Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins

Default Branden Albert drawing interest from Miami Dolphins

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...et-cb-in-draft

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...miami-dolphins

If the Dolphins are willing to offer the 54th overall pick, the Chiefs should just take it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Alex Smith should throw more under Reid, that is why I think this is a bad fit.

1. LT position is fine, it's the rest of the line I am worried about.

2. Geno had talent and so did Smith, I am not sure where you are going with this. It's like comparing apples to oranges since one plays in the NFL and the other does not. They both had talent but the difference is Geno was the anchor to his offense, Alex smith was a game manager.

3. If the dolphins are going to pay him a **** load of money and trade for him his health shouldn't be an issue.

4. I dont know who is better, but it doesn't matter since we don't need a left tackle. We have about 20 other different needs on this team. At best it's a slight upgrade.

5. Honestly, I would keep him for a year and then go tackle in next year's draft if he wanted the same amount.
    1. I agree with you here. We are fine at LT. However, Albert is unrealistic in his demands meaning he has not future here unless he changes his expectations.

2. Yes it is comparing Apple to oranges. The huge difference is that one has been sold at the market. The other is a new product that has yet been test but put on the market. There is no way anyone can for a fact say Geno is better or worse than Alex. They can only say I don't think it is worth the risk given certain tangibles the scouts see in them.

3. The Dolphins have not given Albert and Physical, They have not offered Albert a boat load of money but have been given permission to talk money. The Chiefs have basically agreed to compensation for Albert but have not agreed to trade him yet. It is possible that after a second evaluation, realizes he is asking to much and may come down on his contrat numbers. They may agree to terms, but would be very shocking seeing how he is looking for Long's contract that Miami already passed on and Long is a better LT.

4. We do need a LT. Maybe not a starter, but we have no back up after Albert. We may very well need a starter. As stated above, Albert is asking to much to consider him for the futre of this team unless he comes down from his demands. What if trading Albert allows us to tie up a younger possibly worse, or possibly better LT for at least 5 years, and then draft a another position among 20 positions that I think is a bit much seeing all the depth we signed this year. What if we ended up getting a start Guard or Center with the compensation for Albert. Our average offensive line just better and younger and will be around for a couple of years together. What if we trade Albert and there sitting at 2nd round pick is one of the Qb's that could be the next star.

5. What if next year there are no tackles available when we pick and we lose Albert to Free agency. What if a player like Aaron Murray is sitting there for us next year instead of tackle.

Right now we don't need a QB. Why waste our first on a position that will clearly sit on the bench for at least a year or two when there are 20 other postions needing to be filled.

Some people don't realize that any pick can be a complete bust, changing a mediocre vet for a rookie is always a bet, can work but isn't even close to be a sure thing.
    Saying "I've seen draftee X made more than vet Y ever done" is completely stupid, you can't know for sure. Vet Y is playing in NFL level, little difference.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Alex Smith should throw more under Reid, that is why I think this is a bad fit.
    So one of the many things you bashed Smith on was that he "didn't throw much" now your saying that it's bad he's going to throw more?

1. LT position is fine, it's the rest of the line I am worried about.
    Jockel has said he will play RT. So until the reported and talked about trade of Albert would happen then he COULD play RT There is know sure thing that the trade of Albert is going to happen.

2. Geno had talent and so did Smith, I am not sure where you are going with this. It's like comparing apples to oranges since one plays in the NFL and the other does not. They both had talent but the difference is Geno was the anchor to his offense, Alex smith was a game manager.
    This is what you do. You give the guy you like all the credit no blame you give the guy you don't like all the blame no credit. Was Alex Smith helped by the talent around him YEP. Was Geno Smith also helped by talent around him YEP. Geno Smith was outshined at his pro day by one of the players around him there. So if you're going to bash Alex Smith for having talent around him then let me here you Bash Geno Smith for the same thing. You won't.

3. If the dolphins are going to pay him a **** load of money and trade for him his health shouldn't be an issue.
    Shouldn't be an issue doesn't say it won't be an issue. You can't tell me it won't unless again as I said you're his doctor.

4. I dont know who is better, but it doesn't matter since we don't need a left tackle. We have about 20 other different needs on this team. At best it's a slight upgrade.
    We don't need a LT at this moment but since we can't say that we would be able to get a long term deal done with Albert we could very well need one very soon. And I say again the Packers "didn't need" a QB when they took Aaron Rodgers how stupid were they?

5. Honestly, I would keep him for a year and then go tackle in next year's draft if he wanted the same amount.
    How do you know there would be a LT as good as what there is this year in the draft. What if next years LT is this years QB class a weak year for it? It's not that simple

So you're holding out hope that we have a backup that is the equivalent to Kurt Warner?
    I'm hoping that we have a QB on this roster that can get the job done. There's a reason to think that Alex Smith COULD do that. He's not been horrible in the NFL hes been really good the last couple of years. There's nothing to say that he's just going to be horrible.

OH and the Rams didn't draft a QB and took a tackle with the 1st pick in the draft. I'm sure there fanbase hates that superbowl they won. I'm sure they hate that superbowl they won.Since they didn't draft a QB. Right?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

How screwed with this team be at LT if we drafted Geno and he turned out to be amazing, we make a deep playoff run, and then we draft I'm the upper
    20's next April? Even if there's an elite LT to be had next April, according to some, if we take Geno, we won't be I'm position to take him anyway. There aren't too many elite LTs taken in the 2nd round. Albert walks and the Chiefs are royally screwed at the 2nd most important position on the field. There's no part of the pro Geno argument that makes any sense. .. which is why you don't hear anyone really considering the guy in the top 5 let alone#1 overall. There's nothing that can be said that would someone absolutely believe that Geno represents so much more upside than Alex Smith that it would justify taking him#1 overall instead of trading for Alex and then taking the best player in the draft.

for Alex.

...so they couldn't just trade down for a LT or trade for one or sign one in free agency the following years? And did you say a deep playoff run?!?! People would love that

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    ...so they couldn't just trade down for a LT or trade for one or sign one in free agency the following years? And did you say a deep playoff run?!?! People would love that
    If you're going to sign one of the top FA LT's next year, why not just give Albert the money THIS year? That scenario makes no sense. Do you have any idea what it would take for a team slotted in the 25-32 range to try and trade up into the top 10 to take one of the elite LT prospect in this year's draft? They'd have to trade their entire draft and probably part of next year's draft just to make the points come close. You're not going to be able to get an elite LT next season if the Chiefs make a deep run.

Also are you saying we lose brandon some how in your scenario?
    Last edited by doobs_05; 04-24-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    1. I agree with you here. We are fine at LT. However, Albert is unrealistic in his demands meaning he has not future here unless he changes his expectations.

2. Yes it is comparing Apple to oranges. The huge difference is that one has been sold at the market. The other is a new product that has yet been test but put on the market. There is no way anyone can for a fact say Geno is better or worse than Alex. They can only say I don't think it is worth the risk given certain tangibles the scouts see in them.

3. The Dolphins have not given Albert and Physical, They have not offered Albert a boat load of money but have been given permission to talk money. The Chiefs have basically agreed to compensation for Albert but have not agreed to trade him yet. It is possible that after a second evaluation, realizes he is asking to much and may come down on his contrat numbers. They may agree to terms, but would be very shocking seeing how he is looking for Long's contract that Miami already passed on and Long is a better LT.

4. We do need a LT. Maybe not a starter, but we have no back up after Albert. We may very well need a starter. As stated above, Albert is asking to much to consider him for the futre of this team unless he comes down from his demands. What if trading Albert allows us to tie up a younger possibly worse, or possibly better LT for at least 5 years, and then draft a another position among 20 positions that I think is a bit much seeing all the depth we signed this year. What if we ended up getting a start Guard or Center with the compensation for Albert. Our average offensive line just better and younger and will be around for a couple of years together. What if we trade Albert and there sitting at 2nd round pick is one of the Qb's that could be the next star.

5. What if next year there are no tackles available when we pick and we lose Albert to Free agency. What if a player like Aaron Murray is sitting there for us next year instead of tackle.

Right now we don't need a QB. Why waste our first on a position that will clearly sit on the bench for at least a year or two when there are 20 other postions needing to be filled.

The first question you say we are fine at LT and then in the 4th you say we need a LT. Are you talking about depth? I think Stephenson has shown he can be reliable in a back up position.

We do need a qb. Alex Smith is the perfect veteran to back up a franchise qb similar to what he was doing in SF.

To your qb point why do we need a LT when we have 20 other positions that need to be filled?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    How screwed with this team be at LT if we drafted Geno and he turned out to be amazing, we make a deep playoff run, and then we draft I'm the upper
    20's next April? Even if there's an elite LT to be had next April, according to some, if we take Geno, we won't be I'm position to take him anyway. There aren't too many elite LTs taken in the 2nd round. Albert walks and the Chiefs are royally screwed at the 2nd most important position on the field. There's no part of the pro Geno argument that makes any sense. .. which is why you don't hear anyone really considering the guy in the top 5 let alone#1 overall. There's nothing that can be said that would someone absolutely believe that Geno represents so much more upside than Alex Smith that it would justify taking him#1 overall instead of trading for Alex and then taking the best player in the draft.

for Alex.

Honestly, why wouldn't you want that situation? A stud qb who leads us deep into the playoffs? I would love to draft in the upper 20's next year. If that were to happen then give Albert the deal he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    So one of the many things you bashed Smith on was that he "didn't throw much" now your saying that it's bad he's going to throw more?

Jockel has said he will play RT. So until the reported and talked about trade of Albert would happen then he COULD play RT There is know sure thing that the trade of Albert is going to happen.

This is what you do. You give the guy you like all the credit no blame you give the guy you don't like all the blame no credit. Was Alex Smith helped by the talent around him YEP. Was Geno Smith also helped by talent around him YEP. Geno Smith was outshined at his pro day by one of the players around him there. So if you're going to bash Alex Smith for having talent around him then let me here you Bash Geno Smith for the same thing. You won't.

Shouldn't be an issue doesn't say it won't be an issue. You can't tell me it won't unless again as I said you're his doctor.

We don't need a LT at this moment but since we can't say that we would be able to get a long term deal done with Albert we could very well need one very soon. And I say again the Packers "didn't need" a QB when they took Aaron Rodgers how stupid were they?

How do you know there would be a LT as good as what there is this year in the draft. What if next years LT is this years QB class a weak year for it? It's not that simple

I'm hoping that we have a QB on this roster that can get the job done. There's a reason to think that Alex Smith COULD do that. He's not been horrible in the NFL hes been really good the last couple of years. There's nothing to say that he's just going to be horrible.

OH and the Rams didn't draft a QB and took a tackle with the 1st pick in the draft. I'm sure there fanbase hates that superbowl they won. I'm sure they hate that superbowl they won.Since they didn't draft a QB. Right?

If we have a backup that's equivalent to Kurt warner who can step in win a super bowl and become a hall of famer then I am on board with drafting a LT.

The problem with that is the odds are 100000000000000 to 1.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast