Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick thoughts on the game

Default Quick thoughts on the game

1- Alex Smith answered a lot of questions today. I thought Aaron Rodgers was wearing 11 for us.

2- Apologies to Alex for Avery (and the rest of the WR group)

3- denver was almost never called for blatant holdings of Hali and T-Jax, and leg whips.

4- After Denver's last TD can somebody show me that "blow to the head" the officials called on us?

5- Cooper is a raw rookie and it showed, but I still think the kid has long term talent.

6- Time to trade Flowers this off season.

7- Not to wish injury on anyone, but Albert's injury might be a blessing in disguise for the Chiefs. Let's start Fishers development there.

8- I badly wanted us to draft Decker when he was coming up. It hurts me double that one of my favorite draft wishes skewered us so bad for the hated Donks.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    That's pure bullsh!t !! Stephenson replaced Fisher because Fisher was hurt and was listed as questionable going into the Denver game. Fisher also did well against Von Miller. Stephenson has had reps at LT this year, whereas Fisher hasn't, but that could change at any time & it wouldn't surprise me if Fisher is the LT right from the get-go in 2014. Get your facts straight.
    Facts? You obviously missed this...We shall see once all are healthy, but Andy acknowledged they've been better (they have): http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/1...-albert-injury

"So was this a decision based on the injuries to Fisher and Asamoah? Or that Stephenson and Schwartz, who started last week against San Diego, were simply better?"It's a combination of both," Andy Reid said at his Monday press conference. "[Stephenson and Schwartz] did a nice job against San Diego. The other part was I didn't think the [injured] guys were able to practice as much earlier in the week as they needed to. Along with [Stephenson and Schwartz] playing well, it was a combination.""

Last edited by Ryfo18; 12-02-2013 at 02:07 PM.

We know that Manning and his receivers are good, but on a level playing field, are the Donkeys really anything more than an average team, even with Manning? I don't think so. He would have been KO'd already, if his O-Line wasn't allowed to hold and get away with it. Admittedly, Manning seems to have the Chiefs number, but Tom Brady and the Pats have Mannings number. And it just so happens, the Pats are leading their division & will probably get the #2 seed in the post-season.

Not sure how the Chiefs season will end up, but my biggest hope is that the Donkeys get knocked out of playoffs by someone and don't reach the SB. Besides the Chiefs have already showed vast improvement over last season, so whatever happens, the 2013 season was not a total loss for the Chiefs by any means.
    Yes, they are a team that's going to the playoffs. I've said it before I'll say it again, as long as Manning is upright life's good for the Broncos. And their recievers are good - they physically can blow by any defender in the AFC West. But we're not talking about a 25 year old Peyton Manning...We're talking a 38 year old with a history of neck surgery and ankles that are wrapped in at least an inch of tape. What's plan B for the Broncos? Sign Eli Manning, Tom Brady or Drew Brees for 140 million dollars? And how good will those recievers be if Plan B can't deliver the ball? How good will their O-line look if they have to block for longer than two seconds?

That third quarter void SUCKED. This team has a BAD habit of not producing in the third quarter.

Really what concerned me the most was that 1st drive INT. Bonehead play from a good QB. If we'd scored then & there, Moreno would've been bawling all the way through OT. Instead, we screwed up, and gave the Broncos hope.

Refs or no Refs, Manning was going to do his thing regardless. Where we screwed up, was not nailing down the coffin lid when we had the chance(s). Those chances were during the first drive, and the third quarter. When the fourth quarter rolled around, that's when the sold out refs began their sideshow of calls/no calls...

Losing this game sucked. My hope is that the Chiefs get one more chance at Manning in the postseason. We've got four games to go. Gunsights on the Redskins.

Any team that gets away with this sort of thing CANNOT be considered a true champion, as was the case with the '97 and '98 Donkeys.
    My god dude, let it go, it was 15 years ago. It'll never change. They won. You are the only person on every nfl/KC chiefs board i go on that brings this up...ever

Dropped passes, D giving up BIG plays is what's killing this team. It doesn't help the QBS we lost to (so far) are the top 2 QBS in the league right now (stat wise)

I'd take arrowhead pride with a grain of salt. Why Albert gets a hall pass from the local media I'll never understand. He struggled switching from G to LT, and the whole contract BS really was unnecessary.

Don't be surprised if the next offseason moves as fast as this one did. Neither Dorsey or Reid have time for BS like Albert's contract issues/demands to play LT. While I still think that our primary needs are WR, the O-line play hasn't been stellar, would not be surprised if Reid takes more O-line in the draft, Fisher moves to LT & Albert finds himself the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    I'd take arrowhead pride with a grain of salt.
    So you're saying they made that Andy Reid quote up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Facts? You obviously missed this...We shall see once all are healthy, but Andy acknowledged they've been better (they have): http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/1...-albert-injury

"So was this a decision based on the injuries to Fisher and Asamoah? Or that Stephenson and Schwartz, who started last week against San Diego, were simply better?"It's a combination of both," Andy Reid said at his Monday press conference. "[Stephenson and Schwartz] did a nice job against San Diego. The other part was I didn't think the [injured] guys were able to practice as much earlier in the week as they needed to. Along with [Stephenson and Schwartz] playing well, it was a combination.""

Are you blind? Did you miss the following part of that?:

"The other part was I didn't think the [injured] guys were able to practice as much earlier in the week as they needed to."

In other words, if Fisher wasn't hurt, he's still in the starting lineup.

Stephenson and Schwartz played well against SD, but the Chargers don't have anybody on that side of their Defense that comes even remotely close to some of the opposition that Fisher had to go up against in his 1st nine starts.

No, Eydugstr is saying exactly what he means regarding Arrowhead Pride IN GENERAL !! Common sense ought to tell you that.

I'd take arrowhead pride with a grain of salt. Why Albert gets a hall pass from the local media I'll never understand. He struggled switching from G to LT, and the whole contract BS really was unnecessary.

Don't be surprised if the next offseason moves as fast as this one did. Neither Dorsey or Reid have time for BS like Albert's contract issues/demands to play LT. While I still think that our primary needs are WR, the O-line play hasn't been stellar, would not be surprised if Reid takes more O-line in the draft, Fisher moves to LT & Albert finds himself the door.

Ryfo has been giving a hall pass to Albert for years, now. Because Albert was the crutch for passing on Okung and taking Berry at #5 in 2010. Pretty pathetic.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 12-02-2013 at 04:41 PM.

No. But the quote doesn't say the full story. When I was watching the series when Albert went down, Fisher was the one that went in and relieved him right then. Later they shuffled Schwartz and Stephenson around, and rotated Fisher back to the bench (*&^%!!%%$!!'n injuries)

Let's keep it friendly guys. We're all on the same side even if we don't agree on some specifics.

No. But the quote doesn't say the full story. When I was watching the series when Albert went down, Fisher was the one that went in and relieved him right then. Later they shuffled Schwartz and Stephenson around, and rotated Fisher back to the bench (*&^%!!%%$!!'n injuries)
    Fisher went back to the bench? I'm pretty sure he stayed on the field after Albert went down.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Let's keep it friendly guys. We're all on the same side even if we don't agree on some specifics.
    Sorry, but I can't do that with anyone that fabricates BS. Remember MMH?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast