Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: positives about going into Baltimore

Default positives about going into Baltimore

Well guys just a few days away tillkick off to 2009.
    We can say for sure that our defense is playing way better then last year. We have potentially our "franchise" QB starting.We have not allowed a run over 8yds in 4 pre seasons games. We have actually sacked 2-3 times a game (wow).
    As far as offense goes we are in some deep doo doo. Our punt and kick off return teams suck ars again this year and i don't know why since our defense is better????

Well to top everything of we are undefeated in Baltimaore lifetime..

If LJ plays well early, we'll win this game. I'm almost positive of that.

Everything is going to have to go perfect for us to win on sunday. One of the top things that we have going for us is that Rex Ryan is not the Defensive coordinator anymore and one of the old assistants is going to get his feet wet. The fact that this new coordinator has absolutly no film to watch / study gives us a huge advantage. This might be a way that we can jump ahead early as JM suggested.

To me the #1 thing will be turnovers. I think the defense is good enough against this offense that if we finish +2, we have a real good chance to win.

FYI- The last player to ever rush for more than 100 yards on this defense, is no other than.............LARRY JOHNSON! Unfortunatly, from what I read today, the Ravens are using this as motivation.

Worst case..... 24-6 Loss
    Best case..... 14-10 Win

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

I think this game is certainly winnable, but KC has to play smart. I'm betting Baltimore's going to come right out of the gate testing our offensive line with a good number of blitz packages. Cassell (or Thigpen)....(or Brodie)....(or Guti) need to be able to read it and adjust accordingly. With our offensive line against this defense, audibles and smartly played check downs could be the difference. We simply can't go three and out on every drive and set them up with good field position.

Defensively I think we'll be fine. If we keep playing aggressively and with the speed that we've shown, I don't think Baltimore will get more than 17 on the board barring a meltdown by our offense with lots of turnovers.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

One of the other things, 1st game of the year, lowly 2-14 Chiefs vs Big Bad Ravens. Most have written the Chiefs off, I doubt that the Ravens are looking ahead to the Chargers but it would be nice if they overlooked the Chiefs.

If they just put this into the win column then the Chiefs absolutely have a chance. Also no one has seen Cassel play much (for the Chiefs)so not much to game plan for although on the flipside Cassel hasn't had as much time to get on the same page as his receivers.

We're still the Chiefs! Every man on our roster is a Chief!

If we can stop the Ravens Offense im positive we can pull out a win.

I love this thread...

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    If we can stop the Ravens Offense im positive we can pull out a win.
    So let me get tis straight. If we keep them from scoring. And we score then we win. Wonder why hermie couldn't figure that out.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

If our defense can hold them, then its who`s kicker can kick the longest FG.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Scheme will only get you so far, at some point talent will take over. I don't see any way the Chiefs win this game unless Baltimore gives it to them. Go down the starters 1-22 of both teams and name one position where the Chiefs are better. Cornerback might be the only position where the Chiefs compare favorably and that's not enough to win a game.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast