right now. Such as his momma is on a her death bed and he needs to tend to her. This guys is openly admitting that he is just quitting because he is done playing.

I hope he ends up getting sued by the Donkies and then see if he having nothing brings him happiness. I bet once reality hits this Bloke he tries to return to football.

he's quitting to protect his health. no more concussions for him. if he's had any
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    he's quitting to protect his health. no more concussions for him. if he's had any
    That is what he is saying, but I think the real truth is that he is really just not happy being a back up and not playing so he is just quitting and using Health as his crutch to soften up the reall truth that he is a quitter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast