Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Chances of drafting 2 OL?

Default Chances of drafting 2 OL?

Just trying to get others thoughts on the chances of us drafting a Top Tackle with our first pick? Then drafting a OG with our second or draft a DE or MLB with our second and a OG with our third? Of course we will need to pick up a QB with our fourth.

So this would be great

1) Best Tackle
    2) DE/MLB
    3) OG
    4) QB

EDIT: Does any team have 2 first rounders this coming draft? Maybe trade our top 3 pick if we are at that spot for more picks, BUT I'm banking on my main man Croyle to come in and be lights out and we end up in the middle of the draft!!!!
    Last edited by balto; 10-07-2008 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    I agree Darth,

thats why we do this

First round: Tackle
    Second round: Maclin
    Third round: OG
    Fourth round: Chase

then pay Peppers what he wants to join us.

Then we have our OL, QB, Weapons for QB (mac/Bowe), and the pass rusher in Peppers that will make the entire D better. OH and since we have a OL now LJ will get back to Running like a train
    Who is Maclin? I don't follow MU, but the Maclin I have watched play form MU won't be around for the 2nd round, assuming if he goes out for the draft.

I would have to think he is easily a top 3 receiver in the draft. I don't know if it is MU fans, but someone is saying he could be a candidate for the Heisman. If that is true, he is definately gone 1st round.

ALSO, I agree with you teh most about Cowher.

I know everyone including me hates the way Herm is running things as HC, BUT its not like he is trying to loose guys I just really thinks he does not have what it takes to be a NFL HC. I want this

GM-HERM
    HC-Cowher

Like it or not Herm knows talent he just can't coach talent.
    Cowher isn't going to come out of retirement for a job where he doesn't have personnel power as well as the Head Coaching job. Expect him to have a position similar to Holmgren's position in Seattle. I think Cowher ends up in Cincy or St Louis.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Who is Maclin? I don't follow MU, but the Maclin I have watched play form MU won't be around for the 2nd round, assuming if he goes out for the draft.

I would have to think he is easily a top 3 receiver in the draft. I don't know if it is MU fans, but someone is saying he could be a candidate for the Heisman. If that is true, he is definately gone 1st round.
    You just never know. Look at how many teams passed on Dorsey?
    Maclin's an all-around and very athletic player. His skills aren't just limited to receiving, so he probably WILL go pretty quick to a team that needs a wide-out and a return guy.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Cowher isn't going to come out of retirement for a job where he doesn't have personnel power as well as the Head Coaching job. Expect him to have a position similar to Holmgren's position in Seattle. I think Cowher ends up in Cincy or St Louis.
    Clark will be making a disasterous mistake if he lets Cowher go anywhere but KC. We might want to consider signing him.........today.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Clark will be making a disasterous mistake if he lets Cowher go anywhere but KC. We might want to consider signing him.........today.
    I am not sure I want to wait another 10 years for a coach to finally win a superbowl.

Until Cowher won the superbowl. He was labled the same as Marty. A good regular season coach who coulnd't win the big games. They even talked about how Cowher was an assitant under Marty so they were both under the same mold. The same Mold that Herm is trying to implement.

I am not sure I want to wait another 10 years for a coach to finally win a superbowl.

Until Cowher won the superbowl. He was labled the same as Marty. A good regular season coach who coulnd't win the big games. They even talked about how Cowher was an assitant under Marty so they were both under the same mold. The same Mold that Herm is trying to implement.
    You said it. Cowher has won the superbowl! He knows how to win! Thats the only difference between the two I need to hear. And he did it under the tight squeeze of the Rooney clan, who are just as penny-pinching as anyone in the nfl...
    SHUT IT

Yeah but in the meantime you'll make the playoffs every year, and go to the Conference championship game on a regular basis, and you may even make a Super Bowl in less than 10 years...remember if Neil O'Donnell hadn't thrown two 2nd half INTs, Cowher would've won a Super Bowl in his first 5 years...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

I vote you for the new GM!!! We think alike with this years draft picks.

The main reason I like Chase is exactly what you said. He works harder with the players and coaches than anyone I have seen come out of college.

Lets face it we don't need a QB that is a Payton type of player. We need someone who can get teh smart short yards and when needed throw the long pass DEAD ON TARGET!!!! If we REALLY REALLY focus on getting at least 2 great OL from the draft or FA we are gonna run ruin run with LJ like we have in the past. We just need a QB that will make smart moves and not get hurt. Chase would be perfect. I would even spend a 3rd on Chase.

BUT out of the two QB's you asked about Stafford is by far the better QB. I would say that if Bradford comes out he would be even better then Stafford.

SO if we go QB in first round then lets do this

1) Bradford
    2) Tackle
    3) OG
    4) LB/CB

And get our WR out of next years Draft.

We also have to do what ever we can to get Peppers. I think he is sooo much better then Jared Allen and probably would end up costing us less money if we would of kept Allen.

ALSO, I agree with you teh most about Cowher.

I know everyone including me hates the way Herm is running things as HC, BUT its not like he is trying to loose guys I just really thinks he does not have what it takes to be a NFL HC. I want this

GM-HERM
    HC-Cowher

Like it or not Herm knows talent he just can't coach talent.
    I have zero confidence with Herm as GM, he might be a decent DC or talent scout, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Yeah but in the meantime you'll make the playoffs every year, and go to the Conference championship game on a regular basis, and you may even make a Super Bowl in less than 10 years...remember if Neil O'Donnell hadn't thrown two 2nd half INTs, Cowher would've won a Super Bowl in his first 5 years...
    Oh Man; did you just hit the nail on the head!!!

Super Bowl is always the goal, but being competitive every year is what keeps us as fans coming back for more.
    It also keeps player morale high!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I have zero confidence with Herm as GM, he might be a decent DC or talent scout, but that's about it.
    Same here. If Herm can't manage the team on the field, why would we want him to manage the franchise. NO WAY!!!
    SHUT IT

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast