Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First round mock

Default First round mock

A friend of mine and I alternated picks. I picked the odd picks and he picked the even. We're going to revisit, but here's what it looked like:

1.) Carolina - Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
    2.) Denver - Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
    3.) Buffalo - Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
    4.) Cincinnati - AJ Green, WR, Georgia
    5.) Arizona - Robert Quinn, OLB, North Carolina
    6.) Cleveland - Marcel Dareus, DT, Alabama
    7.) San Francisco - Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
    8.) Tennessee - Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
    9.) Dallas - Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
    10.) Washington - Stephen Paea, NT, Oregon State
    11.) Houston - Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
    12.) Minnesota - Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
    13.) Detroit - Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi St.
    14.) St. Louis - Cameron Jordan, DE, Cal
    15.) Miami - Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
    16.) Jacksonville - Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
    17.) New England - Ryan Kerrigan, OLB, Purdue
    18.) San Diego - Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State
    19.) New York Giants - Akeem Ayers, LB, UCLA
    20.) Tampa Bay - JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin
    21.) Kansas City - Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
    22.) Indianapolis - Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
    23.) Philadelphia - Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
    24.) New Orleans - Christian Ballard, DT, Iowa
    25.) Seattle - Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
    26.) Baltimore - Aldon Smith, OLB, Missouri
    27.) Atlanta - Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pitt
    28.) New England - Jarvis Jenkins, DE, Clemson
    29.) Chicago - Mike Pouncey, C, Florida
    30.) New York Jets - Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona

Looks good to me. I hope your right!

as much as i hope you are right, Jones is not falling to 21. IMO, he is the best WR in this years Draft. mostly all the mock drafts I have been watching has him going to the Rams.

I also do not believe that Jones or Green fall to #21. But nothing wrong with wishing for it.

My wish is for the Chiefs to take one of those OT's, Sherrod, Carimi, or Castonzo. Probably won't happen as taking a talented OT in the 1st round seems to be an abomination to the Chiefs brass.

Jones may not fall to 21, but again I cite Dez Bryant last year. I realize he had some character issues, but in general teams are hesitant to take WRs early. It is a difficult position to evaluate for a scout.

The way this mock draft played out, I can't really argue too heavily against any of the picks. It's very defensive heavy, but there seems to be a lot of talent this year at DE/OLB.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Jones may not fall to 21, but again I cite Dez Bryant last year. I realize he had some character issues, but in general teams are hesitant to take WRs early. It is a difficult position to evaluate for a scout.

The way this mock draft played out, I can't really argue too heavily against any of the picks. It's very defensive heavy, but there seems to be a lot of talent this year at DE/OLB.
    That was true in 2010 regarding Bryant. But step back one year & you see DHB going to Oakland at #7 and Crabtree going at #10, so it's not every year that teams are hesitant to take WR's early. And Green and Jones are better prospects than those two. Plus, if Bryant did not have character issues, he would've gone much higher.

With all the chiefs needs this off season. It would be in the chiefs best interest to pick up a wr thru free ageny. Most wr taken in the draft don't make impact their first yr. That is afact d end at 21. 2nd pick. D tackle Muhammad wilckerson. Temple. This kid can start from day one and has the highest ceiling in the draft. He can be as good as Sue in 3yrs. Check him outout

I think that Arizona will pick up Blaine Gabbert, I just think their biggest need is a QB

Quote Originally Posted by kcred View Post
    With all the chiefs needs this off season. It would be in the chiefs best interest to pick up a wr thru free ageny. Most wr taken in the draft don't make impact their first yr. That is afact d end at 21. 2nd pick. D tackle Muhammad wilckerson. Temple. This kid can start from day one and has the highest ceiling in the draft. He can be as good as Sue in 3yrs. Check him outout
    I agree NT is a need, but I'm not sold on 2 Defensive players with the 1st two picks. The O-Line does need help & that may be the strength of the draft when it comes time to pick #21. OT's Carimi, Castonzo, and Sherrod could all still be on the board. I really believe the top WR's will be gone. Many people want SOLB at #21, but it's hard to ignore that they passed on Curry in 2009 & they do have Studebaker, Cory Greenwood, and Sheffield has been given a clean bill of health to play again.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    I think that Arizona will pick up Blaine Gabbert, I just think their biggest need is a QB
    They did start a rookie named Skelton in some of their games last year, so it could happen, just like you say.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I agree NT is a need, but I'm not sold on 2 Defensive players with the 1st two picks. The O-Line does need help & that may be the strength of the draft when it comes time to pick #21. OT's Carimi, Castonzo, and Sherrod could all still be on the board. I really believe the top WR's will be gone. Many people want SOLB at #21, but it's hard to ignore that they passed on Curry in 2009 & they do have Studebaker, Cory Greenwood, and Sheffield has been given a clean bill of health to play again.

They did start a rookie named Skelton in some of their games last year, so it could happen, just like you say.
    It seemed like you never knew who Arizona was going to start at QB every week. It kind of reminded me of the Raiders. Plus they are going to try as hard as they can to keep Fitzgerald so by them drafting a QB in the first round they can try and sell Fitz on that QB to try and get him to stay.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast